Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 pm

askhos wrote:Just from skimming this GW v. Cornell conversation, it sounds like GW is the better option because it requires less moving around and can still do well in the DC market compared to Cornell.

/topic

lol. Unless the OP wouldn't mind living/working in NYC, then consider going to Cornell.

askhos

Postby askhos » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
askhos wrote:Just from skimming this GW v. Cornell conversation, it sounds like GW is the better option because it requires less moving around and can still do well in the DC market compared to Cornell.

/topic

lol. Unless the OP wouldn't mind living/working in NYC, then consider going to Cornell.

But the OP already turned down Fordham, which would have done well in NYC too. I thought he/she wants to work in the government again?

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Jericwithers wrote:http://www.nalpdirectory.com A great source of information and a great tool in deciding on law schools.

That's weird. I know for a fact (first-hand knowledge) that a couple of those DC firms actually didn't come to Cornell and that there are tons of them that did that aren't listed. Hm...

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:05 pm

woeisme wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:http://www.nalpdirectory.com A great source of information and a great tool in deciding on law schools.

That's weird. I know for a fact (first-hand knowledge) that a couple of those DC firms actually didn't come to Cornell and that there are tons of them that did that aren't listed. Hm...

Last year's data perhaps? You are talking about the fall 2009 OCI?

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Rawlsian, PM me if you can/want. I think I can share some info with you that I'd rather not just display on the public board. I also don't have time to write it now so your PMing me will serve as a reminder.

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
woeisme wrote:

Yeah, I'm talking about fall 2009.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:11 pm

woeisme wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
woeisme wrote:

Yeah, I'm talking about fall 2009.

Hrmm well I don't know what to think, the banner on the website tells me it is the most trusted legal career resource! :lol:

I am sure that although it is not an exhaustive source it is still the best indicator for the types and number of firms that normally/historically conduct OCI at particular schools

NeXP

Postby NeXP » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 am

askhos wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

/topic

But the OP already turned down Fordham, which would have done well in NYC too. I thought he/she wants to work in the government again?

OP returns!

I do, but I'd like to keep my options as open as possible. I felt GW would provide the best access to government and DC biglaw, with some access to NYC, while Fordham would have almost no access to DC. I'd like to have the opportunity for an Article III clerkship, DOJ Honors looks like something I'd like to pursue. Law's a big field, and I'd like a range of career choices, but the personal happiness factor can't be entirely discounted. Some people say "It's only 3 years," and others say "It's 3 years of your life!" I had a chat with the #2 in the office, a Harvard man, and he said all things being equal he'd probably choose Cornell, but it's not enough of a no-brainer to outweigh personal issues, and certainly not worth paying significantly more for (not that that applies to me.

GermX

Postby GermX » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 pm

It is incredibly frustrating that cornell hasn't given me an answer yet. I've lost seat deposits among other things and its annoying the shit out of me right now. I can't even make a finalized decision on GW because the possibility of Cornell still exists. Come on Cornellia, you fuck faced shit mongers!

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 pm

GermX wrote:It is incredibly frustrating that cornell hasn't given me an answer yet. I've lost seat deposits among other things and its annoying the shit out of me right now. I can't even make a finalized decision on GW because the possibility of Cornell still exists. Come on Cornellia, you fuck faced shit mongers!

damn when did you apply?

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:43 pm

GermX wrote:It is incredibly frustrating that cornell hasn't given me an answer yet. I've lost seat deposits among other things and its annoying the shit out of me right now. I can't even make a finalized decision on GW because the possibility of Cornell still exists. Come on Cornellia, you fuck faced shit mongers!

GermX and NexP are too similar. I'm confused. :lol:

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:10 pm

I hope the adcoms are able to figure out who you are. You'll be the first one to get a personalized rejection letter.

NeXP

Postby NeXP » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:16 pm

woeisme wrote:

GermX and NexP are too similar. I'm confused. :lol:

Here's a helpful hint: I'm not the one still waiting to hear from Big Red!

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:26 pm

NeXP wrote:

Are you GermX?

NeXP

Postby NeXP » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:39 pm

woeisme wrote:
NeXP wrote:

Are you GermX?

Unless this question is more metaphysical than I think it is, no. I am not GermX. He seems to be a tad more...expressive.

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 pm

NeXP wrote:
Unless this question is more metaphysical than I think it is, no. I am not GermX. He seems to be a tad more...expressive.

Next question: Are you coming here? :D

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:33 am

Status checker updated to decision as of 4-26. No link.

Waving goodbye to yall/headed to Fordham.

GermX

Postby GermX » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:56 am

Yeah still complete. Come on Cornellia you sick fuck faced shit mongering muff divers. Give me an answer!

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:13 am

GermX wrote:Yeah still complete. Come on Cornellia you sick fuck faced shit mongering muff divers. Give me an answer!

Sick fuck-faced, shit-mongering, muff-divers. Nice. I'll take that as a compliment.

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:24 am

NervousInKC wrote:I'm really frustrated. The admissions office got my LOCI, but was told that there is no guarantee the admissions committee will receive it before they make a decision. I guess I understand why they might not get it, but I'm just so anxious, nervous, and everything else. Did anyone else experience this? Do you know if the committee ever got your letter?

I got the same letter when I sent my LOCI. Then I got it again when I sent an additional LOR. It is a stock letter. They just cut and paste anytime they get some crap from us. They probably don't even read our stuff. I'll bet they have a big red circle around our GPA and LSAT scores and everything else is ignored. I applied in late Nov / early Dec. So it has been roughly six months.

NeXP

Postby NeXP » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 am

woeisme wrote:
NeXP wrote:

Next question: Are you coming here? :D

Probably, if only to re-visit your gorges town. As for matriculating, I'm still torn. :P

cyh

Postby cyh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:35 am

I'm so over Cornell :roll: and saying hi to my scholly at UMich

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:31 am

Nightrunner wrote:Dear Cornell,

You have until close-of-business on Friday. That is all.

NR

+180!

Do they send you anything cool if you get in?

afghan007

Postby afghan007 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 am

Joined the ranks of the Cornellian reserves today via phone. Prepared to do my duty.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 am

r6_philly wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:Dear Cornell,

You have until close-of-business on Friday. That is all.

NR

+180!

Do they send you anything cool if you get in?

A suicide hotline number.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”