Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:17 pm

swc65 wrote:I am very confused. My status says decision now, but I received a letter dated the same day as the decision asking for an interview. Why would they wan an interview if the decision has been made?

hmm...you're the second person receiving the interview request letter...what was your decision/letter date?

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Mosca » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:18 pm

I just called. They're closed today. I'm calling again first thing Monday morning, i don't have the patience to wait 10-14 days.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:19 pm

najumobi wrote:
swc65 wrote:I am very confused. My status says decision now, but I received a letter dated the same day as the decision asking for an interview. Why would they wan an interview if the decision has been made?

hmm...you're the second person receiving the interview request letter...what was your decision/letter date?

Maybe all the current "decision" people are going to be receiving this letter?

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Mosca wrote:I just called. They're closed today. I'm calling again first thing Monday morning, i don't have the patience to wait 10-14 days.

stats? decision date?

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Veritas wrote:
najumobi wrote:
swc65 wrote:I am very confused. My status says decision now, but I received a letter dated the same day as the decision asking for an interview. Why would they wan an interview if the decision has been made?

hmm...you're the second person receiving the interview request letter...what was your decision/letter date?

Maybe all the current "decision" people are going to be receiving this letter?

i don't think so...both shartree and swc65 pretty quickly received their letters requesting an interview.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tintin » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:25 pm

wow, people are at decision? I am at lsat 75th and above gpa 75th, applied a loooong time ago but no decision here. hm. i would love to get into cornell. i'm hoping it will happen as an early xmas present!

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby swc65 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:26 pm

najumobi wrote:
Mosca wrote:I just called. They're closed today. I'm calling again first thing Monday morning, i don't have the patience to wait 10-14 days.

stats? decision date?



Date of letter 11/24. date of decision 11/24

176. 3.5

Why would they want an interview after the decision has been made? I dont get it.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:39 pm

tintin wrote:wow, people are at decision? I am at lsat 75th and above gpa 75th, applied a loooong time ago but no decision here. hm. i would love to get into cornell. i'm hoping it will happen as an early xmas present!

No one with stats like yours is at decision. Strangely enough, it looks like they're sending people with lower stats to decision first, regardless of completion date. I have similar stats to you and have been EA Complete since 10/1 and am still EA Complete. We should hear before Christmas.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Mosca » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:40 pm

.
Last edited by Mosca on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:40 pm

maybe they are deferring peeps. that's what the decision is.

If they need an interview, the "Decision" is to defer you onto RD.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Edit: No interview email and my status checker says DR.

Do you think I'm in? Did they send in the rejections later?

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bowie8285 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:44 pm

avacado111 wrote:maybe they are deferring peeps. that's what the decision is.

If they need an interview, the "Decision" is to defer you onto RD.



shit thats true! maybe cornell is doing things differently this year and are sending out deferrals early to try to get the best of the best admits with all the competition this cycle.....there go all my splitter hopes :(

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:45 pm

bowie8285 wrote:
avacado111 wrote:maybe they are deferring peeps. that's what the decision is.

If they need an interview, the "Decision" is to defer you onto RD.



shit thats true! maybe cornell is doing things differently this year and are sending out deferrals early to try to get the best of the best admits with all the competition this cycle.....there go all my splitter hopes :(


Wait, is it a good thing to have a decision now? they won't be sending out rejections this early would they?

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:48 pm

avacado111 wrote:
bowie8285 wrote:
avacado111 wrote:maybe they are deferring peeps. that's what the decision is.

If they need an interview, the "Decision" is to defer you onto RD.



shit thats true! maybe cornell is doing things differently this year and are sending out deferrals early to try to get the best of the best admits with all the competition this cycle.....there go all my splitter hopes :(


Wait, is it a good thing to have a decision now? they won't be sending out rejections this early would they?


Stop bugging out. Just chill til the next episode.

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby swc65 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:00 pm

avacado111 wrote:maybe they are deferring peeps. that's what the decision is.

If they need an interview, the "Decision" is to defer you onto RD.



well that suck because it makes sense.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Lol. Those with DR now (and calulating the time it takes to get the letter) will be around 12/04. Meaning, that either I'm in or I'm deferred (b/c those who were rejected last year got a decision around the 12/13) who applied. I don't think I'm deferred tho... I'm not retaking anyway nor did they request an interview.

This is exciting. My first t14 acceptance woudl be amazinggggggggg.

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bowie8285 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:01 pm

both theories make sense......on the one hand, precedence shows that early decisions were acceptances....BUT those people had much higher numbers than the people getting notifications this cycle....in fact most people DR so far have splitter or lower than average numbers which supports the idea that they are deferrals....so i guess we'll just have to wait and see

waiting4law
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby waiting4law » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Funnily enough, I've spent 56 days anxiously waiting for my status checker to go to decision, and I am counting down the minutes today hoping that I am NOT yet at decision. Oh, the irony...

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:05 pm

I think those who got DR on the 24th are acceptances.

Those who got DR earlier are deferrals.

I don't know. I would prefer the acceptance theory obviously :)

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:09 pm

avacado111 wrote:I think those who got DR on the 24th are acceptances.

Those who got DR earlier are deferrals.

I don't know. I would prefer the acceptance theory obviously :)

your reasoning leaves much to be desired.

ezryder609
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:54 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ezryder609 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm

avacado111 wrote:I think those who got DR on the 24th are acceptances.

Those who got DR earlier are deferrals.

I don't know. I would prefer the acceptance theory obviously :)


I hate to rain on your parade. But I got DR on the 24th and I am definitely an auto-reject (well below both 25th percentiles).

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Veritas wrote:
avacado111 wrote:I think those who got DR on the 24th are acceptances.

Those who got DR earlier are deferrals.

I don't know. I would prefer the acceptance theory obviously :)

your reasoning leaves much to be desired.


Listen to Veritas, he is god.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tamlyric » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:13 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
avacado111 wrote:I think those who got DR on the 24th are acceptances.

Those who got DR earlier are deferrals.

I don't know. I would prefer the acceptance theory obviously :)

your reasoning leaves much to be desired.


Listen to Veritas, he is god.


+1 :mrgreen:

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Another 11/24 decision here. I have no reason to believe it's an acceptance.

ETA
Last edited by John J. Rambo, Esq. on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:18 pm

We have this: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ankit

And we have this:
ezryder609 wrote:
I hate to rain on your parade. But I got DR on the 24th and I am definitely an auto-reject (well below both 25th percentiles).


Both Decision on 11/24, both on opposite sides of the "what is expected spectrum." Looks like we all will just have to wait :D Go eat a turkey sandwich.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”