Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jbrowning82

Bronze
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jbrowning82 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:43 am

Prime12 - I was in the same boat as you. Called admissions 5 minutes ago for my decision and I was rejected. No shock there. Notre Dame here I come.

Prime12

Bronze
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Prime12 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:52 am

The mailman just came and handed me the rejection envelope :lol:.

Unless I get off waitlist at Michigan I guess I'm going to Minnesota.

User avatar
AdmiralNelson

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby AdmiralNelson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:02 am

Applied in December and my status just now changed to complete. They even threw in some unnecessary punctuation to boot:

Your application is ready for review by the Admissions Committee. If, your application was complete by February 1, you should receive a written decision by the next 8 to 12 weeks.

So great, Mid-June? Yeah, I'll clear out my schedule for it.

Cale39

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Cale39 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:32 pm

App received Jan 5, just went complete last night.

Burger in a can

Silver
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Finally rejected today! :) I already sent in my deposit to UConn because I knew I had no chance at the big red. Applied 11/09, Complete 1/28, Dinged 3/18. Good luck everyone!

mstich

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby mstich » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Complete 2/9 Still Waiting...

User avatar
JusticeHarlan

Gold
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:22 pm

mstich wrote:Complete 2/9 Still Waiting...

2/4 here, though I suspect I'm far from the earliest, and that's without poking the hornet's nest that is the EA deferred crew.

lz06

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby lz06 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:23 pm

withdrew. good luck to those of you still waiting!

User avatar
jrobby6

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jrobby6 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:25 pm

anyone get two complete dates? I was applied at 1/12 then two weeks ago i was apparently complete at 1/27 and now i'm complete 3/1???

User avatar
utcris410

Bronze
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby utcris410 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:28 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
mstich wrote:Complete 2/9 Still Waiting...

2/4 here, though I suspect I'm far from the earliest, and that's without poking the hornet's nest that is the EA deferred crew.

+1

djgoldbe

Bronze
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby djgoldbe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:39 pm

utcris410 wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
mstich wrote:Complete 2/9 Still Waiting...

2/4 here, though I suspect I'm far from the earliest, and that's without poking the hornet's nest that is the EA deferred crew.

+1


+2....complete 2/2.

User avatar
Holly Golightly

Gold
Posts: 4603
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:47 pm

jrobby6 wrote:anyone get two complete dates? I was applied at 1/12 then two weeks ago i was apparently complete at 1/27 and now i'm complete 3/1???


Mine has changed once...

User avatar
ApexChaser

Bronze
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:10 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ApexChaser » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 pm

jrobby6 wrote:anyone get two complete dates? I was applied at 1/12 then two weeks ago i was apparently complete at 1/27 and now i'm complete 3/1???


My first complete date was in December and then the system updated itself to mid Feb.

User avatar
ryguy

Bronze
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ryguy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Applied Dec. 30. Complete 2/23??? Jeez

beast510

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:30 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby beast510 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm

ryguy wrote:Applied Dec. 30. Complete 2/23??? Jeez



Applied 12/31 Complete 3/9

Who's more awesome?

MissLucky

Silver
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MissLucky » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:43 pm

beast510 wrote:
ryguy wrote:Applied Dec. 30. Complete 2/23??? Jeez



Applied 12/31 Complete 3/9

Who's more awesome?


you are.

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee

Silver
Posts: 773
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Damn Cornell is slow. My app was received 1/8 and I thought they must have accidentally thrown it away. Complete email at 3am this morning. I wonder how long before I find out the result.

User avatar
J Burrito

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby J Burrito » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Does someone have a link to the admitted students login page? I went DR on 3/15, apparently, and would like to see if I can login. Sadly I can't find the right page. Thanks!

User avatar
Snoopy1216

Bronze
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:54 pm

DR few days ago... Called (then got letter). I was placed on "reserve." Secretary + letter made it clear it wasn't a waitlist... I really need to get off "reserve"... Do you guys have any suggestions for what to write because I already wrote an LOCI?

Sorry about the dings ppl :(

User avatar
Unitas

Silver
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Unitas » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:DR few days ago... Called (then got letter). I was placed on "reserve." Secretary + letter made it clear it wasn't a waitlist... I really need to get off "reserve"... Do you guys have any suggestions for what to write because I already wrote an LOCI?

Sorry about the dings ppl :(


The reserve is their waitlist isn't it?

User avatar
Snoopy1216

Bronze
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Kakarot wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:DR few days ago... Called (then got letter). I was placed on "reserve." Secretary + letter made it clear it wasn't a waitlist... I really need to get off "reserve"... Do you guys have any suggestions for what to write because I already wrote an LOCI?

Sorry about the dings ppl :(


The reserve is their waitlist isn't it?


Nope. The waitlist ppl get answered sometime in the summer and the reserve ppl get answered after the first deposit but still during admissions seasons. The woman also explained that with reserve ppl some seats are still open.

BUT I see it as more of a pre-waitlist. A little better because you aren't doomed till August waiting, but still its a "not yet" kinda thing...
Last edited by Snoopy1216 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shlonster

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Shlonster » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:05 pm

itsirtou wrote:Went complete today, applied 1/8

oh boy


Same --- it still shows my date as 1/8 though, not 3/18... has it just not updated yet? I'm kinda confused.

User avatar
dudester

Bronze
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dudester » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 pm

J Burrito wrote:Does someone have a link to the admitted students login page? I went DR on 3/15, apparently, and would like to see if I can login. Sadly I can't find the right page. Thanks!


The admitted students website is not password protected. If you don't see a link to the student forum in your status checker or you haven't received an e-mail telling you that you're in, then you were probably placed on the wait list or rejected.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan

Gold
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:47 pm

dudester wrote:
J Burrito wrote:Does someone have a link to the admitted students login page? I went DR on 3/15, apparently, and would like to see if I can login. Sadly I can't find the right page. Thanks!


The admitted students website is not password protected. If you don't see a link to the student forum in your status checker or you haven't received an e-mail telling you that you're in, then you were probably placed on the wait list or rejected.

Another option that people have reported is that their decision is a request for an interview. Could be any of those things.

User avatar
J Burrito

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby J Burrito » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:54 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
dudester wrote:
J Burrito wrote:Does someone have a link to the admitted students login page? I went DR on 3/15, apparently, and would like to see if I can login. Sadly I can't find the right page. Thanks!


The admitted students website is not password protected. If you don't see a link to the student forum in your status checker or you haven't received an e-mail telling you that you're in, then you were probably placed on the wait list or rejected.

Another option that people have reported is that their decision is a request for an interview. Could be any of those things.

Marvelous... Thanks guys.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests