Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
turkishangora
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby turkishangora » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:27 pm

People who went to Decision - when did you apply/go complete? Thanks and Good Luck!!

dubsky
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:50 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dubsky » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:16 pm

got the complete email on 1/15. applied the 14th of november, didn't want to be EA.

anyone know how they send the letter ? 10-14 days is a LOOOOOOOONG time for a letter to make it from upstate newyork to the greater toronto region :P

User avatar
grandslam
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:46 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby grandslam » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:40 pm

turkishangora wrote:People who went to Decision - when did you apply/go complete? Thanks and Good Luck!!


I applied 11/6, went complete 1/7.

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jbrowning82 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm

I just got an email telling me that my application was complete and ready for review. Yet my status checker has said that application has been complete since 12/03

Is this email just their way of saying it is being reviewed now?

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:08 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:I just got an email telling me that my application was complete and ready for review. Yet my status checker has said that application has been complete since 12/03

Is this email just their way of saying it is being reviewed now?

I don't have an answer to your question (I'm not sure we've seen enough movement from Cornell to discern a pattern), but can I ask you when you're "applied" date was, prior to going complete? Just trying to gauge how fast their moving through the glut of apps they're getting this year.

ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ccs224 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh crap. Decision 1/28. Anyone else?

Edit: And now I bother reading above and see, yes, lots of anyone elses.

User avatar
nosurprise
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby nosurprise » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:59 pm

just got in via e-mail! DR 01/28. good luck, everyone!

dgb87
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dgb87 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:57 pm

In via email...it said something along of the lines of we couldn't wait to tell you that you were accepted...I was regular decision 168/3.66 non-urm...

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Amelie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm

I withdrew today, so hopefully somebody still waiting will hear a bit sooner.

And goodluck to today's decisions!

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby SAE » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Applied early December. Status is still "he have you in our system". Getting annoyed.. :?

Is this normal or something to follow up on?

User avatar
Fancy Pants
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Fancy Pants » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 pm

SAE wrote:Applied early December. Status is still "he have you in our system". Getting annoyed.. :?

Is this normal or something to follow up on?


Normal.

User avatar
AgentSCo
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby AgentSCo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Congratulations to those that have been accepted!

Has anybody else received an acceptance e-mail? I also had my decision rendered on 01/28, but my numbers are low for Cornell.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby SAE » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:
SAE wrote:Applied early December. Status is still "he have you in our system". Getting annoyed.. :?

Is this normal or something to follow up on?


Normal.

I wonder what they are doing up in Ithaca.. Watching youtube videos of dogs on skateboards?

User avatar
vanstone22
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby vanstone22 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:08 pm

applied on 12/28 and have yet to even receive an email from them...anyone else?

waxloaf
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby waxloaf » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:19 pm

SAE wrote:
Fancy Pants wrote:
SAE wrote:Applied early December. Status is still "he have you in our system". Getting annoyed.. :?

Is this normal or something to follow up on?


Normal.

I wonder what they are doing up in Ithaca.. Watching youtube videos of dogs on skateboards?


50%+ app increase this year... those dogs are hilarious though.

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jbrowning82 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:31 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
jbrowning82 wrote:I just got an email telling me that my application was complete and ready for review. Yet my status checker has said that application has been complete since 12/03

Is this email just their way of saying it is being reviewed now?

I don't have an answer to your question (I'm not sure we've seen enough movement from Cornell to discern a pattern), but can I ask you when you're "applied" date was, prior to going complete? Just trying to gauge how fast their moving through the glut of apps they're getting this year.


I applied on 12/2

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jbrowning82 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Just seeing not that my status has since changed to updated: complete 1/28/10

That sucks. Looks like I'll be waiting until at least march

ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ccs224 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Just got the letter from my 1/28 decision - waitlisted. Kind of surprised; I was expecting to have a better shot at Cornell, but oh well.

jfonz
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jfonz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Does anyone have a sense for the wait time between the "Complete" e-mail and RD decisions? It looks like one or two have been as short as two weeks, some slightly longer.

ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ccs224 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:13 pm

jfonz wrote:It looks like one or two have been as short as two weeks, some slightly longer.


That seems to be about it. I went complete 1/14, after having been "in the system" since early November, and had my decision rendered 1/28.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby starrydecisus » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Complete email 1/7/10,

Just got accepted via email today!

lawschoolftw
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby lawschoolftw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:33 pm

decision rendered as of 1/28. I just wanna know already, ugh. I have no admiited students link at the bottom so I doubt I'm in. Just let me know now please Cornell please.

edit:: congrats to those who were accepted.

User avatar
Snoopy1216
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Snoopy1216 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Sorry to hear about the decision... Stats if you don't mind?

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
jbrowning82 wrote:I just got an email telling me that my application was complete and ready for review. Yet my status checker has said that application has been complete since 12/03

Is this email just their way of saying it is being reviewed now?

I don't have an answer to your question (I'm not sure we've seen enough movement from Cornell to discern a pattern), but can I ask you when you're "applied" date was, prior to going complete? Just trying to gauge how fast their moving through the glut of apps they're getting this year.


I applied on 12/2

Thanks. I was right after that (12/3), so we should get a good sense if they're actually going through these and acknowledging them as "complete" in the order they arrived, or if going "complete" just means they're a couple weeks away from a decision, as suggested upthread.

Babushka9
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Babushka9 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Also put on reserve. 167/3.7

Applied: late november
Complete: 1/14
Decision: 1/28




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests