Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mxc
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby mxc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:23 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Anyone notice how on the LSN graph there's a big empty space around <3.4 and >170? Are they EVER going to get to the splitters? Or have all the splitters who've received "decisions" been deferred? :?

Scratch that, I think I just answered my own question:

http://cornell.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/0910/?lsat2=180&lsatR=true&lsat1=170&lgpa1=1.00&lgpa2=3.40&urm=Excluded&status=3,4,5,6,7,8&type=jd&sort=sent

Someone awhile back in this thread said they got accepted and they were a splitter.

jerjon2
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jerjon2 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Has anyone gotten an e-mail indicating admission but not had their status checker change? (I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet, but the e-mail said it was coming)

Nevermind, I just saw previous posts with people in the same situation...

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:28 pm

My roommate just informed me that I got a regular (number 10) sized envelope from Cornell in the mail today. I think that's the nail in the defer/reject coffin for me. Dammit!

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 09042014 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:30 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Anyone notice how on the LSN graph there's a big empty space around <3.4 and >170? Are they EVER going to get to the splitters? Or have all the splitters who've received "decisions" been deferred? :?


If I were a law school I'd let it splitters last too. Figure out how many you need to make your LSAT goal, then let them in one at a time.


Well yeah, but a lot of us are EA, so you'd think they'd have deferred us if that were the case. But look at the link above - nada.


I wonder if they are trying to figure out if they can raise their 75%LSAT. Because 168 is really embarrassing.

Otherwise it might be that they don't like splitters but need us, and that makes them hate us.

User avatar
monkeygirl
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Status checker changed this morning to "decision rendered 12/14."

No email, and now I must fight the urge to run home and check my mailbox, which I know will be empty because mail gets to freakin' NAMIBIA before it gets to my part of Brooklyn.

bah.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby romothesavior » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:31 pm

IN AT CORNELL! GOING CRAZY!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!

Its strange, because my status checker didn't change. EAC 11/16

168/3.7+

Congrats to everyone else and best of luck to those of you still waiting!

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 pm

monkeygirl wrote:Status checker changed this morning to "decision rendered 12/14."

No email, and now I must fight the urge to run home and check my mailbox, which I know will be empty because mail gets to freakin' NAMIBIA before it gets to my part of Brooklyn.

bah.


I'm in Queens FWIW. DR 12/14, no email, letter arrived today. I'm assuming it's defer/reject.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:38 pm

danidancer wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:Status checker changed this morning to "decision rendered 12/14."

No email, and now I must fight the urge to run home and check my mailbox, which I know will be empty because mail gets to freakin' NAMIBIA before it gets to my part of Brooklyn.

bah.


I'm in Queens FWIW. DR 12/14, no email, letter arrived today. I'm assuming it's defer/reject.

i think the most recent DR dates have been much more of a mixed bag of decisions than the ones 2 or 3 weeks ago.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 09042014 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Anyone notice how on the LSN graph there's a big empty space around <3.4 and >170? Are they EVER going to get to the splitters? Or have all the splitters who've received "decisions" been deferred? :?


If I were a law school I'd let it splitters last too. Figure out how many you need to make your LSAT goal, then let them in one at a time.


Well yeah, but a lot of us are EA, so you'd think they'd have deferred us if that were the case. But look at the link above - nada.


If I was on the bitter pessimism thread, I'd say they are waiting to reject us on Christmas Eve.

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 pm

najumobi wrote:
danidancer wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:Status checker changed this morning to "decision rendered 12/14."

No email, and now I must fight the urge to run home and check my mailbox, which I know will be empty because mail gets to freakin' NAMIBIA before it gets to my part of Brooklyn.

bah.


I'm in Queens FWIW. DR 12/14, no email, letter arrived today. I'm assuming it's defer/reject.

i think the most recent DR dates have been much more of a mixed bag of decisions than the ones 2 or 3 weeks ago.



that's right, it's a mixed bag.

User avatar
monkeygirl
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 pm

hv1 wrote:
najumobi wrote:
danidancer wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:Status checker changed this morning to "decision rendered 12/14."

No email, and now I must fight the urge to run home and check my mailbox, which I know will be empty because mail gets to freakin' NAMIBIA before it gets to my part of Brooklyn.

bah.


I'm in Queens FWIW. DR 12/14, no email, letter arrived today. I'm assuming it's defer/reject.

i think the most recent DR dates have been much more of a mixed bag of decisions than the ones 2 or 3 weeks ago.



that's right, it's a mixed bag.


I'm just impatient-this process has brought some of my less pleasant character traits to light.
What do the acceptance envelopes look like BTW?

edited-dumb typo

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Dignan wrote:I'm accepted! And I am under consideration for the Dean's scholarship.


Letter or email.

apparentlymargarita
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby apparentlymargarita » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:02 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Any 11/5 still waiting? Besides me, of course.



Meeee!


I'm still EAC 10/26 :? Not sure what this means...

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Dignan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:06 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Dignan wrote:I'm accepted! And I am under consideration for the Dean's scholarship.


Letter or email.

I called this afternoon. I didn't get an email and, according to the admissions office, I probably won't receive my postal letter until next week.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 pm

bfinlayson wrote:my mail says it got pushed to my bb at 1:56 EST. status checker still says EAC complete at 11/13.

they really must be looking at applications holistically because i know i have a worse LSAT score than a lot of y'all who got deferred. everyone on team 11/13 with deferrals should not give up hope, because i want that dang t-shirt.


Congratulations! Go team 11/13!

If I get in, everyone gets t-shirts, even those who end up getting dinged! and if i end up getting dinged i want a tshirt

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 pm

Dignan wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
Dignan wrote:I'm accepted! And I am under consideration for the Dean's scholarship.


Letter or email.

I called this afternoon. I didn't get an email and, according to the admissions office, I probably won't receive my postal letter until next week.


this is interesting,

so if anyone else is EAC, they might as well call tomorrow and see what's up

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:14 pm

In via email!

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:19 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
bfinlayson wrote:my mail says it got pushed to my bb at 1:56 EST. status checker still says EAC complete at 11/13.

they really must be looking at applications holistically because i know i have a worse LSAT score than a lot of y'all who got deferred. everyone on team 11/13 with deferrals should not give up hope, because i want that dang t-shirt.


Congratulations! Go team 11/13!

If I get in, everyone gets t-shirts, even those who end up getting dinged! and if i end up getting dinged i want a tshirt


Seriously. I'm still Team 11/13 even though I moved into the deferred thread.

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby gymboree » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:In via email!


Congrats Tangerine!

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Dignan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:27 pm

hv1 wrote:
Dignan wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
Dignan wrote:I'm accepted! And I am under consideration for the Dean's scholarship.


Letter or email.

I called this afternoon. I didn't get an email and, according to the admissions office, I probably won't receive my postal letter until next week.


this is interesting,

so if anyone else is EAC, they might as well call tomorrow and see what's up

For the record, I am not EAC. My status checker changed to DR 12/14 last night at midnight.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:29 pm

najumobi wrote:
danidancer wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:Status checker changed this morning to "decision rendered 12/14."

No email, and now I must fight the urge to run home and check my mailbox, which I know will be empty because mail gets to freakin' NAMIBIA before it gets to my part of Brooklyn.

bah.


I'm in Queens FWIW. DR 12/14, no email, letter arrived today. I'm assuming it's defer/reject.

i think the most recent DR dates have been much more of a mixed bag of decisions than the ones 2 or 3 weeks ago.



Yes, but acceptances come in giant packets, correct? My roommate confirmed that this is a normal, number 10, sized envelope. That plus the no email is pretty incriminating...

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Dignan wrote:
hv1 wrote:
this is interesting,

so if anyone else is EAC, they might as well call tomorrow and see what's up

For the record, I am not EAC. My status checker changed to DR 12/14 last night at midnight.


Gotcha. thought it was the other way around.

User avatar
monkeygirl
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Normal size envelope (with inspirational BS on the back flap)=deferral

At least in my case. Trying to decide whether to withdraw.
The thing that perplexes me is that they reached out to me a month ago, asking me to change my status to EA.

Go figure.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:37 pm

monkeygirl wrote:Normal size envelope (with inspirational BS on the back flap)=deferral

At least in my case. Trying to decide whether to withdraw.
The thing that perplexes me is that they reached out to me a month ago, asking me to change my status to EA.

Go figure.

the people who reached out to you (front office) are not the same people who make decisions on your app. the front office has no idea what the prospects are for you application. they ask everyone applying RD before the EA deadline whether they would like to get reviewed earlier under EA.

User avatar
monkeygirl
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:39 pm

najumobi wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:Normal size envelope (with inspirational BS on the back flap)=deferral

At least in my case. Trying to decide whether to withdraw.
The thing that perplexes me is that they reached out to me a month ago, asking me to change my status to EA.

Go figure.

the people who reached out to you (front office) are not the same people who make decisions on your app. the front office has no idea what the prospects are for you application. they ask everyone applying RD before the EA deadline whether they would like to get reviewed earlier under EA.


Ah-I see your point. Thanks!

Still wondering whether I should withdraw or just not write a LOCI, though.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barelyouthere, Christinabruin, dasq5511, itsmako, JazzyMac, PrezRand and 9 guests