Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
strokes788

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby strokes788 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:08 pm

Reserve. 172 , 3.6+, applied 12/15, withdrew. Hope that helps someone on reserve by making the list one person smaller

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:03 am

strokes788 wrote:Reserve. 172 , 3.6+, applied 12/15, withdrew. Hope that helps someone on reserve by making the list one person smaller

I'm surprised you held out this long, with Duke, Northwestern, and GULC acceptances in hand.

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:49 am

im_blue wrote:I'm surprised you held out this long, with Duke, Northwestern, and GULC acceptances in hand.

I'm not. Totally different schools with different feels. For me I'd say Northwestern > Cornell > Duke > GULC (in terms of preference order).

sparky13

Postby sparky13 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Any thoughts on the chances of financial assistance if we get off the reserve list?

jrobby6

Postby jrobby6 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:22 pm

sparky13 wrote:Any thoughts on the chances of financial assistance if we get off the reserve list?

I think your asking for too much.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:12 pm

woeisme wrote:
im_blue wrote:I'm surprised you held out this long, with Duke, Northwestern, and GULC acceptances in hand.

I'm not. Totally different schools with different feels. For me I'd say Northwestern > Cornell > Duke > GULC (in terms of preference order).

Sure, but even the most arduous Cornell supporter, such as yourself, would not take Cornell over all 3 of DNG.

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:56 pm

im_blue wrote:
woeisme wrote:

Sure, but even the most arduous Cornell supporter, such as yourself, would not take Cornell over all 3 of DNG.

Well yeah I don't think I would, but that doesn't mean that people don't. They do. I personally know at least a handful of them.

etlien

Postby etlien » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 am

jks289 wrote:
autarkh wrote:I'll probably wait.

I know its torture, but I'm really on the margins, and if the outcome isn't what I want, I need to have something tangible in my hands to vent my frustration.

Ha, you have SO much more patience than I do. If you have admitted student links, congrats you're in! Otherwise, it may be less than awesome news. (I think all recent admits have the links, correct?)

Just went to decision with admitted student links...they wouldn't be so cruel as to include them if i was rejected right?

I kinda want to call and ask, but it seems kinda toolish to say 'I know you told me to wait, but I called anyways...'.

cyh

Postby cyh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:04 am

etlien wrote:
jks289 wrote:

I know its torture, but I'm really on the margins, and if the outcome isn't what I want, I need to have something tangible in my hands to vent my frustration.

Ha, you have SO much more patience than I do. If you have admitted student links, congrats you're in! Otherwise, it may be less than awesome news. (I think all recent admits have the links, correct?)

Just went to decision with admitted student links...they wouldn't be so cruel as to include them if i was rejected right?

I kinda want to call and ask, but it seems kinda toolish to say 'I know you told me to wait, but I called anyways...'.

if you have the link, you're in! congrats!

when did you apply/go complete?

etlien

Postby etlien » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 am

cyh wrote:
etlien wrote:
jks289 wrote:

if you have the link, you're in! congrats!

when did you apply/go complete?

Thanks. I am quite surprised to get in considering my stats and the competition this year. I applied early Jan. and went complete mid March.

Can anyone tell me if they Fedex/DHL/TNT the acceptance package? I live on the other side of the world and waiting 2 weeks to get confirmation would potentially drive me crazy.

Mosca

Postby Mosca » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am

etlien wrote:
Thanks. I am quite surprised to get in considering my stats and the competition this year. I applied early Jan. and went complete mid March.

Can anyone tell me if they Fedex/DHL/TNT the acceptance package? I live on the other side of the world and waiting 2 weeks to get confirmation would potentially drive me crazy.

Congratulations, you're accepted! I called on Thursday to ask about the status of my application and they told me to call when my status checker changed and they would be happy to give me the decision over the phone. You should definitely call, they would love to give you the good news.

etlien

Postby etlien » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:20 am

Mosca wrote:
etlien wrote:

Congratulations, you're accepted! I called on Thursday to ask about the status of my application and they told me to call when my status checker changed and they would be happy to give me the decision over the phone. You should definitely call, they would love to give you the good news.

I called and they confirmed I got in. I have to say I am kinda surprised since my numbers aren't all that spectacular. Practically everyone numbers close to mine have been either rejected or WL.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

cyh

Postby cyh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:30 am

etlien wrote:
Mosca wrote:
etlien wrote:

I called and they confirmed I got in. I have to say I am kinda surprised since my numbers aren't all that spectacular. Practically everyone numbers close to mine have been either rejected or WL.

congrats!!

something about you was special :wink: (more than just a #)

LawQs

Postby LawQs » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:12 am

They are super nice about givng you your decision over the phone :)

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:43 am

etlien wrote:
Mosca wrote:
etlien wrote:

That's good to know that people with marginal numbers still have a chance at getting in. My GPA sucks, but my LSAT is fine and I have pretty good softs (graduate degree, great WE, good extracurriculars). Usually Cornell doesn't consider splitters unless they are at least 170+, but I applied nonetheless. Still, I give myself less than a 10% chance of getting in.

Mind sharing your numbers?

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:05 am

My status checker changed this morning, so I called the office. The woman asked if I was sitting down, then told me I'd been admitted. The links to ASD RSVP and Admitted Student discussion site were on the page, but I was still convinced that I wouldn't have gotten in...thank goodness! Now I don't have to choose between UT and UCLA! Good luck to all the rest of you! :-)

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:24 am

Decision this morning too with links! So nervous...will probably call later. Complete 2/15. 168 3.6x

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:25 am

^^ when do admitted ppl get the email? i haven't gotten the email.

cyh

Postby cyh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:40 am

MusicNutMeggie wrote:My status checker changed this morning, so I called the office. The woman asked if I was sitting down, then told me I'd been admitted. The links to ASD RSVP and Admitted Student discussion site were on the page, but I was still convinced that I wouldn't have gotten in...thank goodness! Now I don't have to choose between UT and UCLA! Good luck to all the rest of you! :-)

Congrats! When did you go complete?

pollaclc

Postby pollaclc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:47 am

i whimper every time i log into that status checker.

itsirtou

Postby itsirtou » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:58 am

I guess I'm in! I checked the status checker this morning and it said decision with the admitted students links beneath it. :)

I don't think this changes my mind about UVa but it's still awesome nonetheless! I got accepted so late and my numbers aren't really THAT spectacular so I doubt I'm getting a scholarship, but it'd be nice to know before I put down my deposit on UVa anyways. Does anyone know how long it took them to get their package? The decision was made on 4/23...any chance of getting it before the 30th?

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 pm

cyh wrote:
MusicNutMeggie wrote:My status checker changed this morning, so I called the office. The woman asked if I was sitting down, then told me I'd been admitted. The links to ASD RSVP and Admitted Student discussion site were on the page, but I was still convinced that I wouldn't have gotten in...thank goodness! Now I don't have to choose between UT and UCLA! Good luck to all the rest of you! :-)

Congrats! When did you go complete?

Went complete 2/17, 160/168, 3.8

cyh

Postby cyh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:11 pm

itsirtou wrote:I guess I'm in! I checked the status checker this morning and it said decision with the admitted students links beneath it. :)

I don't think this changes my mind about UVa but it's still awesome nonetheless! I got accepted so late and my numbers aren't really THAT spectacular so I doubt I'm getting a scholarship, but it'd be nice to know before I put down my deposit on UVa anyways. Does anyone know how long it took them to get their package? The decision was made on 4/23...any chance of getting it before the 30th?

congrats! complete date?

so far, this morning's acceptances have all had diff complete date .. sigh*

rhapsodyinazul

Postby rhapsodyinazul » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Withdrew today, $120k back in to the pot. Man it was hard to give this one up.

Good luck all!

GermX

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Looks like today is acceptance day. 3.4, 169 here. If I get something today I will literally cry from happyness. *crosses fingers*

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”