Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby holybartender » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Have you visited Ithaca?

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:31 pm

I've never lived outside of a major city. New York is incredible. Ithaca is a village. So no, why would I visit Ithaca? Only reason to go there is for Cornellia, but the ass farmers are taking ages to respond.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 pm

lol, its impossible. They'll never know.

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby holybartender » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 pm

GermX wrote:I've never lived outside of a major city. New York is incredible. Ithaca is a village. So no, why would I visit Ithaca? Only reason to go there is for Cornellia, but the ass farmers are taking ages to respond.


I also don't know anything about a place but I'm going to make a bunch of baseless comments about it!

Ithaca is quite nice. You won't die if you expand your horizons a little bit, and this is coming from someone from Los Angeles who likes it there a lot.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Really, because I currently live in LA. What's nice about Ithaca? How can you go from being somewhere with Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc... to a tiny village? Just asking, because honestly, I really want to know.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:54 pm

GermX wrote:Really, because I currently live in LA. What's nice about Ithaca? How can you go from being somewhere with Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc... to a tiny village? Just asking, because honestly, I really want to know.


I typically root for everyone to get into schools, but if you get into Cornell I will weep. I am also from LA and lo-freaking-l at the idea of someone citing "Beverly Hills" as one of the cool parts of the city. Ridiculous.

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dk8 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:57 pm

GermX wrote:Really, because I currently live in LA. What's nice about Ithaca? How can you go from being somewhere with Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc... to a tiny village? Just asking, because honestly, I really want to know.


you are the most annoying poster on the board.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:05 pm

I typically root for everyone to get into schools, but if you get into Cornell I will weep. I am also from LA and lo-freaking-l at the idea of someone citing "Beverly Hills" as one of the cool parts of the city. Ridiculous.


That's because you can't afford it, obviously. If you have a lot of money like I do, I promise you buddy, you would be living in Beverly Hills. Guaranteed.

*cough* I'm just being honest, btw.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:09 pm

GermX wrote:
I typically root for everyone to get into schools, but if you get into Cornell I will weep. I am also from LA and lo-freaking-l at the idea of someone citing "Beverly Hills" as one of the cool parts of the city. Ridiculous.


That's because you can't afford it, obviously. If you have a lot of money like I do, I promise you buddy, you would be living in Beverly Hills. Guaranteed.

*cough* I'm just being honest, btw.


Ok, now I don't even believe you live in LA at all. Anyway, this is all a thread derail.

Anyone else getting news, good or bad? I'm still EA Deferred and starting to think it will be May before I get a decision.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Ok, now I don't even believe you live in LA at all. Anyway, this is all a thread derail.


I live in L.A., roflmao, I've been here for all my life, in fact. I'm sorry that it's difficult for you to see that there is a side of L.A. where everyone is filthy rich and can afford to spend thousands of dollars a day on random shit. But that's how it is. For example, last week I went shopping at Fred Seagal's (on Melrose) and spent over $3,000 on exactly this: shoes, 2 hoodies, 3 button up shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, and 2 belts. Over the weekend, me and my friends were over at Voyeur on Santa Monica Blvd.--we got a table and threw down over $1,000 on drinks and stuff (the women are worth it, of course). My apartment is a 2 bedroom on Beverly Dr. that costs $3,500 a month to rent. In fact, when I move to New York, I plan on living in Midtown, right a long the 5th avenue/Central Park area, and I expect rent to be somewhere around that as well for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

My point? Beverly Hills is awesome, everyone would want to live there, provided they could afford it. And honestly, if you can't afford to spend at least $25,000 a month (minimum), you shouldn't even consider it.

____________

Back on thread, I'm still on complete, hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby cicely101 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:18 pm

GermX wrote:
Ok, now I don't even believe you live in LA at all. Anyway, this is all a thread derail.


I live in L.A., roflmao, I've been here for all my life, in fact. I'm sorry that it's difficult for you to see that there is a side of L.A. where everyone is filthy rich and can afford to spend thousands of dollars a day on random shit. But that's how it is. For example, last week I went shopping at Fred Seagal's (on Melrose) and spent over $3,000 on exactly this: shoes, 2 hoodies, 3 button up shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, and 2 belts. Over the weekend, me and my friends were over at Voyeur on Santa Monica Blvd.--we got a table and threw down over $1,000 on drinks and stuff (the women are worth it, of course). My apartment is a 2 bedroom on Beverly Dr. that costs $3,500 a month to rent. In fact, when I move to New York, I plan on living in Midtown, right a long the 5th avenue/Central Park area, and I expect rent to be somewhere around that as well for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

My point? Beverly Hills is awesome, everyone would want to live there, provided they could afford it. And honestly, if you can't afford to spend at least $25,000 a month (minimum), you shouldn't even consider it.

____________

Back on thread, I'm still on complete, hopefully I'll get an answer soon.


Wow, you really are a prick! lol Best of luck though!

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:20 pm

^ I'm only a prick if I'm lying, but I'm not. It's just how life is here in L.A....and then, back to my point, moving to Ithaca will be so different and obviously I would rather be in Manhattan. Ah well, I guess we'll be studying too much to care about this shit anyways.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:21 pm

lol, wouldn't any place be pretty cool if you are spending $25k a month in disposable income?

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Maybe. But it depends on what you can spend it on. I guess I figure that Cornell is the kind of place where you need to study your ass off to make it into the top 10% (which IMO everyone should be aiming for, whether realistic or not), but on my free time I figure I would fly out to New York and have some fun over the weekend. Who knows, perhaps fly out some chick with me too (any cute girls in Cornell?)?

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:25 pm

^ Umm, what's your point? I obviously graduated wanting to get a job so I didn't have to depend on my dad all the fucking time. But that didn't work out, which is why I'm running away from L.A..

(Despite the fact that he can afford it, I would like to be independent and working out of a B.A. degree on $10/hr salary isn't going to do shit for me.)
Last edited by GermX on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:28 pm

^ Did I ever say it is mine? Why would I be going to law school right now if I was making millions of dollars a year? My dad is rich, in fact, my entire family is wealthy. Wooptie-doo. Still need to be an independent man. Hence, law school (its not all about the money, obviously, but who are we kidding? Money's important.)

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:28 pm

Nightrunner wrote:IMHO, bragging about spending ridiculous sums of money becomes laughable once it is revealed that none of that money is actually yours.


IMHO spending $3,000 of even your own money on clothes in order to fill time on a weekend is just as laughable, but I guess that shows my lack of understanding for style :?:

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:32 pm

^ I agree, but then again, I was trying to make a point about the lifestyle in L.A. v.s. say, somewhere like Ithaca. Los Angeles is an extremely fake society where everything is superficial. I need to wear $3,000 clothes so that when I go out to the clubs on Saturday night, all the gold-diggers will pounce on me. I guess I rationalize it this way--it would probably cost just as much to rent a prostitute for an hour or something, so why not just get something more long-term (like clothes)?

(Edit: lol, the last line is not to be taken too seriously..heh.)

User avatar
ToriM
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:34 pm

cicely101 wrote:
GermX wrote:
Ok, now I don't even believe you live in LA at all. Anyway, this is all a thread derail.


I live in L.A., roflmao, I've been here for all my life, in fact. I'm sorry that it's difficult for you to see that there is a side of L.A. where everyone is filthy rich and can afford to spend thousands of dollars a day on random shit. But that's how it is. For example, last week I went shopping at Fred Seagal's (on Melrose) and spent over $3,000 on exactly this: shoes, 2 hoodies, 3 button up shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, and 2 belts. Over the weekend, me and my friends were over at Voyeur on Santa Monica Blvd.--we got a table and threw down over $1,000 on drinks and stuff (the women are worth it, of course). My apartment is a 2 bedroom on Beverly Dr. that costs $3,500 a month to rent. In fact, when I move to New York, I plan on living in Midtown, right a long the 5th avenue/Central Park area, and I expect rent to be somewhere around that as well for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

My point? Beverly Hills is awesome, everyone would want to live there, provided they could afford it. And honestly, if you can't afford to spend at least $25,000 a month (minimum), you shouldn't even consider it.

____________

Back on thread, I'm still on complete, hopefully I'll get an answer soon.


Wow, you really are a prick! lol Best of luck though!


Haha, you know I kind of admire his honesty about his wealth. I actually find it more palatable than people who put on pretentious airs whilst simultaneously pretending to not be impressed with themselves the better to not to come off as tacky or nouveau riche. Plus, it's far more entertaining. :P

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby cicely101 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:35 pm

GermX wrote:^ I agree, but then again, I was trying to make a point about the lifestyle in L.A. v.s. say, somewhere like Ithaca. Los Angeles is an extremely fake society where everything is superficial. I need to wear $3,000 clothes so that when I go out to the clubs on Saturday night, all the gold-diggers will pounce on me. I guess I rationalize it this way--it would probably cost just as much to rent a prostitute for an hour or something, so why not just get something more long-term (like clothes)?

(Edit: lol, the last line is not to be taken too seriously..heh.)



If you hate Ithaca so much why did you even apply? Why not stay in your beloved LA? Go to USC or something and leave Cornell and Ithaca alone! I don't like all this hating on my future alma mater! :mrgreen:

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dudester » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:36 pm

GermX wrote:^ Did I ever say it is mine? Why would I be going to law school right now if I was making millions of dollars a year? My dad is rich, in fact, my entire family is wealthy. Wooptie-doo. Still need to be an independent man. Hence, law school (its not all about the money, obviously, but who are we kidding? Money's important.)


I don't care whose money it is you're spending. All I know is that I want to be your BFF.

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby cicely101 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:37 pm

dudester wrote:
GermX wrote:^ Did I ever say it is mine? Why would I be going to law school right now if I was making millions of dollars a year? My dad is rich, in fact, my entire family is wealthy. Wooptie-doo. Still need to be an independent man. Hence, law school (its not all about the money, obviously, but who are we kidding? Money's important.)


I don't care whose money it is you're spending. All I know is that I want to be your BFF.



LMAO

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 pm

^ lol.

If you hate Ithaca so much why did you even apply? Why not stay in your beloved LA? Go to USC or something and leave Cornell and Ithaca alone! I don't like all this hating on my future alma mater! :mrgreen:


Cornell's a great school, and USC inexplicably rejected me. UCLA has me on a waitlist, and I got accepted into a few others. For the most part, this cycle has been confusing. Too many waitlists. But I guess we should thank George W. Bush for that one, eh?

At this point, I don't really see anything in Cornell except for one thing (the most important): academically, and in terms of its rank as a t-14, it is the best option for me if I'm accepted. Law school is not about the fun of living in a cool city etc...--if you can get that, YAY, if not, then oh well, right? I'm more interested in succeeding, getting into Big Law, etc..., and that is what Cornell offers.

I would try to transfer out and into NYU/Columbia if I could, though. Guess we'll see.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby SAE » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Do not feed the troll

User avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Getting this thread back on track, by when do you all think Cornell will have given every applicant an accept, deny, or WL decision? My guess is that after the backlog and all the reserves, it will be mid-to-late June.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], MSNbot Media and 9 guests