Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NancyBotwin

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:24 pm

gahthelaw wrote:yea. its better than eating the honey i have in my desk drawer off a spoon puts down spoon...

HAHAH. NICE.

Sad what this whole process has done to us, huh?

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:27 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:yea. its better than eating the honey i have in my desk drawer off a spoon puts down spoon...

HAHAH. NICE.

Two words, a brand-name, and one concept:

Holiday.
Mint.
M&M's.

In my co-worker's office down the hall. I keep "needing to talk to him urgently."

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:27 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

HAHAH. NICE.

i've been alternately blaming it on law school and the crazy of the lady in the office next to me.

beebs

Postby beebs » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:15 pm

I've tried to have my co-workers negatively reinforce my status checking. If they catch me, they are allowed to slap me.

It hasn't been working. I just got more sneaky at checking.

tintin

Postby tintin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:10 pm

wait, i thought cornell wouldnt start sending out decisions until mid-december, am i wrong? do i need to start freaking out and checking my status obsessively now??

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:25 pm

tintin wrote:wait, i thought cornell wouldnt start sending out decisions until mid-december, am i wrong? do i need to start freaking out and checking my status obsessively now??

psh...do it regardless

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Anyone else go to Decision today? Mine is still at Complete

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:27 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Anyone else go to Decision today? Mine is still at Complete

+1, though for whatever reason I'm not worried about it. A lot of people above both 75ths (incl. me) who were EA Complete early are still at complete and it doesn't look like Cornell does much YPing. That combined with an earlier post that noted an early "decision" status often means you're being held over to RD makes me not worry about this at all.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:30 pm

crackberry wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Anyone else go to Decision today? Mine is still at Complete

+1, though for whatever reason I'm not worried about it. A lot of people above both 75ths (incl. me) who were EA Complete early are still at complete and it doesn't look like Cornell does much YPing. That combined with an earlier post that noted an early "decision" status often means you're being held over to RD makes me not worry about this at all.

Oh, I didnt see that earlier post. What is that based on?

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:30 pm

crackberry wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was held over to RD (went to decision yesterday), but I would be a bit disappointed.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:33 pm

According to LSN, every person who received a notification on 12/2 was accepted and the 5th and 6th also. It was not until the 8th that someone was rejected.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:36 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Oh, I didnt see that earlier post. What is that based on?

Oh it was based on this post but it looks like I read it incorrectly. It doesn't say anything about early "decision" notifications, just that people who were held over were also listed as "decision." My bad. Looks like people with "decision" now are good to go. That said, I'm still not worried, given the preponderance of applicants above both 75ths who've been complete for a while and are still at complete.

mbw wrote:Just an FYI... Last year, those of us who were deferred from EA to "regular" decision (which, btw, ended up as "reviewed before regular, and accepted or waitlisted") were listed as "decision" on our status checkers - so don't assume it's a ding if you can't log on (plus, it could just be a glitch that you can't log on, even if accepted.)

Good luck all. Although, of course, at this point my refrain should be, "run away! don't go to law school!"

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:22 pm

beebs wrote:I've tried to have my co-workers negatively reinforce my status checking. If they catch me, they are allowed to slap me.

[psychology major geekiness] That's positive punishment, not negative reinforcement [/psychology major geekiness]

Forgive my corrections, I'm just annoyed by the fact that I haven't gone to Decision

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:36 pm

wackjickham wrote:
beebs wrote:I've tried to have my co-workers negatively reinforce my status checking. If they catch me, they are allowed to slap me.

[psychology major geekiness] That's positive punishment, not negative reinforcement [/psychology major geekiness]

Forgive my corrections, I'm just annoyed by the fact that I haven't gone to Decision

Haha. It took everything I had not to correct that mistake too (Psych major as well).

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm

cougarlive wrote:
wackjickham wrote:

Haha. It took everything I had not to correct that mistake too (Psych major as well).

I would have thought that it was positive reinforcement, but that could just be me.

Well off to the gym in the hopes of getting my mind off apps.

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:58 pm

CyLaw wrote:
cougarlive wrote:
wackjickham wrote:

I would have thought that it was positive reinforcement, but that could just be me.

Well off to the gym in the hopes of getting my mind off apps.

Positive Reinforcement means the behavior (checking his/her status) occurs more often after the stimulus (the slap) is presented. Positive Punishment means the behavior (status checking) occurs less often after the stimulus (slap) is presented.

Anyway, enjoy the gym!

Speaking of, what are the student gym facilities like at Cornell? Does it cost extra to use them? Did you guys know about the squash court at Cornell's law school building?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:01 pm

cougarlive wrote:Speaking of, what are the student gym facilities like at Cornell? Does it cost extra to use them? Did you guys know about the squash court at Cornell's law school building?

Does it cost extra to use the gym at any school in the T-25? If so, I will immediately cross such schools off my list. We are paying them $200,000. The least they can do is give us a "free" gym membership.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:38 pm

cougarlive wrote:Positive Reinforcement means the behavior (checking his/her status) occurs more often after the stimulus (the slap) is presented.

I know. Some people like being slapped and checking their status.

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 pm

CyLaw wrote:
cougarlive wrote:Positive Reinforcement means the behavior (checking his/her status) occurs more often after the stimulus (the slap) is presented.

LOL. Best thing I've heard all day. :lol:

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 pm

CyLaw wrote:

Oh snap you're right, if the behavior persists or increases then it is technically positive reinforcement. So there's something weird about this one...

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Anybody who applied Regular Decision go complete yet?

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:40 pm

12/2 is AROUND THE CORNER. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

galahad85

Postby galahad85 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:42 pm

avacado111 wrote:12/2 is AROUND THE CORNER. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I know. I didn't realize until today how close it was. :shock:

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:45 pm