In at Santa Clara!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
superflush

Silver

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Post by superflush » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:58 pm

luckyduck wrote:Can you let us know what they say? I'd be curious since I've been "in committee" since 9/28.
Wait, what, thats insane. You applied before the EA deadline.

txelle

New

Post by txelle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:00 pm

luckyduck wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
barry zuckerkorn wrote:Probably wouldn't hurt to call them at this point and ask when it would be reasonable to expect a decision, since you went in committee back in October. They're a friendly bunch, from my experience.
thanks zucker. i'll try tomorrow. i hope my app's not under some dark dungeon of an abandoned desk gathering dust.... :?
Can you let us know what they say? I'd be curious since I've been "in committee" since 9/28.
wow. I thought my month of "in committee" was bad...

eaters333

New

Post by eaters333 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:02 pm

In with $14000

Island Girl

Bronze

Post by Island Girl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:50 pm

luckyduck wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
barry zuckerkorn wrote:Probably wouldn't hurt to call them at this point and ask when it would be reasonable to expect a decision, since you went in committee back in October. They're a friendly bunch, from my experience.
thanks zucker. i'll try tomorrow. i hope my app's not under some dark dungeon of an abandoned desk gathering dust.... :?
Can you let us know what they say? I'd be curious since I've been "in committee" since 9/28.
I called Annemarie Der, the Admissions Coordinator. Real friendly. She told me that whatever it says on the Status Checker is what she knows. I guess that's an implied, "Just wait for our decision". Whoopee.

luckyduck

Bronze

Post by luckyduck » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Island Girl wrote:
luckyduck wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
I called Annemarie Der, the Admissions Coordinator. Real friendly. She told me that whatever it says on the Status Checker is what she knows. I guess that's an implied, "Just wait for our decision". Whoopee.
Ok. I won't bother calling then. I'll be patient...I guess :cry: Thanks for getting back though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

barry zuckerkorn

New

Post by barry zuckerkorn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:47 am

Island Girl wrote:
luckyduck wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
Sorry to hear, islandgirl. Annemarie is pretty awesome though, it was her putting up with my incessant questions and getting me in touch with alumn/students that has really made SCU my top choice... the 90k starting salary of PDs in Santa Clara county doesn't hurt either.

Island Girl

Bronze

Post by Island Girl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:30 am

barry zuckerkorn wrote:
Island Girl wrote:I called Annemarie Der, the Admissions Coordinator. Real friendly. She told me that whatever it says on the Status Checker is what she knows. I guess that's an implied, "Just wait for our decision". Whoopee.
Sorry to hear, islandgirl. Annemarie is pretty awesome though, it was her putting up with my incessant questions and getting me in touch with alumn/students that has really made SCU my top choice... the 90k starting salary of PDs in Santa Clara county doesn't hurt either.
That's good to know barry z. Maybe she was having a bad day? Hopefully we'll all hear soon so we can stop holding our breath.

taytay

New

Post by taytay » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Received package today. In with $11,000 Emery Merit Scholarship

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/taytay

Cale39

New

Post by Cale39 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm

taytay wrote:Received package today. In with $11,000 Emery Merit Scholarship

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/taytay
sweet a fellow canadian who may be attending SC

I'm from Toronto, moved to CA in 2001 (did my Ugrad at Berkeley)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jay9587

New

Post by Jay9587 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Status checker just changed to decision mailed. Anybody have an idea on how long the letter usually takes to arrive?

azb

Bronze

Post by azb » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Jay9587 wrote:Status checker just changed to decision mailed. Anybody have an idea on how long the letter usually takes to arrive?
I am on the East Coat and got my package in less than a week...4-5 days

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Jay9587 wrote:Status checker just changed to decision mailed. Anybody have an idea on how long the letter usually takes to arrive?
+1! And I have amounts in the deposit section! Finally!

UGHilbert

New

Post by UGHilbert » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:08 pm

I was accepted, and got decision mailed on 2/2. Yet I still haven't gotten the physical mail. Probably because I'm in DC and haven't gotten mail for a week, but still.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:10 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

erico

Bronze

Post by erico » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 pm

km23 wrote:
J Burrito wrote:
+1! And I have amounts in the deposit section! Finally!
Congrats! Deposits have meant acceptances thus far. Ugh I am STILL In 2nd Review since 1/5...come on santa claraaaa
Decision mailed, hopefully it will get here soon!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:58 pm

I am still in committee as of 2/11. However I was in committee since mid January. Is this a good thing or bad thing? I figure it is good I am not rejected yet.

azb

Bronze

Post by azb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:03 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I am still in committee as of 2/11. However I was in committee since mid January. Is this a good thing or bad thing? I figure it is good I am not rejected yet.
I believe it means your application is under second review. That was the case for mine. I got my acceptance package in less than 2 weeks after the change in my status.
Good luck

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

33_Orientales

New

Post by 33_Orientales » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm

azb wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I am still in committee as of 2/11. However I was in committee since mid January. Is this a good thing or bad thing? I figure it is good I am not rejected yet.
I believe it means your application is under second review. That was the case for mine. I got my acceptance package in less than 2 weeks after the change in my status.
Good luck
I've been in second review for over two months.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Under review since 1/20 with no movement. Come on!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:47 pm

does it specifically say you are under 2nd review?

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:00 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Norwood

Bronze

Post by Norwood » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:16 pm

status to "decision mailed" today... NO deposit info
This has meant rejection so far so I'm pretty bummed.

Is there any hope?? waitlist? Also, I applied "FT and will consider PT," is there any possibility of me still being in the running for the PT program?

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Received my decision in the mail today. In with $8k Emery Merit scholarship. Decision mailed 2/12.

erico

Bronze

Post by erico » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Norwood wrote:status to "decision mailed" today... NO deposit info
This has meant rejection so far so I'm pretty bummed.

Is there any hope?? waitlist? Also, I applied "FT and will consider PT," is there any possibility of me still being in the running for the PT program?
Yikes. I re-checked mine and saw the deposit info. I'm expecting an acceptance anyways but still excited to get the envelope. For those who got $$, did you get it before filing your FAFSA? I just filed mine last night..

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Mine says decision mailed and just has the deposit info at 0.00 so I guess I may be out to. I am retaking LSAT in June.

How do they notify? Strictly mail or do they email?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”