Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
danidancer

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:08 am

krispykitten wrote:
frix0803 wrote:nope still nothing 11/13 EAC, anybody from Team 11/13 EAC got DR tonight?

Meeee... uuuuuugh I'm so nervous.

MEEEE TOO! :-(

anmo

Postby anmo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:08 am

Still EAC 11/09... will probably call tomorrow, see if I can get a pdf too.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:08 am

wackjickham wrote:For those of us still waiting here's what I'm thinking: The closer we get to Christmas the less likely it is to be a deferral/rejection. Cornell wouldn't be that cruel right. Right?!

MrsTrucker: I like your optimism Wackjickham, but my husband is sitting here with a 10/13 complete, and still nada. :shock:

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:09 am

roxj wrote:Decision. F I'm nervous. I was EAC 11/17.

The consensus is that the decisions have been completely mixed? Am I right? Or am I really really wrong and completely screwed?

Yeah I'm right with you. I think it's mixed.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:11 am

krispykitten wrote:

The consensus is that the decisions have been completely mixed? Am I right? Or am I really really wrong and completely screwed?

That's my thought as well. I might not call if that's the case - I really don't want to get bad news on the phone... Last year was not kind to 168ers.

strandm2

Postby strandm2 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:11 am

The only reasonable explanation is they're just figuring out how much money to give us. They can't reject people on Christmas Eve unless Scrooge is running the office, and judging by the nice lady who answers the phone, it doesn't seem like the case.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:11 am

boo_pragmatism wrote:I was told today by the admissions office that I am in, but still showing EAC 11/09/09. Figure that shit out.

Because they probably made a decision on you yesterday or today, as opposed to Monday, since it takes 2 days for a decision to be reflected on your status.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 am

danidancer wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

That's my thought as well. I might not call if that's the case - I really don't want to get bad news on the phone... Last year was not kind to 168ers.

I just really want to know. Reallyreallyreally. Are you DR too?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 am

krispykitten wrote:
danidancer wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

Yup. :?

Wanpsack1

Postby Wanpsack1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 am

Nothin........again

Stardog_Champion

Postby Stardog_Champion » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:15 am

strandm2 wrote:The only reasonable explanation is they're just figuring out how much money to give us. They can't reject people on Christmas Eve unless Scrooge is running the office, and judging by the nice lady who answers the phone, it doesn't seem like the case.

So they'll reject us post-XMAS.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:15 am

danidancer wrote:
krispykitten wrote:
danidancer wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

Yup. :?

Well, I'm def. calling first thing tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what happens.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 am

I just went to decision! I was EAC 11/17.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 am

krispykitten wrote:Well, I'm def. calling first thing tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what happens.

My fingers are crossed for you!

irishman8062

Postby irishman8062 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 am

Just went "Decision" for 12/14.

I don't want to call because I'll just feel rude...when could I receive a letter in the mail though? I leave my college on Friday...

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:19 am

Just went to decision...hoping they saved me an acceptance. : ) I'll definitely be calling tomorrow. Just got deferred today at Columbia--hoping this isn't a sign of things to come in regards to Cornell.
Last edited by cougarlive on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:21 am

irishman8062 wrote:Just went "Decision" for 12/14.

I don't want to call because I'll just feel rude...when could I receive a letter in the mail though? I leave my college on Friday...

I think they're emailing acceptances now?

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:21 am

MrsTrucker: Hey all, got a question. D and I are going to be out of the state from next week till after the new year. He hasn't gone DR, but since he is EA, would it be out of line for him to call on Friday to see if they have reached a decision?

roxj

Postby roxj » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:22 am

danidancer wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

I'm not sure if I'll call either. I'm not afraid to get rejected over the phone, I just like the whole look-hopefully-into-the-mailbox-for-a-big-envelope thing. Call me old-fashioned. Although, I'm on the West Coast, so I might be way too impatient for that.

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:23 am

danidancer wrote:

Sorta. A few people have gotten emails, but I don't think their IT dept have all the kinks worked out (especially since this is their first year doing it).

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:23 am

danidancer wrote:

They told one TLSer that on the phone, but we've yet to see a set of acceptances emailed out. Perhaps it'll happen next week.

Edit: as the poster notes above, a couple of people were notified of acceptances via email. I think all of those cases, though, were emails sent manually to international applicants. Cornell did that last year as well, so it's nothing new.
Last edited by Dignan on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:24 am

roxj wrote:
danidancer wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

I'm not sure if I'll call either. I'm not afraid to get rejected over the phone, I just like the whole look-hopefully-into-the-mailbox-for-a-big-envelope thing. Call me old-fashioned. Although, I'm on the West Coast, so I might be way too impatient for that.

I just want to know if I should ask for a Cornell hoodie for Christmas :P
(that and I just really want to get the inevitable over with as soon as possible.)

irishman8062

Postby irishman8062 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:24 am

5ky wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
5ky wrote:Yep, EAC 11/11 changed to decision. Cornell sent me a PDF of my acceptance letter on Tuesday. Good luck to everyone!!

Why?

I talked about it earlier in the thread. I emailed them and asked them to change my mailing address to my house so it would get sent here, but they had already sent it to my mailing address, and responded to my mailing address request by sending me the PDF.

Oh, I was under the impression from this that they were still mailing unless you called. I mean, hopefully they mailed it out on Monday, in which case it'd get here in Indiana by today or tomorrow...but if not, I suppose I'll have to call.

Good luck to everyone!

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 am

krispykitten wrote:I just want to know if I should ask for a Cornell hoodie for Christmas :P
(that and I just really want to get the inevitable over with as soon as possible.)

I don't think it's "inevitable" at all - Cornell likes 169s. Last year most 169s got in, most 168s were WL. Regardless - I may break down and call, or I might wait until Monday. I feel strange calling when they say to wait 10 to 14 days, even though others are...

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 am

TruckerD wrote:
wackjickham wrote:For those of us still waiting here's what I'm thinking: The closer we get to Christmas the less likely it is to be a deferral/rejection. Cornell wouldn't be that cruel right. Right?!

MrsTrucker: I like your optimism Wackjickham, but my husband is sitting here with a 10/13 complete, and still nada. :shock:

I was talking about the DR date, not the complete date. It may be good news yet!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”