Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AdamatUCF

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby AdamatUCF » Tue May 04, 2010 9:21 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:I applied Jan 30 and went complete April 12th. Anybody care to venture a guess as to when I'll get a decision? I'm getting a wee bit ansy! :wink:

I applied Jun 31, went complete Apr 19 (due to a snafu with my undergrad institution).

If you haven't heard yet, I assume I can stop refreshing the status page. :(

OneSixtySix

Postby OneSixtySix » Tue May 04, 2010 9:52 pm

I went complete in mid-march with a 166/3.8, would it be favorable to my case to send an email or make a phone call expressing my continued interest - or should I just continue to wait it out?

I plan to send an LOCI and visit if I am waitlisted, but wasnt sure if anybody took any action prior to decision.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Tue May 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 pm

OneSixtySix wrote:I went complete in mid-march with a 166/3.8, would it be favorable to my case to send an email or make a phone call expressing my continued interest - or should I just continue to wait it out?

I plan to send an LOCI and visit if I am waitlisted, but wasnt sure if anybody took any action prior to decision.

FWIW, I was 168/3.85, complete 3/17 (app received mid-December) and was admitted last week without writing a LOCI or anything. I put in one phone call in early February asking if they had my application, and another about a week before I was admitted asking if I should still be holding by the "8-12 weeks from receiving your application" thing. These were two-sentence conversations, max-- not a "showing interest" thing.

ziggystardust23

Postby ziggystardust23 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:05 pm

OneSixtySix wrote:I went complete in mid-march with a 166/3.8, would it be favorable to my case to send an email or make a phone call expressing my continued interest - or should I just continue to wait it out?

I'm wondering the same thing, complete end of march, 167/3.4, so I need all the help I can get! Would a LOCI be somewhat obnoxious before they even make a decision?

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Thu May 06, 2010 7:17 am

Just got my reserve letter. It's rather cryptic. When do they start looking at Reserves again? Is it like a 'hold' or more like a 'waitlist'? I'm sure someone has answered these questions somewhere in this thread, I'm just too demoralized at the moment to trek through hundreds of posts. :?

sparky13

Postby sparky13 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:53 am

ToriM wrote:Just got my reserve letter. It's rather cryptic. When do they start looking at Reserves again? Is it like a 'hold' or more like a 'waitlist'? I'm sure someone has answered these questions somewhere in this thread, I'm just too demoralized at the moment to trek through hundreds of posts. :?

All that information is in the letter. Cornell looks at applicants one more time in mid-May: at that point, they will either accept, deny, or waitlist you. So it is more like a temporary hold, I suppose.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Thu May 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Thu May 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Since it seems we're all getting put on reserve, I suspect it will still take unbearable amounts of time to get decisions, once they get to the reserve pile. Ugh, this is never-ending!

pollaclc

Postby pollaclc » Thu May 06, 2010 1:53 pm

ziggystardust23 wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing, complete end of march, 167/3.4, so I need all the help I can get! Would a LOCI be somewhat obnoxious before they even make a decision?

bump

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Thu May 06, 2010 3:28 pm

I wonder if large piles of cash, jewels, and exotic spices, and perhaps promises of temples being built in their honor would convince Cornell to make a decision (preferably ADMIT) about me sooooon.

The suspense is killing me. I wonder how many, if any, spots they have left open in their class. :(

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Thu May 06, 2010 7:13 pm

pollaclc wrote:
ziggystardust23 wrote:

bump

I chose to send a LOCI before my decision. Unfortunately, my letter was received the same day they made a decision on my file. There's not a good chance they even read it. So, if you plan to send a LOCI, I would suggest you send it as soon as possible.

Edit: I was placed on reserve, in case anyone was wondering.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Fri May 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Thomas Jefferson

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Fri May 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Mattalones wrote:Hey, can anyone who has had an interview chime in on this please?

I am curious why they interview some people and not others. Did they explain this when you spoke?

IIRC, everyone that has been interviewed, as far as we know, has been extended an offer following the interview. Therefore, I would guess that's it's used to get a feel for applicants they want to admit but are thinking about YPing. Just a guess though.

Thomas Jefferson

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Fri May 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
Mattalones wrote:Hey, can anyone who has had an interview chime in on this please?

I am curious why they interview some people and not others. Did they explain this when you spoke?

IIRC, everyone that has been interviewed, as far as we know, has been extended an offer following the interview. Therefore, I would guess that's it's used to get a feel for applicants they want to admit but are thinking about YPing. Just a guess though.

<--- no offer; but I did withdraw

I stand corrected then.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Fri May 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Mon May 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Decision rendered 5/6 --- I know I can call and get an answer, but I've been ignoring this thread more often than not. Is there any way I can check if I'm in without calling? What about scholarship info?

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Mon May 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Shlonster wrote:Decision rendered 5/6 --- I know I can call and get an answer, but I've been ignoring this thread more often than not. Is there any way I can check if I'm in without calling? What about scholarship info?

You should see links to the admitted students page if you're in. If there's no links, it could be a reserve, denial, or an interview. Although, I don't think I've heard about ppl getting interviews lately.

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon May 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Shlonster wrote:Decision rendered 5/6 --- I know I can call and get an answer, but I've been ignoring this thread more often than not. Is there any way I can check if I'm in without calling? What about scholarship info?

When were you "complete" ?

askhos

Postby askhos » Mon May 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Went on reserve on 5/4. Dammit, I really want to go there.

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Mon May 10, 2010 2:19 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:

When were you "complete" ?

Went complete 3/18, submitted 1/6 or so. Took forever.

edit: on reserve. will be withdrawing.

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon May 10, 2010 2:29 pm

When was the last date someone actually got accepted? In the past week or three, we've seen batches of reserve, but I wonder if they're actually still admitting people or if they've filled their seats and everyone is just going into reserve/deny piles until the next seat deposit passes.

I'm so nervous.

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Wed May 12, 2010 12:36 pm

So, quiet two days, I take it? Anyone else still waiting like I am?

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Wed May 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Wed May 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Mattalones wrote:I am waiting to hear back on a phone interview with my fingers crossed. :D

Did they request an interview recently, or did you?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”