Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
como

Silver
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby como » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:36 pm

jbaritot wrote:Hey all, I applied mid-December (Dec. LSAT taker), and have yet to receive a status checker. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I call the admissions office? I just find it odd that I haven't heard from them after an entire month. Thanks!


I would just be patient. The applications are up like 40% this cycle. They are likely swamped.

ccs224

Bronze
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ccs224 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:20 pm

So, I applied way back in early November and have been "Complete - your application is in our system, etc" on the status checker for ever. Then, today I received two emails from Cornell letting me know, "your application for admission to Cornell Law School is complete and ready for committee review." Anyone else get this?

User avatar
rhapsodyinazul

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby rhapsodyinazul » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:29 pm

FINALLY went complete today; been stuck at applied since 11/17.

User avatar
Gwen

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Gwen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:46 am

I'm getting impatient. I'm thinking about calling Cornell tomorrow ... I want to be complete!!!

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent

Bronze
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:49 am

Any news from the people held over? When will the holding madness stop? Was it early March that people started getting off the deferral list last year?

User avatar
devilishangelrjp

Bronze
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby devilishangelrjp » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:55 am

caliborn wrote:I'm getting impatient. I'm thinking about calling Cornell tomorrow ... I want to be complete!!!


+1

User avatar
normalien

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:33 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby normalien » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:05 am

Hi all,

I'm a 2L at Cornell, and today I had to stop by Admissions for something. I'm good friends with the adcomms, and one of them told me today, and I quote, CLS saw a "45 per cent" boost in the number of applications this year.

I was floored by that number. She also told me that they're swamped at the moment. Try to be patient...best of luck.

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent

Bronze
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:20 am

I can tell they're swamped. It took the office three weeks to respond to a question! My theory about the application increase is twofold: 1) More applicants in general are applying to law school, and 2) T14ers are BLANKETING the entire T14 this year because of point (1). So, I'm guessing Cornell is seeing lots of stuff they like, and lots of stuff they know won't attend this year.

User avatar
Gwen

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Gwen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 am

normalien wrote:Hi all,

I'm a 2L at Cornell, and today I had to stop by Admissions for something. I'm good friends with the adcomms, and one of them told me today, and I quote, CLS saw a "45 per cent" boost in the number of applications this year.

You should totally put in a good word for me

User avatar
como

Silver
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby como » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:51 am

caliborn wrote:
normalien wrote:Hi all,

I'm a 2L at Cornell, and today I had to stop by Admissions for something. I'm good friends with the adcomms, and one of them told me today, and I quote, CLS saw a "45 per cent" boost in the number of applications this year.

You should totally put in a good word for me


Yea, you totally should 8)

User avatar
devilishangelrjp

Bronze
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby devilishangelrjp » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 am

normalien wrote:Hi all,

I'm a 2L at Cornell, and today I had to stop by Admissions for something. I'm good friends with the adcomms, and one of them told me today, and I quote, CLS saw a "45 per cent" boost in the number of applications this year.

I was floored by that number. She also told me that they're swamped at the moment. Try to be patient...best of luck.


I feel them, but the thing is, I need to know soon so that I can start looking for stuff (apartments, etc.) should I be accepted and choose to attend. I didn't expect a next-day decision, but I kinda want to be moving somewhere in the admissions process.

User avatar
Gwen

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Gwen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 pm

como wrote:
caliborn wrote:
normalien wrote:Hi all,

I'm a 2L at Cornell, and today I had to stop by Admissions for something. I'm good friends with the adcomms, and one of them told me today, and I quote, CLS saw a "45 per cent" boost in the number of applications this year.

You should totally put in a good word for me


Yea, you totally should 8)

You classmate cosigned so now you have no choice :wink:

User avatar
Fancy Pants

Bronze
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Fancy Pants » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:I feel them, but the thing is, I need to know soon so that I can start looking for stuff (apartments, etc.) should I be accepted and choose to attend. I didn't expect a next-day decision, but I kinda want to be moving somewhere in the admissions process.


It's only mid-January. Suck it up.

User avatar
Gwen

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Gwen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:
devilishangelrjp wrote:I feel them, but the thing is, I need to know soon so that I can start looking for stuff (apartments, etc.) should I be accepted and choose to attend. I didn't expect a next-day decision, but I kinda want to be moving somewhere in the admissions process.


It's only mid-January. Suck it up.

User avatar
panda

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby panda » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 pm

why is Cornell more popular this year than last?
not that i'm upset about it, just curious..

dakatz

Gold
Posts: 2422
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dakatz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Got a nice Cornell viewbook in the mail today. Was hoping it was some info on merit scholarship. I wonder when that comes out, because my decision on Cornell would be completely determined by that.

User avatar
como

Silver
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby como » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:58 pm

dakatz wrote:Got a nice Cornell viewbook in the mail today. Was hoping it was some info on merit scholarship. I wonder when that comes out, because my decision on Cornell would be completely determined by that.


I think mine came pretty late. Something like March.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:02 pm

panda wrote:why is Cornell more popular this year than last?
not that i'm upset about it, just curious..


Because you are there.. DUH.

Also, the viewbook was the nicest one I have received so far.

User avatar
Helmholtz

Gold
Posts: 4137
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Withdrew today, was EA->RD deferred earlier in the cycle. Best of luck to everybody still waiting.

User avatar
calicocat

Silver
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Withdrew today, was EA->RD deferred earlier in the cycle. Best of luck to everybody still waiting.


:P that's too bad I hear Ithaca is really nice this time of year

User avatar
im_blue

Gold
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby im_blue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Withdrew today, was EA->RD deferred earlier in the cycle. Best of luck to everybody still waiting.


I'm surprised you hadn't done so as soon as you got into Michigan.

User avatar
calicocat

Silver
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:21 pm

im_blue wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Withdrew today, was EA->RD deferred earlier in the cycle. Best of luck to everybody still waiting.


I'm surprised you hadn't done so as soon as you got into Michigan.


burn helm

User avatar
Helmholtz

Gold
Posts: 4137
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Oli wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Withdrew today, was EA->RD deferred earlier in the cycle. Best of luck to everybody still waiting.


:P that's too bad I hear Ithaca is really nice this time of year


True, I hear the temperature might get all the way up to 30 degrees at some point this month.

User avatar
rockchalk86

Silver
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby rockchalk86 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Oli wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Withdrew today, was EA->RD deferred earlier in the cycle. Best of luck to everybody still waiting.


:P that's too bad I hear Ithaca is really nice this time of year


True, I hear the temperature might get all the way up to 30 degrees at some point this month.


Live an hour away for my americorps stuff and it was 45 today and beautiful. How, I have no idea

User avatar
Cardboardbox

Bronze
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:00 am

Finally went complete today after being "in the system" on 11/17.

Better late than never lol



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: June1234, sssks and 15 guests