Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:24 pm

gahthelaw wrote:yea. its better than eating the honey i have in my desk drawer off a spoon puts down spoon...


HAHAH. NICE.

Sad what this whole process has done to us, huh?

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:27 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:yea. its better than eating the honey i have in my desk drawer off a spoon puts down spoon...


HAHAH. NICE.

Sad what this whole process has done to us, huh?



Two words, a brand-name, and one concept:

Holiday.
Mint.
M&M's.

In my co-worker's office down the hall. I keep "needing to talk to him urgently."

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:27 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:yea. its better than eating the honey i have in my desk drawer off a spoon puts down spoon...


HAHAH. NICE.

Sad what this whole process has done to us, huh?


i've been alternately blaming it on law school and the crazy of the lady in the office next to me.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby beebs » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:15 pm

I've tried to have my co-workers negatively reinforce my status checking. If they catch me, they are allowed to slap me.

It hasn't been working. I just got more sneaky at checking.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tintin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:10 pm

wait, i thought cornell wouldnt start sending out decisions until mid-december, am i wrong? do i need to start freaking out and checking my status obsessively now??

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bighead715 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:25 pm

tintin wrote:wait, i thought cornell wouldnt start sending out decisions until mid-december, am i wrong? do i need to start freaking out and checking my status obsessively now??


psh...do it regardless

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Anyone else go to Decision today? Mine is still at Complete

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:27 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Anyone else go to Decision today? Mine is still at Complete

+1, though for whatever reason I'm not worried about it. A lot of people above both 75ths (incl. me) who were EA Complete early are still at complete and it doesn't look like Cornell does much YPing. That combined with an earlier post that noted an early "decision" status often means you're being held over to RD makes me not worry about this at all.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:30 pm

crackberry wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Anyone else go to Decision today? Mine is still at Complete

+1, though for whatever reason I'm not worried about it. A lot of people above both 75ths (incl. me) who were EA Complete early are still at complete and it doesn't look like Cornell does much YPing. That combined with an earlier post that noted an early "decision" status often means you're being held over to RD makes me not worry about this at all.

Oh, I didnt see that earlier post. What is that based on?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby oneforship » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:30 pm

crackberry wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Anyone else go to Decision today? Mine is still at Complete

+1, though for whatever reason I'm not worried about it. A lot of people above both 75ths (incl. me) who were EA Complete early are still at complete and it doesn't look like Cornell does much YPing. That combined with an earlier post that noted an early "decision" status often means you're being held over to RD makes me not worry about this at all.


I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was held over to RD (went to decision yesterday), but I would be a bit disappointed.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:33 pm

According to LSN, every person who received a notification on 12/2 was accepted and the 5th and 6th also. It was not until the 8th that someone was rejected.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:36 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Anyone else go to Decision today? Mine is still at Complete

+1, though for whatever reason I'm not worried about it. A lot of people above both 75ths (incl. me) who were EA Complete early are still at complete and it doesn't look like Cornell does much YPing. That combined with an earlier post that noted an early "decision" status often means you're being held over to RD makes me not worry about this at all.

Oh, I didnt see that earlier post. What is that based on?

Oh it was based on this post but it looks like I read it incorrectly. It doesn't say anything about early "decision" notifications, just that people who were held over were also listed as "decision." My bad. Looks like people with "decision" now are good to go. That said, I'm still not worried, given the preponderance of applicants above both 75ths who've been complete for a while and are still at complete.

mbw wrote:Just an FYI... Last year, those of us who were deferred from EA to "regular" decision (which, btw, ended up as "reviewed before regular, and accepted or waitlisted") were listed as "decision" on our status checkers - so don't assume it's a ding if you can't log on (plus, it could just be a glitch that you can't log on, even if accepted.)

Good luck all. Although, of course, at this point my refrain should be, "run away! don't go to law school!"

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby wackjickham » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:22 pm

beebs wrote:I've tried to have my co-workers negatively reinforce my status checking. If they catch me, they are allowed to slap me.


[psychology major geekiness] That's positive punishment, not negative reinforcement [/psychology major geekiness]

Forgive my corrections, I'm just annoyed by the fact that I haven't gone to Decision

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby cougarlive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:36 pm

wackjickham wrote:
beebs wrote:I've tried to have my co-workers negatively reinforce my status checking. If they catch me, they are allowed to slap me.


[psychology major geekiness] That's positive punishment, not negative reinforcement [/psychology major geekiness]

Forgive my corrections, I'm just annoyed by the fact that I haven't gone to Decision



Haha. It took everything I had not to correct that mistake too (Psych major as well).

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm

cougarlive wrote:
wackjickham wrote:
beebs wrote:I've tried to have my co-workers negatively reinforce my status checking. If they catch me, they are allowed to slap me.


[psychology major geekiness] That's positive punishment, not negative reinforcement [/psychology major geekiness]

Forgive my corrections, I'm just annoyed by the fact that I haven't gone to Decision



Haha. It took everything I had not to correct that mistake too (Psych major as well).


I would have thought that it was positive reinforcement, but that could just be me.

Well off to the gym in the hopes of getting my mind off apps.

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby cougarlive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:58 pm

CyLaw wrote:
cougarlive wrote:
wackjickham wrote:
beebs wrote:I've tried to have my co-workers negatively reinforce my status checking. If they catch me, they are allowed to slap me.


[psychology major geekiness] That's positive punishment, not negative reinforcement [/psychology major geekiness]

Forgive my corrections, I'm just annoyed by the fact that I haven't gone to Decision



Haha. It took everything I had not to correct that mistake too (Psych major as well).


I would have thought that it was positive reinforcement, but that could just be me.

Well off to the gym in the hopes of getting my mind off apps.


Positive Reinforcement means the behavior (checking his/her status) occurs more often after the stimulus (the slap) is presented. Positive Punishment means the behavior (status checking) occurs less often after the stimulus (slap) is presented.

Anyway, enjoy the gym!

Speaking of, what are the student gym facilities like at Cornell? Does it cost extra to use them? Did you guys know about the squash court at Cornell's law school building?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:01 pm

cougarlive wrote:Speaking of, what are the student gym facilities like at Cornell? Does it cost extra to use them? Did you guys know about the squash court at Cornell's law school building?

Does it cost extra to use the gym at any school in the T-25? If so, I will immediately cross such schools off my list. We are paying them $200,000. The least they can do is give us a "free" gym membership.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:38 pm

cougarlive wrote:Positive Reinforcement means the behavior (checking his/her status) occurs more often after the stimulus (the slap) is presented.


I know. Some people like being slapped and checking their status.

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby cougarlive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 pm

CyLaw wrote:
cougarlive wrote:Positive Reinforcement means the behavior (checking his/her status) occurs more often after the stimulus (the slap) is presented.


I know. Some people like being slapped and checking their status.




LOL. Best thing I've heard all day. :lol:

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby wackjickham » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 pm

CyLaw wrote:
cougarlive wrote:Positive Reinforcement means the behavior (checking his/her status) occurs more often after the stimulus (the slap) is presented.


I know. Some people like being slapped and checking their status.


Oh snap you're right, if the behavior persists or increases then it is technically positive reinforcement. So there's something weird about this one...

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Anybody who applied Regular Decision go complete yet?

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby avacado111 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:40 pm

12/2 is AROUND THE CORNER. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby galahad85 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:42 pm

avacado111 wrote:12/2 is AROUND THE CORNER. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA


I know. I didn't realize until today how close it was. :shock:

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dakatz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:45 pm

avacado111 wrote:12/2 is AROUND THE CORNER. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA


What is supposed to happen on 12/2?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:48 pm

dakatz wrote:
avacado111 wrote:12/2 is AROUND THE CORNER. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA


What is supposed to happen on 12/2?

THE WORLD COMES TO AN END!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jtg1017, Mr. Bubbles, Thomas Hagan, ESQ. and 22 guests