Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
avacado111

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:48 pm

dakatz wrote:
avacado111 wrote:12/2 is AROUND THE CORNER. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What is supposed to happen on 12/2?

DR according to last year to those were accepted on lsn. lol.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

galahad85

Postby galahad85 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:58 pm

krispykitten wrote:
avacado111 wrote:
dakatz wrote:

What is supposed to happen on 12/2?

DR according to last year to those were accepted on lsn. lol.

DR? Decision rendered?

Yes.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:01 pm

That corner is still far too far away for my taste. I would be less anxious about a decision from Cornell if Willa Cather hadn't bent me over in the final section of June's LSAT and used the Koch Curve to make me her bitch.

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:02 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:

That corner is still far too far away for my taste. I would be less anxious about a decision from Cornell if Willa Cather hadn't bent me over in the final section of June's LSAT and used the Koch Curve to make me her bitch.

willa cather= the worst bitch in lsat history. lol.

Koch curves are cute tho.

galahad85

Postby galahad85 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:06 pm

avacado111 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:

willa cather= the worst bitch in lsat history. lol.

I have no problem with Willa Cather - but those colored dinosaurs violated me in unspeakable ways.

snickersnicker

Postby snickersnicker » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:08 pm

We read a few essays about Cather in my Philosophy and Narrative class last week. Ugggggggggggggh.

Anyway, withdrawing from Cornell per ED acceptance elsewhere.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:08 pm

snickersnicker wrote:We read a few essays about Cather in my Philosophy and Narrative class last week. Ugggggggggggggh.

Anyway, withdrawing from Cornell per ED acceptance elsewhere.

quit rubbing it in my face!!! :wink:

HaleyB88

Postby HaleyB88 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:09 pm

crackberry wrote:
cougarlive wrote:Speaking of, what are the student gym facilities like at Cornell? Does it cost extra to use them? Did you guys know about the squash court at Cornell's law school building?

Does it cost extra to use the gym at any school in the T-25? If so, I will immediately cross such schools off my list. We are paying them $200,000. The least they can do is give us a "free" gym membership.

I'm at Cornell for undergrad and I can tell you that the gym facilities are not free. There are two Cornell gyms in reasonable proximity to the law school and the university fee is something like $145/yr for access to the gyms. There is a squash court in the law school but its really old and is more of an amusing novelty than something suitable for regular use....the law school does not have its own gym. The Cornell gyms kind of suck because if you are looking to use a cardio machine there is usually a wait and max time limit of 30min....so you basically have to reserve a time slot to use a machine....kind of annoying.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:14 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:19 pm

krispykitten wrote:
galahad85 wrote:
avacado111 wrote:willa cather= the worst bitch in lsat history. lol.

I have no problem with Willa Cather - but those colored dinosaurs violated me in unspeakable ways.

+1. Fucking Barney and his dino crew

See, I (somehow) owned the dinos. But I had the experimental reading section as my third section, and then Willa et al as my final section and she beat me like a rented mule.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:32 pm

HaleyB88 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
cougarlive wrote:Speaking of, what are the student gym facilities like at Cornell? Does it cost extra to use them? Did you guys know about the squash court at Cornell's law school building?

Does it cost extra to use the gym at any school in the T-25? If so, I will immediately cross such schools off my list. We are paying them $200,000. The least they can do is give us a "free" gym membership.

I'm at Cornell for undergrad and I can tell you that the gym facilities are not free. There are two Cornell gyms in reasonable proximity to the law school and the university fee is something like $145/yr for access to the gyms. There is a squash court in the law school but its really old and is more of an amusing novelty than something suitable for regular use....the law school does not have its own gym. The Cornell gyms kind of suck because if you are looking to use a cardio machine there is usually a wait and max time limit of 30min....so you basically have to reserve a time slot to use a machine....kind of annoying.

Wow that is totally outrageous. Maybe I was spoiled going to a UG with incredible D1 sports teams. We had an amazing gym and it was "free" as far as something can be free when I'm paying $45K/year in tuition...

Do most schools require you to pay for gym access? And are most schools' gyms laughably bad?

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:37 pm

crackberry wrote:
HaleyB88 wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Wow that is totally outrageous. Maybe I was spoiled going to a UG with incredible D1 sports teams. We had an amazing gym and it was "free" as far as something can be free when I'm paying $45K/year in tuition...

Do most schools require you to pay for gym access? And are most schools' gyms laughably bad?

The gym is totally bad ass and free (included in tuition) at georgetown

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:47 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beebs

Postby beebs » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 am

wackjickham wrote:
beebs wrote:I've tried to have my co-workers negatively reinforce my status checking. If they catch me, they are allowed to slap me.

[psychology major geekiness] That's positive punishment, not negative reinforcement [/psychology major geekiness]

Forgive my corrections, I'm just annoyed by the fact that I haven't gone to Decision

Haha - love it.

Psych was the only course in college I ever got a C in.

I guess it shows. :wink:

somethingclever

Postby somethingclever » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:36 am

finalaspects wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
somethingclever wrote:Decision 11/20 - Oh dear god. Deep breaths.

This is my first decision. The suspense is unreal.

Do you mind sharing your stats?

They're in her profile.

Thanks, wonder when she went complete...

Complete email on 10/20, later than some of the other TLSers. Sorry for the delayed response, limited internet access lately.

Is the general consensus that the first batch is all admits? I'm still waiting on Georgetown who has been sending admits like crazy (although this week will probably start rejections) and it gets more painful by the day. I like Cornell more anyway and anything to make it a more hopeful suspense is welcomed. :lol:

I'm optimistic.

Oh and my stats are pretty avg for Cornell. However I have six years work experience and some pretty solid softs, so that might make me a little different than other folks who are applying closer to undergrad - for better or worse.

bullfighter

Postby bullfighter » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:02 am

in the system... and ... in the system... Smile on me Cornell, I am falling in love with your blood red gothic viewbooks...

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:18 am

bullfighter wrote:in the system... and ... in the system... Smile on me Cornell, I am falling in love with your blood red gothic viewbooks...

is cornell your second preference? I see nyu in your list of schools

bullfighter

Postby bullfighter » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:31 am

najumobi wrote:is cornell your second preference? I see nyu in your list of schools

either would make me really happy. After improving on a retake I think I got a shot of perspective when I saw how much the game changed. Cornell is beautiful, close, and small. I keep talking to people about the schools I applied to and every time that I get to the end I open up the Cornell viewbook to the picture of the library. That + coffee= perfect.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:57 am

bullfighter wrote:
najumobi wrote:is cornell your second preference? I see nyu in your list of schools

either would make me really happy. After improving on a retake I think I got a shot of perspective when I saw how much the game changed. Cornell is beautiful, close, and small. I keep talking to people about the schools I applied to and every time that I get to the end I open up the Cornell viewbook to the picture of the library. That + coffee= perfect.

Mind if I modify that a bit? That + Coffee + Not having a thousand undergraduates bombard the reading room while you're trying to study there = Perfect.

(In case you don't know what I'm talking about, the Michigan Law reading room, while perhaps the most beautiful in the nation, is definitely NOT available as a viable study place for the law students. Although they keep it quiet, it was known as "the zoo" back in the old days. Ah, public schools...)

-HL

bullfighter

Postby bullfighter » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:Mind if I modify that a bit? That + Coffee + Not having a thousand undergraduates bombard the reading room while you're trying to study there = Perfect.

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

that would not be fun... and I can't imagine it would happen at ithaca in this or any other universe.

march319

Postby march319 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Has anyone who applied EA to Cornell been accepted yet?

And, near December 12th is when we can expect decisions? Or before that?

ebc0017

Postby ebc0017 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:14 am

As of 11/24/09 - Decision Rendered.
10/20 - Complete

Anyone else's status checker say this?

What to make of it?

JCSrider

Postby JCSrider » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:53 am

As of 11/24/09 - EA Decision...please wait 10~14 days to recieve your written decision....
I am getting nervous...

laolbjob

Postby laolbjob » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:47 am

JCSrider wrote:As of 11/24/09 - EA Decision...please wait 10~14 days to recieve your written decision....
I am getting nervous...

CONGRATS!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”