Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mxc

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby mxc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:23 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Anyone notice how on the LSN graph there's a big empty space around <3.4 and >170? Are they EVER going to get to the splitters? Or have all the splitters who've received "decisions" been deferred? :?

Scratch that, I think I just answered my own question:

http://cornell.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/0910/?lsat2=180&lsatR=true&lsat1=170&lgpa1=1.00&lgpa2=3.40&urm=Excluded&status=3,4,5,6,7,8&type=jd&sort=sent

Someone awhile back in this thread said they got accepted and they were a splitter.

jerjon2

Postby jerjon2 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Has anyone gotten an e-mail indicating admission but not had their status checker change? (I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet, but the e-mail said it was coming)

Nevermind, I just saw previous posts with people in the same situation...

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:28 pm

My roommate just informed me that I got a regular (number 10) sized envelope from Cornell in the mail today. I think that's the nail in the defer/reject coffin for me. Dammit!

Postby 09042014 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:30 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Anyone notice how on the LSN graph there's a big empty space around <3.4 and >170? Are they EVER going to get to the splitters? Or have all the splitters who've received "decisions" been deferred? :?

If I were a law school I'd let it splitters last too. Figure out how many you need to make your LSAT goal, then let them in one at a time.

Well yeah, but a lot of us are EA, so you'd think they'd have deferred us if that were the case. But look at the link above - nada.

I wonder if they are trying to figure out if they can raise their 75%LSAT. Because 168 is really embarrassing.

Otherwise it might be that they don't like splitters but need us, and that makes them hate us.

monkeygirl

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Status checker changed this morning to "decision rendered 12/14."

No email, and now I must fight the urge to run home and check my mailbox, which I know will be empty because mail gets to freakin' NAMIBIA before it gets to my part of Brooklyn.

bah.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:31 pm

IN AT CORNELL! GOING CRAZY!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!

Its strange, because my status checker didn't change. EAC 11/16

168/3.7+

Congrats to everyone else and best of luck to those of you still waiting!

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 pm

monkeygirl wrote:Status checker changed this morning to "decision rendered 12/14."

No email, and now I must fight the urge to run home and check my mailbox, which I know will be empty because mail gets to freakin' NAMIBIA before it gets to my part of Brooklyn.

bah.

I'm in Queens FWIW. DR 12/14, no email, letter arrived today. I'm assuming it's defer/reject.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:38 pm

danidancer wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:Status checker changed this morning to "decision rendered 12/14."

bah.

I'm in Queens FWIW. DR 12/14, no email, letter arrived today. I'm assuming it's defer/reject.

i think the most recent DR dates have been much more of a mixed bag of decisions than the ones 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

If I were a law school I'd let it splitters last too. Figure out how many you need to make your LSAT goal, then let them in one at a time.

Well yeah, but a lot of us are EA, so you'd think they'd have deferred us if that were the case. But look at the link above - nada.

If I was on the bitter pessimism thread, I'd say they are waiting to reject us on Christmas Eve.

hv1

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 pm

najumobi wrote:
danidancer wrote:

bah.

i think the most recent DR dates have been much more of a mixed bag of decisions than the ones 2 or 3 weeks ago.

that's right, it's a mixed bag.

monkeygirl

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 pm

hv1 wrote:
najumobi wrote:
danidancer wrote:

bah.

that's right, it's a mixed bag.

I'm just impatient-this process has brought some of my less pleasant character traits to light.
What do the acceptance envelopes look like BTW?

edited-dumb typo

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Dignan wrote:I'm accepted! And I am under consideration for the Dean's scholarship.

Letter or email.

apparentlymargarita

Postby apparentlymargarita » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:02 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Any 11/5 still waiting? Besides me, of course.

Meeee!

I'm still EAC 10/26 :? Not sure what this means...

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:06 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Dignan wrote:I'm accepted! And I am under consideration for the Dean's scholarship.

Letter or email.

I called this afternoon. I didn't get an email and, according to the admissions office, I probably won't receive my postal letter until next week.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 pm

bfinlayson wrote:my mail says it got pushed to my bb at 1:56 EST. status checker still says EAC complete at 11/13.

they really must be looking at applications holistically because i know i have a worse LSAT score than a lot of y'all who got deferred. everyone on team 11/13 with deferrals should not give up hope, because i want that dang t-shirt.

Congratulations! Go team 11/13!

If I get in, everyone gets t-shirts, even those who end up getting dinged! and if i end up getting dinged i want a tshirt

hv1

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 pm

Dignan wrote:
CyLaw wrote:

Letter or email.

I called this afternoon. I didn't get an email and, according to the admissions office, I probably won't receive my postal letter until next week.

this is interesting,

so if anyone else is EAC, they might as well call tomorrow and see what's up

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:14 pm

In via email!

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:19 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
bfinlayson wrote:my mail says it got pushed to my bb at 1:56 EST. status checker still says EAC complete at 11/13.

they really must be looking at applications holistically because i know i have a worse LSAT score than a lot of y'all who got deferred. everyone on team 11/13 with deferrals should not give up hope, because i want that dang t-shirt.

Congratulations! Go team 11/13!

If I get in, everyone gets t-shirts, even those who end up getting dinged! and if i end up getting dinged i want a tshirt

Seriously. I'm still Team 11/13 even though I moved into the deferred thread.

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:In via email!

Congrats Tangerine!

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:27 pm

hv1 wrote:
Dignan wrote:
CyLaw wrote:

Letter or email.

this is interesting,

For the record, I am not EAC. My status checker changed to DR 12/14 last night at midnight.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:29 pm

najumobi wrote:
danidancer wrote:

bah.

Yes, but acceptances come in giant packets, correct? My roommate confirmed that this is a normal, number 10, sized envelope. That plus the no email is pretty incriminating...

hv1

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Dignan wrote:
hv1 wrote:
this is interesting,

For the record, I am not EAC. My status checker changed to DR 12/14 last night at midnight.

Gotcha. thought it was the other way around.

monkeygirl

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Normal size envelope (with inspirational BS on the back flap)=deferral

At least in my case. Trying to decide whether to withdraw.
The thing that perplexes me is that they reached out to me a month ago, asking me to change my status to EA.

Go figure.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:37 pm

monkeygirl wrote:Normal size envelope (with inspirational BS on the back flap)=deferral

The thing that perplexes me is that they reached out to me a month ago, asking me to change my status to EA.

Go figure.

the people who reached out to you (front office) are not the same people who make decisions on your app. the front office has no idea what the prospects are for you application. they ask everyone applying RD before the EA deadline whether they would like to get reviewed earlier under EA.

monkeygirl

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:39 pm

najumobi wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:Normal size envelope (with inspirational BS on the back flap)=deferral

Go figure.

the people who reached out to you (front office) are not the same people who make decisions on your app. the front office has no idea what the prospects are for you application. they ask everyone applying RD before the EA deadline whether they would like to get reviewed earlier under EA.

Ah-I see your point. Thanks!

Still wondering whether I should withdraw or just not write a LOCI, though.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”