Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WhyBother?
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby WhyBother? » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:31 pm

goosey wrote:
Vegas_Rebel wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:I sent in my app on 12/28 and haven't received any email confirmation that Cornell received it...do they have a status checker or let you know when apps are complete at all? (Already went complete at Duke and UVA submitting at the same time)


Cornell has a status checker on their website here: http://support.law.cornell.edu/admissions/status/

It's nearly useless though. Helpfully, it's so far told me that I 'Applied' as of 11/06/09.



same. I was told I would be among the first decisions out when they get back in January, so expecting to hear back soon---cornell as a long shot. miracles have happened though?


How did you get a clue as to when you'd hear back? I just missed the EA deadline, and someone in the admissions office mentioned that they would handle that batch ASAP after the new year, but I didn't take that as an indication that I would hear back about my application at any specific time. I went complete on 11/25.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby goosey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:33 pm

WhyBother? wrote:How did you get a clue as to when you'd hear back? I just missed the EA deadline, and someone in the admissions office mentioned that they would handle that batch ASAP after the new year, but I didn't take that as an indication that I would hear back about my application at any specific time. I went complete on 11/25.




I was trying to get in by EA as well and missed it and was told that there are not many apps complete at the moment and that mine is at the top of the pile (I would imagine yours would be the same, since we applied at the same time) and I would be of the first to hear when they return in january

WhyBother?
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby WhyBother? » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:35 pm

goosey wrote:I was trying to get in by EA as well and missed it and was told that there are not many apps complete at the moment and that mine is at the top of the pile (I would imagine yours would be the same, since we applied at the same time) and I would be of the first to hear when they return in january


Awesome! Thanks! Do you mind if I ask about your stats?

stringerbell
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby stringerbell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Applied in early December and still have not gone complete yet...is this common? Or, should I try to contact Cornell?

beast510
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:30 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby beast510 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Got 159 in Dec. test...still applying for Cornell. When's gonna by my rejection email?

Boro88
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:41 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Boro88 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:40 pm

I have been Status: Applied since 12/01. It seems common, but very frustrating.

Rovias
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Rovias » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Hey everyone, I have been applied RD since 11/25 and called today to ask when the application would be complete etc. etc. She lady said that RD applications would go complete soon within the next couple of weeks with the review process happening during that same time.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Rovias wrote:Hey everyone, I have been applied RD since 11/25 and called today to ask when the application would be complete etc. etc. She lady said that RD applications would go complete soon within the next couple of weeks with the review process happening during that same time.

Awesome! Thanks for the info I've been dying to know (@ Applied since 11/20)

Geist13
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Geist13 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 pm

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Applied 11/13, status checker at "Applied" since 11/20. I emailed them a couple weeks ago just to make sure I hadn't omitted anything from my application. They basically said the status of non-EA applicants wouldn't be updated until they had gotten through the EA pile.

sjsteece
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby sjsteece » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:15 am

Hang in there. I applied EA last year but one of my LORs didn't make it to Ithaca until 2 days after the deadline, so that put me at the top of the RD pile. I got my letter on January 8th- so it shouldn't be long now!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Do the acceptance packages include scholarship information, or does that come later in a separate letter?

dgb87
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dgb87 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Finally went complete today...applied 11/12...

Eazy E
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:24 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Eazy E » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Complete today, submitted in October. Any sign's a good sign at this point.

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Kiersten1985 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Do the acceptance packages include scholarship information, or does that come later in a separate letter?


+1 I remember reading way back that people were encourage to apply for certain scholarships. Was this mentioned in the actual acceptance letter or elsewhere in the acceptance packet?

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:10 pm

If anyones curious, I just talked to a very nice lady in the admissions office who told me that in the past, EA-deferred candidates are NOT reviewed after the RD applicants, and the office usually switches back and forth between batches, "to be fair."

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby gymboree » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Pearalegal wrote:If anyones curious, I just talked to a very nice lady in the admissions office who told me that in the past, EA-deferred candidates are NOT reviewed after the RD applicants, and the office usually switches back and forth between batches, "to be fair."


Thank goodness. Switch back to my EA deferred pile, please!!!

T14forME
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby T14forME » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:24 am

Submitted in early November...finally complete. Another 8-12 weeks? Sigh...

User avatar
Gwen
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Gwen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:49 pm

Checking in, I submitted a couple weeks ago and hope I'll go complete soon :mrgreen:

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Can your app go complete before they receive the Dean's Certification form? I am heading back to school today and plan to bring the form to the Dean's office on Monday...will they not classify my app as complete until the form reaches Ithaca? (Sent in my application on 12/28 after I got my December LSAT score)

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MirandaHobbes » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:19 pm

gymboree wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:If anyones curious, I just talked to a very nice lady in the admissions office who told me that in the past, EA-deferred candidates are NOT reviewed after the RD applicants, and the office usually switches back and forth between batches, "to be fair."


Thank goodness. Switch back to my EA deferred pile, please!!!


+1

User avatar
Gwen
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Gwen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Can your app go complete before they receive the Dean's Certification form? I am heading back to school today and plan to bring the form to the Dean's office on Monday...will they not classify my app as complete until the form reaches Ithaca? (Sent in my application on 12/28 after I got my December LSAT score)

You should probably call or e-mail the school and ask

jocelyne
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jocelyne » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:21 am

...
Last edited by jocelyne on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Bikeflip » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:23 am

May as well sign in. 168 3.87. Applied late.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6384
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 5ky » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:39 am

jocelyne wrote:For those of you who got in, was the Dean's Scholarship info mentioned in your letter?


Some of us, yes. Nobody's quite sure how many people got that...our best guess is somewhere around 125-150.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby SanBun » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:30 pm

What's the best way to get to Cornell, from NYC? I'm gonna be in the city for a while and wanna visit... anyone have information on that?
appreciate it!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Google Adsense [Bot], lillawyer2, mm2368, notsolawful, Solidfood, TudoBem and 15 guests