Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
calicocat wrote:
boo jersey shore wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Thanks! I would do it like yesterday...however, I need to get my verification form of actually receiving a scholarship from NYU first. :)

You got AnBryce? Give me one good goddamn reason I was not informed.

Yeah Dee, unless I am super self involved, I think I should have known that by now.


We were talking about it WHILE you were on chat.

Omg I am horrible

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Dee, that is really freaking awesome. Congrats x10.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Came home to my financial aid letter. 9.5K per year, 28.5k overall. Coupled with GI Bill this makes the cost of Cornell == cost of Vanderbilt.

To answer previous questions: It comes in the mail and includes loan eligibility information.

17 more days to decide.

User avatar
mbw
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby mbw » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

CyLaw wrote:Came home to my financial aid letter. 9.5K per year, 28.5k overall. Coupled with GI Bill this makes the cost of Cornell == cost of Vanderbilt.

To answer previous questions: It comes in the mail and includes loan eligibility information.

17 more days to decide.


Cy, if you like Cornell during your ASW visit, then I would be upfront and let them know you've received a larger offer from Vandy -- granted, there is a new financial aid director this year, but I know last year they were very willing to discuss options...

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:31 pm

mbw wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Came home to my financial aid letter. 9.5K per year, 28.5k overall. Coupled with GI Bill this makes the cost of Cornell == cost of Vanderbilt.

To answer previous questions: It comes in the mail and includes loan eligibility information.

17 more days to decide.


Cy, if you like Cornell during your ASW visit, then I would be upfront and let them know you've received a larger offer from Vandy -- granted, there is a new financial aid director this year, but I know last year they were very willing to discuss options...


Thanks, I really appreciate the advice, and forgot that I would have a chance to talk to them during ASW. I will also be talking with them about trying to get Yellow Ribbon funds for the first 3 semesters, and how GI Bill will affect my aid award. Turns out my wife will also being coming up to Cornell during ASW, but to visit professors and look for a post-doc position.

I thought choosing a school would be easy. Was not expecting everything to come down to the wire.

Geist13
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Geist13 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Placed on reserve today. Quite surprised I wasn't rejected. 167/3.09.

I know this must come up over here a fair amount, but what is the difference between waitlist and reserve? The letter makes it sound like reserve is the same as what I've always thought of as the waitlist, i.e. we don't know how many acceptances will matriculate and we may consider you again once the class starts to take shape. But if reserve is just a waitlist, why do they call it something else when they well know how many calls they will get inquiring what reserve actually means?

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Mattalones » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Geist13 wrote:Placed on reserve today. Quite surprised I wasn't rejected. 167/3.09.

I know this must come up over here a fair amount, but what is the difference between waitlist and reserve? The letter makes it sound like reserve is the same as what I've always thought of as the waitlist, i.e. we don't know how many acceptances will matriculate and we may consider you again once the class starts to take shape. But if reserve is just a waitlist, why do they call it something else when they well know how many calls they will get inquiring what reserve actually means?

I asked them this when I applied in 08 - they said it is just a wait list.

User avatar
jrobby6
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jrobby6 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:19 am

Those who went complete in late feb and early march should be currently under review. I called the admissions office yesterday and that's what they told me after inquiring about an update on my status (complete 3/1)

pollaclc
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby pollaclc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 am

jrobby6 wrote:Those who went complete in late feb and early march should be currently under review. I called the admissions office yesterday and that's what they told me after inquiring about an update on my status (complete 3/1)

thanks for posting this! does your status checker still just say complete?

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:32 am

jrobby6 wrote:Those who went complete in late feb and early march should be currently under review. I called the admissions office yesterday and that's what they told me after inquiring about an update on my status (complete 3/1)


I've been Complete for over a month, I'd like my decision pls.

User avatar
jrobby6
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jrobby6 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 am

To poll: Yea, it still says complete

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:35 am

Complete 3/1. I would like an answer soon, so I can compare them with G Town.

legalnoeagle
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby legalnoeagle » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 am

Geez, I'm complete 2/11 and haven't heard a peep. Hmmm...

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 am

legalnoeagle wrote:Geez, I'm complete 2/11 and haven't heard a peep. Hmmm...


same here.

User avatar
devilishangelrjp
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby devilishangelrjp » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 am

jrobby6 wrote:Those who went complete in late feb and early march should be currently under review. I called the admissions office yesterday and that's what they told me after inquiring about an update on my status (complete 3/1)


Thanks for telling us this. Hope good news is just around the corner for me and for you!

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dk8 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm

complete 2/17, applied in december. still waitin

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:42 pm

Complete 2/22. I prob don't have a chance in hell.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Submitted end of December, complete 2/24, would really just like to know so I can start making decisions!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:45 pm

DR 11/24 from EA deferral. Any other news since the recent rejections for EA?

lil_bit810
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby lil_bit810 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Submitted 12/8 Complete since 2/1!!! This is crazy. Called the Admissions Office and they said I should have a decision, "Any day now." I wish I wouldn't have called. Now I check my status at least 50 times a day.

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby holybartender » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:30 pm

Veritas wrote:DR 11/24 from EA deferral. Any other news since the recent rejections for EA?


Good luck Veritas!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:35 pm

holybartender wrote:
Veritas wrote:DR 11/24 from EA deferral. Any other news since the recent rejections for EA?


Good luck Veritas!

oh, thank you! :D

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Withdrew today!

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GermX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:52 pm

^ Yay!!! More withdrawals= more potential acceptances!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: malysh, zeglo and 6 guests