Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mattalones

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Mattalones » Wed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Wed May 12, 2010 9:15 pm

I wish they would request an interview with me! I rock at interviews, and I want to go to Cornell with all my heart!!!! Too bad its not that simple.
Anyone know when they will start reviewing the reserve apps?

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Thu May 13, 2010 11:03 am

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Fri May 14, 2010 1:48 am

Mattalones wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:I wish they would request an interview with me! I rock at interviews, and I want to go to Cornell with all my heart!!!! Too bad its not that simple.
Anyone know when they will start reviewing the reserve apps?

The lady told me that it will happen in mid-june (start, that is). They have to get through the people who are going to still flame out after paying the second deposit.

Sounds good :)

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Fri May 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Anyone else having trouble getting through to the admissions office? I keep calling to try to change my contact info but I can't get through (goes to voicemail every time). I'll probably just send them an email, but I also want to beg for a status update (still "complete 4/12").

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Fri May 14, 2010 2:04 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting through to the admissions office? I keep calling to try to change my contact info but I can't get through (goes to voicemail every time). I'll probably just send them an email, but I also want to beg for a status update (still "complete 4/12").

I can't speak to your main concern, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one still waiting on an initial decision.

I went complete on 04/19 (due to a paperwork snafu with my university) , so please let me know when you get a decision, so I'll know that I might get one soon after. :)

jman77

Postby jman77 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 am

got the ding letter yesterday. That officially wraps up my cycle.

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Tue May 18, 2010 1:13 am

Looking at LSN, they haven't sent out an acceptance in weeks. I wish I knew if they were still filling seats or just sending out WL and Dings.

GermX

Postby GermX » Wed May 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Still on reserve here. Not hoping for much really.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Thu May 20, 2010 4:10 am

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Mattalones wrote:Got reserved today after attending their graduation, which is kind of sad. I'll wait it out and see, though. O well. Until then ... BU, here I come! :-)

Aw, I really thought they were stringing you along (interview, etc) because they planned to let you in. It does sounds like the class is full. I wonder what that means for the summer waitlist. Good luck!

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Thu May 20, 2010 1:16 pm

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Mattalones wrote:
jks289 wrote:
Mattalones wrote:Got reserved today after attending their graduation, which is kind of sad. I'll wait it out and see, though. O well. Until then ... BU, here I come! :-)

Aw, I really thought they were stringing you along (interview, etc) because they planned to let you in. It does sounds like the class is full. I wonder what that means for the summer waitlist. Good luck!

I did too! :-( O well. During the interview, she did recommend that I do a waitlist interview b/c I seems good at them (judging from the phone convo) and it would help A LOT. She also said that she doesn't make the same recommendation very often. So, I'll take her advice. Either way, BU still kicks ass :-)

That sounds encouraging. BU is an awesome "back up plan" so you shouldn't worry. Did you tell you a time line for forming the summer waitlist?

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Thu May 20, 2010 1:58 pm

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Mattalones wrote:
jks289 wrote:That sounds encouraging. BU is an awesome "back up plan" so you shouldn't worry. Did you tell you a time line for forming the summer waitlist?

She said that they would start re-reviewing reserves who wrote to express continued interest in mid-June. From there, they either deny, accept, or WL us. If they WL, then we can request an interview. I won't expect that until mid to lat July if at all; maybe even clase to the fall start dates. What is your status with Cornell, and where are you planing to go in the fall?

I'm on reserve. Wrote to reaffirm interest. Would still go if admitted, but have largely given up any hope. I'm in at WUSTL with $$ so I'm happy with my current options. Waiting on numerous waitlist, each one more unlikely than the last.

Bobushka22

Postby Bobushka22 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Snipet of an e-mail response from admissions I received today. Hope this helps!

The re-review process of the reserve applicant pool has begun, so you will have an updated decision soon.

Best wishes,

Connie M.... (I just cut out the rest)

Dallas4thewin

Postby Dallas4thewin » Thu May 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Bobushka22 wrote:Snipet of an e-mail response from admissions I received today. Hope this helps!

The re-review process of the reserve applicant pool has begun, so you will have an updated decision soon.

Best wishes,

this was a solicited response right?

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Thu May 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Bobushka22 wrote:Snipet of an e-mail response from admissions I received today. Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

I wonder why they're looking at the reserve applicants when some of us STILL don't have a regular decision.

:cry:

Don't take my seat, please.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Thu May 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dallas4thewin

Postby Dallas4thewin » Thu May 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Mattalones wrote:This is interesting. For those of you sticking out the reserve, are you doing the request to stay on the list separate from a LOCI or are you sending them together? I kind of want to space them out a little bit, but am not sure if there is a good reason to send them together instead. It might not matter that much, but I thought I'd ask to see what others did just in case.

I took the letter to mean if we do not get a LOCI from you, you will be removed from the list. Nonetheless, I send my LOCI in, and heard back the next day, stating they would update my file and keep my application active on the reserve list. LOL so basically I just sent a LOCI stating i wanted to stay on the list.

jackwhiteiii

Postby jackwhiteiii » Thu May 20, 2010 4:29 pm

I sent an e-mail asking them to please allow me to stay on the list, and also sent in a LOCI / A Cornell-specific LOR from a Congresswoman, which I am super iffy about. Although she knows my work very well I can't help but shake the feeling that I may look like a desperate kid who asked his father to call in a favor, bahhh.

Do you all think I should send in updated grades? I got an A, a B+, and 2 Passes in P/F classes. The B+ isn't too impressive, and the pass/fails were in very difficult classes. I didn't think I'd ever be waiting this long to know where I was going so I didn't think P/F would be an issue :!: .

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:19 pm

I just sent LOCI, at one point, I sent an early draft with tons of typos by clicking sent instead of save draft. I quickly send them the corrected email and asked in the title of the message to delete the previous message. Oh well...

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Mattalones wrote:She said that they would start re-reviewing reserves who wrote to express continued interest in mid-June. From there, they either deny, accept, or WL us. If they WL, then we can request an interview. I won't expect that until mid to lat July if at all; maybe even clase to the fall start dates. What is your status with Cornell, and where are you planing to go in the fall?

This disturbs me... Is this saying the ones who sent in ANOTHER LOCI (in addition to the one sent with the waitlist) will be reviewed? How many has everyone sent after being waitlisted?

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Thu May 20, 2010 10:56 pm

I just sent in a quick email telling them I'd like to be considered further. They don't want to be inundated with stuff. That was made more or less clear as the cycle continued on. Also, I don't see how "spacing out" your LOCIs will gain you any strategic advantage. The only updates I can see helping us out are things like improved grades, a new letter of rec, etc. They know you want to go to Cornell Law.

hoyas2010

Postby hoyas2010 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Has anyone who applied not heard back yet from their original decision? I applied extremely late and have yet to hear anything.

Also, does anyone know how Cornell views multiple LSAT scores? I went from a 162 to a 168 but did not send an addendum, so I am curious as to how they will weigh the scores. Thanks.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”