Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
iamthewalrus

New

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by iamthewalrus » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:53 am

Any other EAC 11/23's out there? I thought their cut-off date was 11/16?

dudester

Bronze

Post by dudester » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:55 am

goodolgil wrote:Since my checker never updated, it's hard for me to know when they actually made my decision. My numbers are 169 3.85.

I def think that anyone who is still EAC should call now.

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:56 am

goodolgil wrote:Just do it. It takes like two seconds to look it up and the woman couldn't be nicer.
Nah, because if there's still no decision, then I'll need to call them again. I don't want to bug them about this more than once, so I'll just wait until I'm sure a decision has been rendered.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:02 am

Well, suit yourselves I guess. I'm happy I called.

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:03 am

krispykitten wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:also placed on reserve to be considered in march.
169/3.5
Hey there twinner. I guess write LOCIs and hope for the best?
That's the plan. I'm a little bummed, but glad I'm in good company. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:22 am

IN!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Gorges Gorges Gorges.

EDIT: DR on 12/14.
Last edited by tamlyric on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

anmo

New

Post by anmo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:23 am

Still EAC 11/9... BUT I CALLED :twisted: and I'm IN! Super nice over the phone. I called just asking when I could expect my letter since I was going home for a couple weeks on Friday and she said something to the effect of, "Oh, well I have an update for you that I can give over the phone." Then I said, "That would be great!" Which was followed by, "Congratulations!" *heart stopped*

bfinlayson

New

Post by bfinlayson » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:25 am

do i call? do i call? i'm teetering on the edge. ahhhh

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:25 am

Congrats you guys!!!!

I'm still EAC 11/16, called yesterday but was still in committee. I'm leaving NYC on Wednesday so if I don't hear by then, I'm definitely calling again! Can't wait all through Xmas - I've got pies to bake, damnit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:26 am

smiley wrote:so i saw while randomly browsing the columbia thread that being deferred from ED at columbia is essentially a soft reject, and that no one gets accepted after being deferred ED. anyone know if this is similar for cornell? i don't want my hopes unnecessarily inflated and/or crushed, i'm just looking for an honest answer so i can weigh my chances. is getting deferred EA at cornell a rejection? thanks all!
No, it is NOT a soft reject. I'd speculate that a 1/4 of the class were deferred - maybe more. And at least four people in my section got in off the summer waitlist as well.

I know one person in my section who got in ED who decided to attend. A couple days ago, I was [strike]wasting valuable study time[/strike] looking through last year's ED thread, and many more people who ended up on the final class list were not admitted ED.

Have heart guys. I know it's depressing - I got my deferral last year the day before Christmas, and it sucked. And now, here I am [strike]still wasting valuable study time[/strike] typing from Myron Taylor Hall.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:26 am

anmo wrote:Still EAC 11/9... BUT I CALLED :twisted: and I'm IN! Super nice over the phone. I called just asking when I could expect my letter since I was going home for a couple weeks on Friday and she said something to the effect of, "Oh, well I have an update for you that I can give over the phone." Then I said, "That would be great!" Which was followed by, "Congratulations!" *heart stopped*
Congrats.

It seems to be a common theme where we all just stop listening and our brains shut down right after "Congratulations" on the phone.

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:27 am

mbw wrote:
smiley wrote:so i saw while randomly browsing the columbia thread that being deferred from ED at columbia is essentially a soft reject, and that no one gets accepted after being deferred ED. anyone know if this is similar for cornell? i don't want my hopes unnecessarily inflated and/or crushed, i'm just looking for an honest answer so i can weigh my chances. is getting deferred EA at cornell a rejection? thanks all!
No, it is NOT a soft reject. I'd speculate that a 1/4 of the class were deferred - maybe more. And at least four people in my section got in off the summer waitlist as well.

I know one person in my section who got in ED who decided to attend. A couple days ago, I was [strike]wasting valuable study time[/strike] looking through last year's ED thread, and many more people who ended up on the final class list were not admitted ED.

Have heart guys. I know it's depressing - I got my deferral last year the day before Christmas, and it sucked. And now, here I am [strike]still wasting valuable study time[/strike] typing from Myron Taylor Hall.
What's the temp up there right now? And does the school decorate for the holidays? Please tell me yes. :D

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:30 am

iamthewalrus wrote:Any other EAC 11/23's out there? I thought their cut-off date was 11/16?
Me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:31 am

Kiersten1985 wrote:
mbw wrote:

What's the temp up there right now? And does the school decorate for the holidays? Please tell me yes. :D
1) temp when I arrived this morning was in the high teens (coldest of the year thus far) with light snow.
2) I actually don't know if it's been decorated. I've locked myself away in the first floor of the library for the past ten days, from 8am until 9pm, and generally only need to walk about 20 feet to exit the front door (for food, etc.) I guess I should go look at some point.

tropskys

New

Post by tropskys » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:31 am

iamthewalrus wrote:Any other EAC 11/23's out there? I thought their cut-off date was 11/16?
I am EAC 11/20 but that is because they contacted me in mid-November saying that my application was completed before the EA deadline, so I could be switched to EA instead of regular decision. I spoke to the lady on the 16th I believe and she said the EAC date in my status checker would show later than the EA deadline which was fine.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:32 am

You guys are a bad influence. All right i'ma call...

reserve. Figured. 171 3.2

UFMatt

Bronze

Post by UFMatt » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:36 am

tropskys wrote:
I am EAC 11/20 but that is because they contacted me in mid-November saying that my application was completed before the EA deadline, so I could be switched to EA instead of regular decision. I spoke to the lady on the 16th I believe and she said the EAC date in my status checker would show later than the EA deadline which was fine.
Same for me. My status checker still says EAC 11/20.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

washingtonian

New

Post by washingtonian » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:36 am

congrats to all who have gotten in, and good luck to those on WL and reserve.... this makes me realllllly nervous. I am still at EAC 11/16, and 167, 3.8x. yikes.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:36 am

Ugh. So the 12/14 DR date is a deferral batch? Yeah - definitely not calling. :(

bazoogakitty

New

Post by bazoogakitty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 am

Decision as of 12/16. Not sure what it means, yet. Over in Beijing right now, my mail is being sent home, and facebook doesn't work on in China. Practicing patience...

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:50 am

boo_pragmatism wrote:
tamlyric wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Gorges Gorges Gorges.
HELL TO THE YEAH DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1

Nice one, Tammy!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

daniel5215

Bronze

Post by daniel5215 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:51 am

bazoogakitty wrote:Decision as of 12/16. Not sure what it means, yet. Over in Beijing right now, my mail is being sent home, and facebook doesn't work on in China. Practicing patience...
so it seems that cornell shortened the time difference b/w decision and status change

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:52 am

Kiersten1985 wrote:What's the temp up there right now? And does the school decorate for the holidays? Please tell me yes. :D
Between asking about decorations, baking pies, and your avatar you must be jockeying for a spot on my friends list.

frix0803

Bronze

Post by frix0803 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 am

still no decision (called earlier) 11/13 EAC

bazoogakitty

New

Post by bazoogakitty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 am

daniel5215 wrote:
bazoogakitty wrote:Decision as of 12/16. Not sure what it means, yet. Over in Beijing right now, my mail is being sent home, and facebook doesn't work on in China. Practicing patience...
so it seems that cornell shortened the time difference b/w decision and status change

No, sorry. My mistake. The decision was rendered 12/14. Sounds like a deferral...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”