Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GTLAWSCHOOL

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Mon May 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Just called 4/28---reserve. The nice lady also told me it is not a waitlist, and more like a hold.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Nightrunner wrote:If Cornell admissions folk lurk this thread, I take some solace knowing that as much as they might hate me, they hate GermX more.

It's worth it to be a TLS folk hero.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Mon May 03, 2010 3:52 pm

4/28 Reserve. Better than a ding!

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon May 03, 2010 3:54 pm

NervousInKC wrote:4/28 Reserve. Better than a ding!

Did the status update today with a date of 04/28, or had you not checked since 04/28?

I'm trying to figure out if I should keep refreshing.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Mon May 03, 2010 3:58 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:4/28 Reserve. Better than a ding!

Did the status update today with a date of 04/28, or had you not checked since 04/28?

I'm trying to figure out if I should keep refreshing.

My status actually changed on 5/1. They update them shortly after the decision is made. I received the letter in the mail today.

hoyas2010

Postby hoyas2010 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:03 pm

Any of the 4/28 reserves mind sharing their numbers?

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 pm

hoyas2010 wrote:Any of the 4/28 reserves mind sharing their numbers?
4/27 reservist here 175,2.98

I declare myself not quite good enough for T14

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Mon May 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Declined admission today-- I'm off to Northwestern. Best of luck! I hope one of you gets my spot!

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon May 03, 2010 10:38 pm

MusicNutMeggie wrote:Declined admission today-- I'm off to Northwestern. Best of luck! I hope one of you gets my spot!

Sorry to hear about Cornell, but congrats on NW!

With a bunch of reserves yesterday, and now you declined today, I wonder if we might see some acceptances tomorrow?

sparky13

Postby sparky13 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:41 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:
MusicNutMeggie wrote:Declined admission today-- I'm off to Northwestern. Best of luck! I hope one of you gets my spot!

With a bunch of reserves yesterday, and now you declined today, I wonder if we might see some acceptances tomorrow?

I do believe he meant that he declined their offer of admission today: he was, in fact, accepted to Cornell.

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon May 03, 2010 11:46 pm

sparky13 wrote:
AdamatUCF wrote:

I do believe he meant that he declined their offer of admission today: he was, in fact, accepted to Cornell.

In retrospect, I'm retarded. Whoops. :(

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Mon May 03, 2010 11:49 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:
sparky13 wrote:
AdamatUCF wrote:

Haha-- it's fine...but please don't use the "r word". Speaking as someone who's worked with mentally handicapped kids, it's really offensive.

Btw, why does everybody think I'm a guy? My name's MusicNutMEGGIE and I have Rachel Maddow as my avatar. Weird... :-)

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Tue May 04, 2010 12:36 am

MusicNutMeggie wrote:Btw, why does everybody think I'm a guy? My name's MusicNutMEGGIE and I have Rachel Maddow as my avatar. Weird... :-)

There's a poster named imisscollege who everybody assumed was a girl (I'm guessing because of the "miss").

madcherrylimas

Postby madcherrylimas » Tue May 04, 2010 12:53 am

I'm on reserve too. 3.4, 170.

Applied in January and wait-listed at nine schools..: UCLA, Northwestern, Cornell, GULC, Columbia, USC, Duke, Michigan, and Penn. Wondering what to do..

sparky13

Postby sparky13 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:48 am

MusicNutMeggie wrote:
AdamatUCF wrote:
sparky13 wrote:I do believe he meant that he declined their offer of admission today: he was, in fact, accepted to Cornell.

Haha-- it's fine...but please don't use the "r word". Speaking as someone who's worked with mentally handicapped kids, it's really offensive.

Btw, why does everybody think I'm a guy? My name's MusicNutMEGGIE and I have Rachel Maddow as my avatar. Weird... :-)

The picture of your avatar is so small that it is impossible to distinguish gender...I think almost everyone would, at first glance, automatically assume that it is a guy unless they were familiar with the picture.

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Tue May 04, 2010 11:26 am

sparky13 wrote:
MusicNutMeggie wrote:
AdamatUCF wrote:
sparky13 wrote:I do believe he meant that he declined their offer of admission today: he was, in fact, accepted to Cornell.

The picture of your avatar is so small that it is impossible to distinguish gender...I think almost everyone would, at first glance, automatically assume that it is a guy unless they were familiar with the picture.

Fair enough-- I didn't realize how tiny it was! Still, it's the "Meggie" part of my name that I thought would be the dead giveaway. Just thought it was funny.

GermX

Postby GermX » Tue May 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Oooh so the reserve is a hold, sounds cool. I'll send in the shit today and see how it goes. Let's hope I get off. Although I love GW, an acceptance from Cornell would be quite sweet, quite sweet indeed. Don't phail me Cornellia!!!

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Nightrunner wrote:I should note - in fairness - that Cornell admissions was remarkably civil in their reply to my withdrawal email.

LOL. What did they say?

FWIW, I don't think your e-mail was that bad...anyone with a sense of humor probably wouldn't take much offense to it.

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Tue May 04, 2010 4:45 pm

I applied Jan 30 and went complete April 12th. Anybody care to venture a guess as to when I'll get a decision? I'm getting a wee bit ansy! :wink:

NeXP

Postby NeXP » Tue May 04, 2010 4:48 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:I applied Jan 30 and went complete April 12th. Anybody care to venture a guess as to when I'll get a decision? I'm getting a wee bit ansy! :wink:

It seems 4-6 weeks after completion is a good target.

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Tue May 04, 2010 4:49 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:I applied Jan 30 and went complete April 12th. Anybody care to venture a guess as to when I'll get a decision? I'm getting a wee bit ansy! :wink:

I applied in mid-December, went complete March 17, and got admitted a week ago, if that helps you at all. Luck!

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Tue May 04, 2010 5:41 pm

MusicNutMeggie wrote:

I applied in mid-December, went complete March 17, and got admitted a week ago, if that helps you at all. Luck!

Oh boo. I wanted you to come to Cornell you sounded fun! :?

crepesme

Postby crepesme » Tue May 04, 2010 6:13 pm

I was notified to be complete on Mar 18th. But today they sent me an email said some documents are missing and requested me to send it. Does that mean they haven't even looked at my files since Mar 18th? :|

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm

NeXP wrote:

It seems 4-6 weeks after completion is a good target.

Thanks! Hopefully it's on the low side of that, which would mean a decision next week... a guy can dream...

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Tue May 04, 2010 6:26 pm

woeisme wrote:
MusicNutMeggie wrote:

Oh boo. I wanted you to come to Cornell you sounded fun! :?

Well, if you make it out to Chicago, let me know, and you can experience my funness there!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”