Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Do they REALLY not look at you until after Feb. 1st?


Lex, who was deferred, didn't get the acceptance until early April. I think a lot of the deferred people are in for a long wait. Some last year look like they heard back in mid-December (some waitlists), but it seems like it's anybody's guess.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:59 pm

swc65 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
swc65 wrote:Accepted
LexTalionis 173 3.66
LegalColorado 170 3.9

Why would these be deffered at Cornell? Especially the second one. Numbers above 75th. Maybe something with the application.


The first person got into CLS, so I doubt there was anything wrong with her app. Maybe they didn't think she'd attend, deferred her, but she wrote a convincing LOCI.


Who knows? This is such a confusing process. I hate being in the dark all of the time. I wish they could just be a little more transparent. I mean, why do they put on the website "decision" but not say what it is? Seems stupid.


They're all sadists. No other answer.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:01 pm

this thread makes me anxious. Not in a goood way either. Admissions are soooo evil. :)

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tintin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:07 pm

this thread is making me really anxious too. it seems like all bad news from cornell. I really, really want cornell....but now looking at all those #s I have no idea what my chances are anymore. Hopefully since I wrote a why cornell they will recognize my sincere interest....

sorry to all those who are deferred, also, i wouldn't be surprised if i join your ranks soon....

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:14 pm

tintin wrote:this thread is making me really anxious too. it seems like all bad news from cornell. I really, really want cornell....but now looking at all those #s I have no idea what my chances are anymore. Hopefully since I wrote a why cornell they will recognize my sincere interest....

sorry to all those who are deferred, also, i wouldn't be surprised if i join your ranks soon....

+1

Sorry to those that have been deferred. I think it's stupid that cornell woudl send out deferrals first rather than acceptance. It's so annoying

I guess the real test is if users such as ankit and helmholtz actually get in.

Although I have good numbers (LSP=admit) too. I still haven't heard anything whereas other people have heard back in the dc with a deferral. So I guess, maybe there is some hope.

Also: helmholtz where are you located?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:15 pm

avacado111 wrote:Also: helmholtz where are you located?


About 400 miles from Ithaca, give or take 100 miles or so.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Deferred. I literally cried when I got the letter. My boyfriend started pouring me a glass of wine immediately, looking quite alarmed.


Sorry to hear this Pearalegal.

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby killuminati » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Hey I'm the guy from CA and yes, I went complete on the 24th. Being deferred is not as bad as being flat out rejected, but it still hurts like hell.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:03 pm

killuminati wrote:Hey I'm the guy from CA and yes, I went complete on the 24th. Being deferred is not as bad as being flat out rejected, but it still hurts like hell.


You said you know of somebody who got an acceptance?

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby killuminati » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
killuminati wrote:Hey I'm the guy from CA and yes, I went complete on the 24th. Being deferred is not as bad as being flat out rejected, but it still hurts like hell.


You said you know of somebody who got an acceptance?


i think so, she said she got something in the mail from Cornell but wouldn't tell me or my friends the result. I'm assuming she was accepted, she scored a 174 on her LSAT's. I don't want to keep bothering her about it, or else she may become agitated...(-_-')

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:05 pm

killuminati wrote:Hey I'm the guy from CA and yes, I went complete on the 24th. Being deferred is not as bad as being flat out rejected, but it still hurts like hell.


Forget it man, you don't know what was going through her mind. There's other girls out there that wish they were all over you. Keep your chin up, you'll get em in the end.

i think so, she said she got something in the mail from Cornell but wouldn't tell me or my friends the result. I'm assuming she was accepted, she scored a 174 on her LSAT's. I don't want to keep bothering her about it, or else she may become agitated...(-_-')


Why would she not tell you if she was accepted? Seems the other way around to me.

PS. Replace girls with schools.

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby killuminati » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:08 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
killuminati wrote:Hey I'm the guy from CA and yes, I went complete on the 24th. Being deferred is not as bad as being flat out rejected, but it still hurts like hell.


Forget it man, you don't know what was going through her mind. There's other girls out there that wish they were all over you. Keep your chin up, you'll get em in the end.

i think so, she said she got something in the mail from Cornell but wouldn't tell me or my friends the result. I'm assuming she was accepted, she scored a 174 on her LSAT's. I don't want to keep bothering her about it, or else she may become agitated...(-_-')


Why would she not tell you if she was accepted? Seems the other way around to me.


I hope not.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:11 pm

killuminati wrote:i think so, she said she got something in the mail from Cornell but wouldn't tell me or my friends the result. I'm assuming she was accepted, she scored a 174 on her LSAT's. I don't want to keep bothering her about it, or else she may become agitated...(-_-')


Somebody with a 175 was already deferred, I'm not saying it wasn't an acceptance she got, but I'm not going to bank on it.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:12 pm

So besides Everybodysuxbutme1, who I believe is just a giant flame, are there any confirmed acceptances for people thusfar or have they all been deferrals?

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby killuminati » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
killuminati wrote:i think so, she said she got something in the mail from Cornell but wouldn't tell me or my friends the result. I'm assuming she was accepted, she scored a 174 on her LSAT's. I don't want to keep bothering her about it, or else she may become agitated...(-_-')


Somebody with a 175 was already deferred, I'm not saying it wasn't an acceptance she got, but I'm not going to bank on it.


if you look on my lsn profile, you will see that I was very naive and ignorant of my chances for a T14 school. I didn't know that scoring in the 95th percentile was an average score, and now I'm starting to think she might have been deferred. But I have hope! maybe she is just trying to spare our feelings (my roommates and I).

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:14 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:So besides Everybodysuxbutme1, who I believe is just a giant flame, are there any confirmed acceptances for people thusfar or have they all been deferrals?


I've been following this thread for the day and it appears that there have been no confirmed acceptances, no.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:19 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:So besides Everybodysuxbutme1, who I believe is just a giant flame, are there any confirmed acceptances for people thusfar or have they all been deferrals?


I've been following this thread for the day and it appears that there have been no confirmed acceptances, no.


Hrm. Those are pretty high numbers they are deferring though, weird. Apparently he deleted all the other hateful wall posts on his LSN profile and only mine is there now.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby krispykitten » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 pm

.
Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:21 pm

krispykitten wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:So besides Everybodysuxbutme1, who I believe is just a giant flame, are there any confirmed acceptances for people thusfar or have they all been deferrals?


I've been following this thread for the day and it appears that there have been no confirmed acceptances, no.


+1-- besides our communal bfflame, the only other report on lsn is someone who claims to have been waitlisted... probably just a deferral.


The WL on the graph is a remnant of last cycle, the person is reapplying.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby krispykitten » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:22 pm

.
Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:30 pm

until some info comes....
back to stalking lsn and tls....

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:32 pm

Also the Every1suxbutme got accepted into Austin Tx ed. Doesn't that mean he should have withdrawn to all of his schools? GIANT STOOPID FLAME. lol.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:32 pm

avacado111 wrote:Also the Every1suxbutme got accepted into Austin Tx ed. Doesn't that mean he should have withdrawn to all of his schools? GIANT STOOPID FLAME. lol.


I'm also not sure how he managed to get WL from Virginia ED and still got accepted to Texas ED, is this even physically possible?

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:33 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
avacado111 wrote:Also the Every1suxbutme got accepted into Austin Tx ed. Doesn't that mean he should have withdrawn to all of his schools? GIANT STOOPID FLAME. lol.


I'm also not sure how he managed to get WL from Virginia ED and still got accepted to Texas ED, is this even physically possible?


UVA lets you know in a week. So he could have double EDed. I think. But it's still fishy either way. Or he's doing something wrong if he did get into tx.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Texas is EA, he wrote it incorrectly.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”