Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
najumobi

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:58 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Sigh, I knew I should have just waited for the letter instead of calling. First rejection. :cry:

Sorry to hear that Nancy.

It's ok. Kinda stings a little, but I don't think I really wanted to go to Ithaca, anyway. I'm still set on NU, so we'll see how that goes.

yeah...NU is definitely more splitter-friendly than cornell and also takes WE more into consideration.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:58 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
I know Nancy called and the actual letter wouldn't have gotten there til next week, but why even take the chance? Just don't answer the phone today and risk ruining someone's Christmas

Meh, my own fault for calling. But at the same time, I think that knowing they had made a decision, but not knowing what it was would ruin my Christmas more, because it's all I'd be able to think about. This way, it's like I ripped the band-aid off. Now I can go celebrate the holiday with my family and not think about it.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:00 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
I know Nancy called and the actual letter wouldn't have gotten there til next week, but why even take the chance? Just don't answer the phone today and risk ruining someone's Christmas

Meh, my own fault for calling. But at the same time, I think that knowing they had made a decision, but not knowing what it was would ruin my Christmas more, because it's all I'd be able to think about. This way, it's like I ripped the band-aid off. Now I can go celebrate the holiday with my family and not think about it.

That's true. Good luck with NU!

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:02 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Sigh, I knew I should have just waited for the letter instead of calling. First rejection. :cry:

I can't believe they would give out rejections on Christmas Eve...

+1 I didn't even think of that, where do they get off?

Well, I'm the one who called, and she did ask if I wanted to hear it over the phone after stating that the letter had gone out. So it seems like they are mailing them today, but most people won't get them until at least, what, Monday?

True, true. I guess they set themselves up for this situation when they promised to have everyone's decision by today.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:03 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:That's true. Good luck with NU!

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm off to get this holiday stuff started, so have a Merry Christmas everyone!

--ImageRemoved--

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm a borderline candidate and still EAC 11/20. No way am I calling to get the bad news. Doesn't seem like any at this point are acceptances.

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 pm

Last edited by beesknees on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawgal2010

Postby lawgal2010 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 pm

i know this was answered before but what is the difference between a reserve and a deferral? i am still unclear with this.

i was EAC 11/13, and just called to find out i was put on reserve. pretty much what i was expecting.

also, has anyone gotten waitlisted at this point?

GL to all those other EA peeps

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:50 pm

lawgal2010 wrote:i know this was answered before but what is the difference between a reserve and a deferral? i am still unclear with this.

i was EAC 11/13, and just called to find out i was put on reserve. pretty much what i was expecting.

there is no official waitlist until this summer. for EA peeps if you don't get in or get rejected, your app will be reviewed again in march. whether "reserved" or "deferred", it just means you won't be looked at again for another couple of months.
Last edited by najumobi on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdhopeful23

Postby jdhopeful23 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:51 pm

I keep getting a message when I call... How has everyone who has called gotten through to speak with someone?

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:59 pm

najumobi wrote:
lawgal2010 wrote:i know this was answered before but what is the difference between a reserve and a deferral? i am still unclear with this.

there is no official waitlist until this summer. for EA peeps if you don't get in or get rejected, your app will be reviewed again in march. whether "reserved" or "deferred", it just means you won't be looked at again for another couple of months.

Whaaat? I think a rejection means you're out of the running now, and in March.

anmo

Postby anmo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
najumobi wrote:

Maybe that should be read unless you got in or were rejected. Maybe?

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
najumobi wrote:

woops. i was just saying that if you weren't admitted or rejected that means a final decision hasn't been made regarding your file, therefore you'd be reviewed again.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:27 pm

najumobi wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:
najumobi wrote:

woops. i was just saying that if you weren't admitted or rejected that means a final decision hasn't been made regarding your file, therefore you'd be reviewed again.

Ok. That's what I figured. :wink:

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:42 pm

beef wellington wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

I can't believe they would give out rejections on Christmas Eve...

+1 I didn't even think of that, where do they get off?

sooner the better imo, whatever the decision may be

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Pretty sure now that between Desert Fox, NancyBotwin and hopefulundergrad that I would have been out if my ED hadn't negated the decision.

hoopsguy6

Postby hoopsguy6 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:47 pm

Got the acceptance letter! Decision rendered 12/17, but didn't check the mail till today. EA complete 11/6.

kcg171

Postby kcg171 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:10 am

hoopsguy6 wrote:Got the acceptance letter! Decision rendered 12/17, but didn't check the mail till today. EA complete 11/6.

Did you get an email?

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:12 am

is there a difference between deferred and reserve?

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:13 am

I just went DR a few minutes ago. Claims it was reached 12/22. I'm guessing rejection.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:19 am

SanBun wrote:is there a difference between deferred and reserve?

no. it all means they've kicked the can down the road regarding your application, and will make a final decision at a later date.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:21 am

najumobi wrote:
SanBun wrote:is there a difference between deferred and reserve?

no. it all means they've kicked the can down the road regarding your application, and will make a final decision at a later date.

thanks najumobi!

In the spirit of spreading the joy
MERRY CHRISTMAS CORNELL PEEPZ!
I know it's all super stressful, but I also know it's all gonna work out for us- you guys are some of the smartest people I've ever 'met' (yes, it's that obvious I can tell through cyber space :) )

TLSlove, SanBun aka Rainer Maria Rilke:
"Believe that with your feelings and your work you are taking part in the greatest; the more strongly you cultivate this belief, the more will reality and the world go forth from it. "

hoopsguy6

Postby hoopsguy6 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:34 am

kcg171 wrote:
hoopsguy6 wrote:Got the acceptance letter! Decision rendered 12/17, but didn't check the mail till today. EA complete 11/6.

Did you get an email?

Nope, no email.

kcg171

Postby kcg171 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:35 am

hoopsguy6 wrote:
kcg171 wrote:

Did you get an email?

Nope, no email.

yay! you just gave me some hope!

hockeylawyer

Postby hockeylawyer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 am

Status checker says decision made....will receive letter 10-14 days I assume this means rejection? and if you get an email this usually means your accepted, right?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”