Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Kiersten1985 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:35 pm

WhyBother? wrote:The status checker is down for me. It appears to be an error with the website, not my account. Is this happening to anyone else?


Yeah I just tried to log in actually - some weird computer shit popped up.

aad
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby aad » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Does Cornell offer merit-based scholarships?

And, if so, does it come at the time of acceptance or down the line?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 pm

aad wrote:Does Cornell offer merit-based scholarships?

And, if so, does it come at the time of acceptance or down the line?


Down the line. You have to fill out FAFSA and needaccess.org to be considered for one.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
aad wrote:Does Cornell offer merit-based scholarships?

And, if so, does it come at the time of acceptance or down the line?


Down the line. You have to fill out FAFSA and needaccess.org to be considered for one.


you need a FAFSA for a merit scholarship?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
aad wrote:Does Cornell offer merit-based scholarships?

And, if so, does it come at the time of acceptance or down the line?


Down the line. You have to fill out FAFSA and needaccess.org to be considered for one.


you need a FAFSA for a merit scholarship?


Yes. They do need and merit at the same time, and their requirement for Financial Aid consideration, short of the Deans scholarship, is that you have to do FAFSA and Need access (BTW love that you have to pay to apply for need based aid).

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby SAE » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 am

Complete email this morning!

What's the predicted time frame from here?

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:04 am

When you fill out the FAFSA, do you have to have your parents fill it out as well? I had though I was an independent, but in my acceptance to GW they said if I was born after 1981 my parents need to fill it out...

Now I am worried about all my other apps.

User avatar
Fancy Pants
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Fancy Pants » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:51 am

SAE wrote:Complete email this morning!

What's the predicted time frame from here?


Forever-ish.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:When you fill out the FAFSA, do you have to have your parents fill it out as well? I had though I was an independent, but in my acceptance to GW they said if I was born after 1981 my parents need to fill it out...

Now I am worried about all my other apps.


Cornell requires parent info on the Need Access form, and your parents Tax Return, unless you are granted a waiver by the cornell Financial Aid people.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:23 am

For anyone who turned in a Deans Scholarship Letter, I spoke with the office and they said we should be hearing "very soon". How soon? Let the speculating begin.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ccs224 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Just withdrew after being put on reserve this Monday. Hopefully this helps out the rest on the list.

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:21 pm

ccs224 wrote:Just withdrew after being put on reserve this Monday. Hopefully this helps out the rest on the list.


Can you clarify what you mean by held? Did Cornell tell you they would give your app another review down the line?

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ccs224 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
ccs224 wrote:Just withdrew after being put on reserve this Monday. Hopefully this helps out the rest on the list.


Can you clarify what you mean by held? Did Cornell tell you they would give your app another review down the line?


Being put on reserve is basically a first round waitlist. Cornell says they are not admitting you, holding your until they hear from those they have been admitted, asks for an update if you have anything to add, then says that you will be admitted / waitlisted / rejected once they have a better sense of the incoming class in May.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Complete! Been "applied" just over two months. No email, just the fruits of constant status checker updates (and this has to be within the last two or three hours, I checked it after 5 pm eastern today and was still at "applied"). It lists the date I'd been stuck at "applied" at all this time as my complete date, which I find interesting. Still very happy to see movement, let's go Big Red!

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:07 am

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MURPH
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:20 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MURPH » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:38 am

I aslo went complete and to CR today via email. I submitted the first week of December....so long ago.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby utcris410 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:07 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:Complete! Been "applied" just over two months. No email, just the fruits of constant status checker updates (and this has to be within the last two or three hours, I checked it after 5 pm eastern today and was still at "applied"). It lists the date I'd been stuck at "applied" at all this time as my complete date, which I find interesting. Still very happy to see movement, let's go Big Red!

Ditto.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:13 am

I wish Cornell would finally complete my file. Feels like I've been stuck at applied forever!

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby chutzpah » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:34 am

I'm still "applied" as of 12/7. That was SO long ago!

User avatar
devilishangelrjp
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby devilishangelrjp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 am

chutzpah wrote:I'm still "applied" as of 12/7. That was SO long ago!


Isn't it though? I wanted to have all my decisions by now. The way it's looking now, Cornell won't probably get to me until my spring break! -_-

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Neil » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Neil wrote:I have a feeling I'm going to regret this after I've been rejected and it's at the top of my "View your posts" page, but wanted to tag this thread anyways. "In the system" since 12/01...

Good luck, everyone!


Above was me previously. Today I just went "complete and ready for committee review." Even a waitlist is a long shot with my stats, but I'm holding out hope...

User avatar
softey
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby softey » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Still not even complete. Sent 12/15. They must be swamped.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:39 pm

softey wrote:Still not even complete. Sent 12/15. They must be swamped.

Oh, they're swamped. As linked to by someone else upthread:
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/02/03/the ... b/article/

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby neimanmarxist » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:29 am

complete and ready for review. applied the first week of Dec. Amazing. They must be up to their ears in applications.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:13 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:complete and ready for review. applied the first week of Dec. Amazing. They must be up to their ears in applications.


The home page story on their website is an article talking about how their apps have jumped 52%. They are literally swamped.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: loslakers, potatocowpower, smashbash and 11 guests