Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby oneforship » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Veritas wrote: Go [strike]eat[/strike] make me a turkey sandwich.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:25 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Another 11/24 decision here. I have no reason to believe it's an acceptance.

ETA


Owned.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tintin » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:28 pm

maybe they are sending out deferrals AND acceptances AND rejections, guys.

:lol:

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:28 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Another 11/24 decision here. I have no reason to believe it's an acceptance.

ETA


Owned.


:(

I had actually posted a "yay" on this one earlier. I guess we will have to see on monday.

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:29 pm

If I weren't so stuffed with pie, I'd be chuckling right now.

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bowie8285 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:30 pm

avacado111 wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Another 11/24 decision here. I have no reason to believe it's an acceptance.

ETA


Owned.


:(

I had actually posted a "yay" on this one earlier. I guess we will have to see on monday.



well at least we can stop freaking out either way as at this point we really have no reason to be happy OR sad....i guess i will just remain neutral until i get it in the mail

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dudester » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:31 pm

najumobi wrote:hmm...you're the second person receiving the interview request letter...what was your decision/letter date?


Your pic freaks me out for some reason.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm feeling left out :( Complete on 10/2 and no decision. With my numbers an acceptance would be shocking to say the least.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:40 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:I'm feeling left out :( Complete on 10/2 and no decision. With my numbers an acceptance would be shocking to say the least.


don't you know? everything is currently all over the place. Still haven't figured out what #s are garnering acceptings/DR now.

gah. I'm going to the gym. Work off that turkey I ate yesterday.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:48 pm

dudester wrote:
najumobi wrote:hmm...you're the second person receiving the interview request letter...what was your decision/letter date?


Your pic freaks me out for some reason.

yeah, you're right...the picture is quite weird. maybe it's one of those types of pics where you feel like the person is looking at you specifically. those kinds of pics give me the shivers.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby SilverE2 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:01 pm

3.5/168. Decision 11/24. I really think these are going to be deferrals.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:02 pm

SilverE2 wrote:3.5/168. Decision 11/24. I really think these are going to be deferrals.

I think it's a mix.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Veritas wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:3.5/168. Decision 11/24. I really think these are going to be deferrals.

I think it's a mix.


of acceptances+deferrals

or acceptances+defferals+rejections

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:07 pm

avacado111 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:3.5/168. Decision 11/24. I really think these are going to be deferrals.

I think it's a mix.


of acceptances+deferrals

or acceptances+defferals+rejections

I dunno :| :(

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Veritas wrote:
avacado111 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:3.5/168. Decision 11/24. I really think these are going to be deferrals.

I think it's a mix.


of acceptances+deferrals

or acceptances+defferals+rejections

I dunno :| :(


I doubt they are rejections. My bet is acceptances. Wish I had a decision either way!

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby swc65 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Ya I really think mine is a hold. It is still weird tho. If I am EA and they want an interview why not interview then still give the decision EA? They still have until mid to late december. It's only late Nov.

I have to admit though, I was not too serious about going to Cornell. When I am done with UG here, I want OUT! My app had quite a few tyypppoes.

Also, I wonder what the chances of being admitted once you've been placed on hold.

I was really hoping to go to CLS, but if I can't get into Cornell then I don't see how I could get into Columbia.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:34 pm

swc65 wrote:Ya I really think mine is a hold. It is still weird tho. If I am EA and they want an interview why not interview then still give the decision EA? They still have until mid to late december. It's only late Nov.

I have to admit though, I was not too serious about going to Cornell. When I am done with UG here, I want OUT! My app had quite a few tyypppoes.

Also, I wonder what the chances of being admitted once you've been placed on hold.

I was really hoping to go to CLS, but if I can't get into Cornell then I don't see how I could get into Columbia.


Shut up.

You have a 176, if anything they may want to gauge your interest (which you don't seem very interested, so maybe they know what they are doing). Have fun at whatever T10 you go to.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:44 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
swc65 wrote:Ya I really think mine is a hold. It is still weird tho. If I am EA and they want an interview why not interview then still give the decision EA? They still have until mid to late december. It's only late Nov.

I have to admit though, I was not too serious about going to Cornell. When I am done with UG here, I want OUT! My app had quite a few tyypppoes.

Also, I wonder what the chances of being admitted once you've been placed on hold.

I was really hoping to go to CLS, but if I can't get into Cornell then I don't see how I could get into Columbia.


Shut up.

You have a 176, if anything they may want to gauge your interest (which you don't seem very interested, so maybe they know what they are doing). Have fun at whatever T10 you go to.


Seriously. If I looked at your numbers, I would laugh at the thought that you would choose Cornell.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tintin » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:58 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
Seriously. If I looked at your numbers, I would laugh at the thought that you would choose Cornell.


Sorry, but +1.

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bowie8285 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:27 pm

just got the mail. deferred

so there's that

:(

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dakatz » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:33 pm

bowie8285 wrote:just got the mail. deferred

so there's that

:(


Sorry to hear that. But hey, keep the faith. Its not a rejection or a waitlist, so you still have a solid shot. I really didn't think they would be sending out any sort of decisions on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bowie8285 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:34 pm

so what does a deferral mean? do we have any stats on how many ppl got accepted/rejected after being deferred

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:36 pm

bowie8285 wrote:so what does a deferral mean? do we have any stats on how many ppl got accepted/rejected after being deferred

it means they will look at you again in february/march and decide accepted, rejected, or placed on the reserve list. reserve list people are reviewed again in june and either accepted, rejected, or placed on the summer waitlist.

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bowie8285 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:37 pm

i guess they mailed it out on 11/24 and it's merciful they only updated me on that today so that i wouldn't have spent the past 3 days being all nervous....they say in the letter that if they don't hear back from me by feb 1st that they'll withdraw my app, i thought that was strange, is this what LOCI are for?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:39 pm

bowie8285 wrote:i guess they mailed it out on 11/24 and it's merciful they only updated me on that today so that i wouldn't have spent the past 3 days being all nervous....they say in the letter that if they don't hear back from me by feb 1st that they'll withdraw my app, i thought that was strange, is this what LOCI are for?


Definitely seems like they're waiting to see if you really want to attend cornell. it is definitely better then being waitlisted. I myself have been complete for longer then you and still have heard nothing back. =I




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, bleakchimera2, Ferrisjso, jprath2, Long shot hero, potterotter, StopLawying, tlee13 and 41 guests