Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MC Southstar

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:30 pm

From the looks of LSN for EA applicants last year:

http://cornell.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... =2&type=jd

Those kinds of numbers shouldn't be getting stomped on though.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:52 pm

got the mail, nothing in it.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Veritas wrote:got the mail, nothing in it.

what do you mean nothing is in it? They spent you an envelope with nothing in it?

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:05 pm

finalaspects wrote:

what do you mean nothing is in it? They spent you an envelope with nothing in it?

:roll:

Really?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:05 pm

finalaspects wrote:

:) That is a pretty abstract way to say "decision deferred".

I think Veritas meant that he got today's mail, and nothing from Cornell was in his mailbox.

Edit: Me words no good.
Last edited by CyLaw on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:06 pm

CyLaw wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

:) That is a pretty abstract why to say "decision deferred".

I think Veritas meant that he got today's mail, and nothing from Cornell was in his mailbox.

Nerves must be getting to us, we are in typo hell...

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Helmholtz wrote:11/24 decision, nothing in the mail today. Very good numbers for Cornell ("admit" on LSP).

you think there is a realistic chance you'll get yp pwned?

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:15 pm

talibkweli wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:11/24 decision, nothing in the mail today. Very good numbers for Cornell ("admit" on LSP).

Cornell doesn't seem to YP that aggressively, but his numbers are way high for Cornell, if I was adcomm I wouldn't expect him to attend.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:25 pm

finalaspects wrote:

I apologize:

I ran to the mail box in the middle of a down pour. Forgetting it was locked, I fumbled with my keys, desperately feeling for the small, gold key that opens my pandora's box. Everyday I ruffle through the catalogs and coupons yearning to leave some hope for tomorrow in that little black box. Today was no different. Cornell. I was expecting a letter yet I was torn. Receiving it meant the likely end of a journey - deferred into the oblivion of high LSATs and GPAs they would rather have. Nothing, meant hope, hope for something positive the next day.

The key fit and I twisted the lock open. Yanking down the little door I peered in, reluctantly. The rain pelted against my face, I didn't have time to decipher envelope sizes right there. I grab the bundle of papers and bolted inside. A quick glance yielded nothing. After a thorough rifling, to my dismay and glee, my Cornell decision remains unknown. Tomorrow: another day, just hanging in with a little bit of hope.

Clearer?

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I apologize:

I ran to the mail box in the middle of a down pour. Forgetting it was locked, I fumbled with my keys, desperately feeling for the small, gold key that opens my pandora's box. Everyday I ruffle through the catalogs and coupons yearning to leave some hope for tomorrow in that little black box. Today was no different. Cornell. I was expecting a letter yet I was torn. Receiving it meant the likely end of a journey - deferred into the oblivion of high LSATs and GPAs they would rather have. Nothing, meant hope, hope for something positive the next day.

The key fit and I twisted the lock open. Yanking down the little door I peered in, reluctantly. The rain pelted against my face, I didn't have time to decipher envelope sizes right there. I grab the bundle of papers and bolted inside. A quick glance yielded nothing. After a thorough rifling, to my dismay and glee, my Cornell decision remains unknown. Tomorrow: another day, just hanging in with a little bit of hope.

Clearer?

I was touched. GL man.

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:29 pm

cougarlive wrote:What's the latest EA Complete date someone has that got a decision?

I'm curious as well. I applied EA 10/26, went EA complete 11/11, and I'm still EA complete. I'm assuming that I'll just be in the second batch of decisions, as I'm expecting a deferral/eventual waitlist.

forza

Postby forza » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:32 pm

Why would Cornell defer someone well above their 75's? YP?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:33 pm

forza wrote:Why would Cornell defer someone well above their 75's? YP?

did you get anything?

forza

Postby forza » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Veritas wrote:

did you get anything?

No. But I'm now convinced that when I do, it'll be a deferral. :P

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:46 pm

forza wrote:
Veritas wrote:

did you get anything?

No. But I'm now convinced that when I do, it'll be a deferral. :P

me too :?

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I apologize:

Clearer?

B/B+

The details are concrete enough to sketch an adequate picture, but I wanted a fuller portrait of the character's anxious, and dare I say, fragmented psyche. (I do appreciate the ambivalence contained by the descriptor "dismay and glee", but this seems contrived to sidestep the word "anxiety".) Overall, a solid effort.

(Adjusted grade at Yale/Harvard: A/A-)

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I apologize:

Clearer?

I don't think it's rained in San Diego since the 1990s.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm

talibkweli wrote:

No, not really, at least when I look at Cornell's LSN graph, it doesn't look that way. I'm at least four points above their 75th LSAT, but a tad below their 25th GPA, according to their website. Cornell was definitely a safety. Who knows how MVP is going to go this year, Duke loves GPA and CCN are far from a given. I can really see a scenario where Cornell is the best school I get into and I would be really happy to go. YP would suck big time.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:54 pm

crackberry wrote:
Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I apologize:

Clearer?

I don't think it's rained in San Diego since the 1990s.

It's been wonderful! Rain makes my job 1000x easier :D

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I apologize:

Clearer?

B/B+

The details are concrete enough to sketch an adequate picture, but I wanted a fuller portrait of the character's anxious, and dare I say, fragmented psyche. (I do appreciate the ambivalence contained by the descriptor "dismay and glee", but this seems contrived to sidestep the word "anxiety".) Overall, a solid effort.

:| I'll try harder next time?

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Veritas wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:
Veritas wrote:I apologize:

Clearer?

B/B+

:| I'll try harder next time?

Oh, don't worry about it. You came to office hours. So, A+. :)

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:05 pm

:shock: :D

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:05 pm

So this person went to decision on 11/24. Find it very hard to believe he's not getting in:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/doubleT13/jd

Also, this lunatic apparently got in today and went to decision 11/24. This kid sucks so don't try contacting him, but I guess he's in:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Every1SuxButMe/jd

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:09 pm

man...the mail came guys...i got deferred...very nice letter and quote on the back of envelope...very classy but still hurts.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:11 pm

killuminati wrote:man...the mail came guys...i got deferred...very nice letter and quote on the back of envelope...very classy but still hurts.

when did you go EA complete?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”