In at Santa Clara!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Temka

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Temka » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:46 pm

CmonSD wrote:Has anyone in "2nd review" been accepted?

I don't know anyone who has been accepted, but I do know 2 people who got rejected. I guess we should be happy we are still being considered...

boardride23

Postby boardride23 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:18 pm

To everyone still being considered there should be hope on the horizon. Many students I've spoken to (myself included), withdrew yesterday (first day of deposits for many). Their scholarship offers left a lot to be desired (for non-minority students) and they had no promise of increasing them.

I hope my spot and $ goes to one of you :D

Temka

Postby Temka » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 pm

boardride23 wrote:To everyone still being considered there should be hope on the horizon. Many students I've spoken to (myself included), withdrew yesterday (first day of deposits for many). Their scholarship offers left a lot to be desired (for non-minority students) and they had no promise of increasing them.

I hope my spot and $ goes to one of you :D

Thank you Boardride!

Snazzygirl

Postby Snazzygirl » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:38 pm

I have been in 2nd Review since 1/5. Nothing has changed. I don't expect any activity today or Monday because, since it's Jesuit, the offices are closed.

A big shout out of thanks to everyone who withdrew :)

Temka

Postby Temka » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Snazzygirl wrote:I have been in 2nd Review since 1/5. Nothing has changed. I don't expect any activity today or Monday because, since it's Jesuit, the offices are closed.

A big shout out of thanks to everyone who withdrew :)

Yup, they are closed today, but open Monday...at least thats what their voicemail said. I hope and think that there will be some movement in the upcoming weeks because of the passing deposit deadline...

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:17 pm

For those who put deposits down by April 1, did you get any sort of confirmation email? I haven't heard a peep from them since, I'm thinking about calling.

ihatethelsat

Postby ihatethelsat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:03 pm

J Burrito wrote:For those who put deposits down by April 1, did you get any sort of confirmation email? I haven't heard a peep from them since, I'm thinking about calling.

I did get one, I would definitely call to confirm.

superflush

Postby superflush » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:36 pm

J Burrito wrote:For those who put deposits down by April 1, did you get any sort of confirmation email? I haven't heard a peep from them since, I'm thinking about calling.

Yes, about 20 mins ago

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Yeah I called about it and they said they were sending out another batch of confirmations today. Two minutes later it was in my inbox :)

Snazzygirl

Postby Snazzygirl » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Anyone in "2nd Review" get a decision today? Or are they tending to their already-accepted applicants...LOL

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Withdrawing soon. Top 25% requirement on scholarship is a bit scary. Love the area, and I would definitely still be considering it if I had an interest in IP.

Hope this makes some room for those still waiting. :)

SpencerPratt

Postby SpencerPratt » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Just got an email that the committee has not reached a decision...I'll be notified at the end of April whether I'm in or on the WL. I've pretty much decided on SMU, but I do like CA...

km23

Postby km23 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

moe

Postby moe » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:14 pm

I received the same e-mail just a few minutes ago about either being admitted or waitlisted by end of april...

Oh man, I would looove to stay in California. I don't want to mooove! I wonder if they have any scholarship money left though...

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

wh3931110

Postby wh3931110 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Also got the same email... I am not sure if anyone else is wondering this or not, but who has SCU rejected? If none of us are getting rejected should a wait list be taken as a soft rejection at this point?

Foosters Galore

Postby Foosters Galore » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:19 pm

km23 wrote:
SpencerPratt wrote:Just got an email that the committee has not reached a decision...I'll be notified at the end of April whether I'm in or on the WL. I've pretty much decided on SMU, but I do like CA...

I just got that too! I was one of the people in 2nd review since January. It's good news that I won't be rejected for sure. Do you guys think I should send another LOCI saying that I would 100% attend if admitted (because I would) and that I have a seat deposit coming up on April 29th? The email said no additional info is necessary but it doesn't say we CAN'T send anything. However, I don't want to seem annoying.

I was wondering the same thing. However, in my case as an extreme splitter, I think that it will come down to whether they need my LSAT score. If they don't, the most convincing LOCI in the world probably wouldn't make a difference.

Temka

Postby Temka » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:52 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:Just got an email that the committee has not reached a decision...I'll be notified at the end of April whether I'm in or on the WL. I've pretty much decided on SMU, but I do like CA...

+1
btw I do know of people who got rejected so do not take WL as a soft rejection because it is not.

joonhp

Postby joonhp » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Temka wrote:

+1
btw I do know of people who got rejected so do not take WL as a soft rejection because it is not.

so ...uh... if i didn't receive this email...what are they going to do? give me an answer sooner?

was everyone who got this email in 2nd review? because i'm just in committee

km23

Postby km23 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 pm

/

joonhp

Postby joonhp » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:09 pm

km23 wrote:
joonhp wrote:
Temka wrote:

+1

so ...uh... if i didn't receive this email...what are they going to do? give me an answer sooner?

I went through last year's thread and some people who never got the email got accepted around mid April, so hopefully that's you. People who got the email heard a few days before the end of April (mostly waitlists) and on May 1st (mostly acceptances/some waitlists). Some people who didn't get the email got rejected. Yes, I am that bored. So whoever got the email...don't hold your breath for hearing before the last week of April (unless they do things differently this year).

HAHAHA...thank you for your thorough research!

moe

Postby moe » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:17 pm

km23 wrote:
joonhp wrote:
Temka wrote:

+1

I went through last year's thread and some people who never got the email got accepted around mid April, so hopefully that's you. People who got the email heard a few days before the end of April (mostly waitlists) and on May 1st (mostly acceptances/some waitlists). Some people who didn't get the email got rejected. Yes, I am that bored. So whoever got the email...don't hold your breath for hearing before the last week of April (unless they do things differently this year).

from your research, did you happen to find whether or not any of these people who were accepted at the end of april were offered scholarships??

km23

Postby km23 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 pm

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:07 pm

I got this same email... I just got accepted to Rutgers-Camden and, although it is a great school, I want to stay in California. Fingers-crossed!

I think I will shoot off my LOCI bullet if I get wait listed.

v. dentata

Postby v. dentata » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:48 am

Got the same email. So that means for sure that I will not be rejected (before being waitlisted)?

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:12 am

wh3931110 wrote:I am not sure if anyone else is wondering this or not, but who has SCU rejected?

They have rejected people. They just might not use TLS.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”