Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nerka

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Nerka » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Curious to know if anyone has completed his/her Cornell interview yet.

User avatar
calicocat

Silver
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:54 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Applied since Jan 5th!!!! Grrrr what's taking so long Cornell! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


+1000000000000000000


me too

Seriously guys? you applied in Jan? My heart bleeds for you.

User avatar
chicoalto0649

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:56 pm

calicocat wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Applied since Jan 5th!!!! Grrrr what's taking so long Cornell! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


+1000000000000000000


me too

Seriously guys? you applied in Jan? My heart bleeds for you.


Did I break some law?

(cue the obligatory "cornell is up in applications by 52%" comment)

User avatar
calicocat

Silver
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
Did I break some law?

(cue the obligatory "cornell is up in applications by 52%" comment)


Just sayin, Cornell is slow this year and you haven't even waited two months since applying.

bruinsbaseball

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bruinsbaseball » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 pm

seriously. i applied in like november 15th.

User avatar
unknownscholar

Bronze
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:21 pm

bruinsbaseball wrote:seriously. i applied in like november 15th.

+1. went complete on 1/25

User avatar
newyorker88

Silver
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby newyorker88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:32 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
bruinsbaseball wrote:seriously. i applied in like november 15th.

+1. went complete on 1/25


damn that's depressing lol. I have one long wait ahead

Jockin Jay-Z

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:33 pm

So what are the chances for a decision before April 1st for the 1/5 'in our system' applicants?

User avatar
newyorker88

Silver
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby newyorker88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:35 pm

calicocat wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Applied since Jan 5th!!!! Grrrr what's taking so long Cornell! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


+1000000000000000000


me too

Seriously guys? you applied in Jan? My heart bleeds for you.


Yea I didn't have the money to apply sooner. Had I know they were this backed up I would've collected cans lol or did something to scrape the app fee up and applied earlier.

orphanarium

Bronze
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby orphanarium » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:49 pm

...
Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chicoalto0649

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:50 pm

orphanarium wrote:Complete as of today.

Applied date, according to the status checker, was 1/5. Interestingly, the date didn't update with the status today.


did they send you an email/ give you on an estimate on when you will receive a decision? I am also 1/5 applied

User avatar
cardinalandgold

Silver
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:51 pm

orphanarium wrote:Complete as of today.

Applied date, according to the status checker, was 1/5. Interestingly, the date didn't update with the status today.

Good to see Cornell finally getting to the early January files. I applied on the 8th, so hopefully I'll be going complete soon.

orphanarium

Bronze
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby orphanarium » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 pm

...
Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chicoalto0649

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 pm

orphanarium wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
orphanarium wrote:Complete as of today.

Applied date, according to the status checker, was 1/5. Interestingly, the date didn't update with the status today.


did they send you an email/ give you on an estimate on when you will receive a decision? I am also 1/5 applied


They did not send me an email. The status checker just reads:

As of 01/05/2010 your application status is:

Complete
Your application is ready for review by the Admissions Committee. If, your application was complete by February 1, you should receive a written decision by the next 8 to 12 weeks.



Ooo....but you still applied on the 5th right?

orphanarium

Bronze
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby orphanarium » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 pm

...
Last edited by orphanarium on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan

Gold
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:51 pm

orphanarium wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
orphanarium wrote:Complete as of today.

Applied date, according to the status checker, was 1/5. Interestingly, the date didn't update with the status today.


did they send you an email/ give you on an estimate on when you will receive a decision? I am also 1/5 applied


They did not send me an email. The status checker just reads:

As of 01/05/2010 your application status is:

Complete
Your application is ready for review by the Admissions Committee. If, your application was complete by February 1, you should receive a written decision by the next 8 to 12 weeks.

This is what happened to me when I went complete about three weeks ago. If they treat your app like they did mine, that means you should be getting the 'complete' email at 6:00 am on the dot tomorrow morning, and in about five days or so the date will switch on your complete date from your old 'applied' date to today.

User avatar
MarkRenton

Bronze
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MarkRenton » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:53 pm

I don't view my status checker or read this thread. I just let Cornell be. I figure, one day, there will be a letter in my mailbox. Probably won't be any time soon either.

jelizabeth88

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jelizabeth88 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 am

I'm one of the 1/5 Applied people, you gave me hope orphanarium, but still no movement on my status checker.

User avatar
Notor

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Notor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 am

Kids calm down, there are people that submitted in November that are still waiting.

User avatar
Cupidity

Gold
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Cupidity » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:43 am

Notor wrote:Kids calm down, there are people that submitted in November that are still waiting.


+1

User avatar
Holly Golightly

Gold
Posts: 4603
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Hey, I'm finally complete! Submitted end of December, 1/5 as my received/complete date.

User avatar
Lincoln

Silver
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Lincoln » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

Just got the email. In.

Applied 11/16
Received 11/20
Complete 1/22

168, 3.5x. Int'l (sort of) non-traditional applicant

User avatar
18243

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 18243 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 pm

In via e-mail as well.

User avatar
chicoalto0649

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:54 pm

18243 wrote:In via e-mail as well.



numbers/ when did u apply?

User avatar
danidancer

Silver
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby danidancer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Lincoln wrote:Just got the email. In.

Applied 11/16
Received 11/20
Complete 1/22

168, 3.5x. Int'l (sort of) non-traditional applicant


Congrats!! You've given me hope, as I continue to wallow in EA deferred-ville.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests