In at Santa Clara!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
superflush

Silver

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Post by superflush » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:33 pm

moverit wrote:For a moment I thought they sent me a holiday themed acceptance email. It would have been fitting considering my love of themed parties. Oh well, in the committee I shall wait.
Acceptance will come in the mail anyway.

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:07 pm

i've already been accepted so i just thought the card was nice.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:11 pm

twert wrote:i've already been accepted so i just thought the card was nice.
same here. so, me too.

World B. Free

Bronze

Post by World B. Free » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:12 pm

ya, that Holiday e-card got my hopes up.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:16 pm

superflush wrote:
same here. so, me too.
Actually It reminded me that I still needed to withdraw. Doing that now.

And withdrawn. Good luck all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:30 pm

CyLaw wrote:
superflush wrote:
same here. so, me too.
Actually It reminded me that I still needed to withdraw. Doing that now.

And withdrawn. Good luck all.

Thanks! ... I think I am going to get a "wait until regular decision" letter. At least that's what it says in the status update :(

Question for everyone: In my PS I did not mention much of Why Santa Clara, besides a few sentences, do you think it would be a good idea to write a Why Santa Clara soon or wait until if I get waitlisted first?

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:48 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:Question for everyone: In my PS I did not mention much of Why Santa Clara, besides a few sentences, do you think it would be a good idea to write a Why Santa Clara soon or wait until if I get waitlisted first?
I didn't think there was a "Why Santa Clara" ... if you get waitlisted, you could write a LOCI and incorporate your feelings for Santa Clara.

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:49 pm

superflush wrote:
GoodToBeTheKing wrote:Question for everyone: In my PS I did not mention much of Why Santa Clara, besides a few sentences, do you think it would be a good idea to write a Why Santa Clara soon or wait until if I get waitlisted first?
I didn't think there was a "Why Santa Clara" ... if you get waitlisted, you could write a LOCI and incorporate your feelings for Santa Clara.
so I wouldnt be able to write a letter before then? just something like an addendum that i could add to my application when it will be reviewed again with everyone else?

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:52 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:so I wouldnt be able to write a letter before then? just something like an addendum that i could add to my application when it will be reviewed again with everyone else?
that isn't what an addendum is for. if there is a specific issue with your application that you'd like to address, then you could write an addendum. but writing an addendum about why you would want to go to Santa Clara just doesn't make sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:52 pm

looking at LSN last year, Santa Clara appears to be particularly stingy with merit aid.

sirchristaylor

Bronze

Post by sirchristaylor » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:51 am

superflush wrote:It probably didn't take them that long to make the card.
+1

valley splitter

Bronze

Post by valley splitter » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Got the scholarship letter today!!!

I was awarded the Emery Scholarship in the amount of $17,000 per year, renewable with being in top 25% of class. I'm actually really happy about this. I didn't think I would get anything, much less this much. My numbers weren't spectacular - 2.53/163 - but I did undergrad there. Still waiting on other schools' decisions and scholarship information but SCU just went pretty high up on my list. Scholarship information should be coming soon for all I imagine. The letter was postmarked 12/9 and I live not too far from the school.

samwhip7

New

Post by samwhip7 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Was there anything listed under the mailings section on your status checker before that was sent?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:42 pm

valley splitter wrote:Got the scholarship letter today!!!

I was awarded the Emery Scholarship in the amount of $17,000 per year, renewable with being in top 25% of class. I'm actually really happy about this. I didn't think I would get anything, much less this much. My numbers weren't spectacular - 2.53/163 - but I did undergrad there. Still waiting on other schools' decisions and scholarship information but SCU just went pretty high up on my list. Scholarship information should be coming soon for all I imagine. The letter was postmarked 12/9 and I live not too far from the school.
Great news. I hope to get mine soon.

sirchristaylor

Bronze

Post by sirchristaylor » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:00 pm

a male human wrote:

Great news. I hope to get mine soon.
Congrats, that's an awesome scholarship!!!

amichig

New

Post by amichig » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:31 pm

ahhh! I have the same mailing sent on my SC status checker. Please let there be scholarship info in the mail for me!

valley splitter

Bronze

Post by valley splitter » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 pm

I didn't get any new information regarding my scholarship under my online status checker. However, there was a date (12/3/09) under the mailing section but no description. I don't know what that was because the letter itself was dated 12/9 and the envelope was postmarked 12/9. Good luck to everyone though. Hope you guys get your scholarship information soon and it's good news.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bluejayk

Bronze

Post by bluejayk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:00 am

tag

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:48 am

Nice scholly valley splitter. GPA req's are bs though. I didn't do the math on SCU but I would bet that about half of their 1L class gets a scholarship and only top 1/4 are eligible to keep them. Which if you figure there will at least be a few non-scholarship students in the top 25% - that means less than half of the scholarship recipients actually keep their schollys beyond 1L.

Still a great scholarship though...just make sure you get the grades.

bluejayk

Bronze

Post by bluejayk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:53 am

I was looking at LSN for last year's class and wondering what SCU's looking for for a one of their larger scholarships, it doesn't seem that the one person who got a full-ride had amazingly stellar stats.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:14 am

swheat wrote:I didn't do the math on SCU but I would bet that about half of their 1L class gets a scholarship and only top 1/4 are eligible to keep them.
unless you are including small scholarships, I doubt this

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

valley splitter

Bronze

Post by valley splitter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:15 am

bluejayk wrote:I was looking at LSN for last year's class and wondering what SCU's looking for for a one of their larger scholarships, it doesn't seem that the one person who got a full-ride had amazingly stellar stats.
I just looked over LSN and I think the largest one I found was $115 which is $35 a year. I'm guessing that's a Dean's Fellow. Looking through the rest, I think I was awarded one of the higher amounts ($51 total or $17/yr). Not sure what the criteria for awarding scholarships is. I'll take it though, it's great. I spoke with a friend at the school and I heard they don't give out that many Dean's Fellow Scholarships. Then they have the Law Faculty Scholarship which goes up to about half-tuition and the Emery Scholarship I received which is about half.

bluejayk

Bronze

Post by bluejayk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:32 am

valley splitter wrote: I just looked over LSN and I think the largest one I found was $115 which is $35 a year. I'm guessing that's a Dean's Fellow. Looking through the rest, I think I was awarded one of the higher amounts ($51 total or $17/yr). Not sure what the criteria for awarding scholarships is. I'll take it though, it's great. I spoke with a friend at the school and I heard they don't give out that many Dean's Fellow Scholarships. Then they have the Law Faculty Scholarship which goes up to about half-tuition and the Emery Scholarship I received which is about half.
Well, it sounds great, congratulations, that's a lot of debt and a lot of worries off your mind.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:23 pm

+1 on the Emery Scholarship. I was awarded $33,000, paid at $11,000/yr contingent on top 25%. Given my numbers (165/3.52), I'm a little disappointed it's not larger... but c'est la vie

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:36 pm

I wonder what the criteria for the scholarships are. Major? Those boxes in the app to indicate field of interest?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”