Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
boss

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby boss » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm

crackberry wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
crackberry wrote:Just withdrew my application after being granted admission on 12/8. Hope it helps one of you EA deferrals or WLs out in the future.

This may be the bitter pessimist in me, but you did double check with Stanford to make sure it was not a mistake before you started all the withdrawals, right?

:)

Oh shit. Haha no, I got the admission packet (with tee shirt) in the mail about 2 hours after getting the call from Dean Deal. I have it in writing now; no way they can take it back, right?

Offer of admissions is a contract (I actually think there is case law on this...I just can't recall it now). So as long as you accept it before they revoke it, you should be ok! (I'm not an attorney yet, so don't quote/trust/rely on me)

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:29 pm

boss wrote:
crackberry wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
crackberry wrote:Just withdrew my application after being granted admission on 12/8. Hope it helps one of you EA deferrals or WLs out in the future.

This may be the bitter pessimist in me, but you did double check with Stanford to make sure it was not a mistake before you started all the withdrawals, right?

:)

Oh shit. Haha no, I got the admission packet (with tee shirt) in the mail about 2 hours after getting the call from Dean Deal. I have it in writing now; no way they can take it back, right?

Offer of admissions is a contract (I actually think there is case law on this...I just can't recall it now). So as long as you accept it before they revoke it, you should be ok! (I'm not an attorney yet, so don't quote/trust/rely on me)

Haha yeah, I was kidding. I'm not worried that it was a mistake. I'm out of school so it's not like I can get expelled or fail out between now and June. I guess I just have to avoid a felony.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:32 pm

crackberry wrote:Haha yeah, I was kidding. I'm not worried that it was a mistake. I'm out of school so it's not like I can get expelled or fail out between now and June. I guess I just have to avoid a felony.

Ahh... so if someone [strike]is framed for[/strike] commits a felony, that opens up spots for other people. Interesting. :twisted:

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:33 pm

CyLaw wrote:
crackberry wrote:Haha yeah, I was kidding. I'm not worried that it was a mistake. I'm out of school so it's not like I can get expelled or fail out between now and June. I guess I just have to avoid a felony.

Ahh... so if someone [strike]is framed for[/strike] commits a felony, that opens up spots for other people. Interesting. :twisted:

Touche, CyLaw, touche.

boss

Postby boss » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:35 pm

CyLaw wrote:

So you're going to deliver the item to the previously agreed upon place on the scheduled day to be used for the not-to-be-discussed project for me to plant?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 pm

boss wrote:
CyLaw wrote:

So you're going to deliver the item to the previously agreed upon place on the scheduled day to be used for the not-to-be-discussed project for me to plant?

Consider it done.

But I think you used all the keywords required to get the government now interested in our plans.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:01 pm

CyLaw wrote:
boss wrote:
CyLaw wrote:

Consider it done.

But I think you used all the keywords required to get the government now interested in our plans.

While you boys are doing that, I'll be here checking my status at midnight. (You never know!)

jocelyne

Postby jocelyne » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:36 pm

mine is still EAC 11/11 I WANT TO CRYYYYYYY

aetennis17

Postby aetennis17 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:40 pm

jocelyne wrote:mine is still EAC 11/11 I WANT TO CRYYYYYYY

EAC 10/20.... I feel your pain. If you're going to break it off with me...just do it already, Cornell.

still lovingly yours,

ME

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 pm

aetennis17 wrote:

EAC 10/20.... I feel your pain. If you're going to break it off with me...just do it already, Cornell.

still lovingly yours,

ME

I'll pass the time theorizing reasons why Cornell may hate me and want to prolong my suffering:

Cornell and I may have dated in college. I was a different person back then and I apologize.
I might have have flipped Cornell off in traffic.
Perhaps Cornell was that customer service rep from Time Warner I yelled at.
Maybe I called the cops once when Cornell was throwing a really loud party.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:07 pm

jks289 wrote:
aetennis17 wrote:

still lovingly yours,

ME

I'll pass the time theorizing reasons why Cornell may hate me and want to prolong my suffering:

Cornell and I may have dated in college. I was a different person back then and I apologize.

Pretty sure it's bc you're EAC 11/13. They hate our date. I'm pretty sure no one on our date has heard.

hv1

Postby hv1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:28 pm

so looks like we'lll see another round in a few hours -- a few came out on wednesday last week -- right?

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:34 pm

krispykitten wrote:
jks289 wrote:I'll pass the time theorizing reasons why Cornell may hate me and want to prolong my suffering:

Pretty sure it's bc you're EAC 11/13. They hate our date. I'm pretty sure no one on our date has heard.

There seems to be a lot of us (EAC 11/13), let's get together and march on the Cornell admissions office. Or start a flag football team.
Last edited by badwithpseudonyms on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hv1

Postby hv1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:35 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
krispykitten wrote:
jks289 wrote:I'll pass the time theorizing reasons why Cornell may hate me and want to prolong my suffering:

There seem to be a lot of us (EAC 11/13), let's get together and march on the Cornell admissions office. Or start a flag football team.

+1 for flag football team

eye

Postby eye » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:38 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

There seem to be a lot of us (EAC 11/13), let's get together and march on the Cornell admissions office. Or start a flag football team.

EAC 11/13 here. I don't know about the whole marching thing, but count me in for flag football.

hv1

Postby hv1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:39 pm

are we expecting another wave of decisions in a few hours? or is thursday the consensus?

i thought last week on wednesday a bunch of people had their status updated, no?

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 pm

hv1 wrote:are we expecting another wave of decisions in a few hours? or is thursday the consensus?

i thought last week on wednesday a bunch of people had their status updated, no?

I love how we're just grasping at anything that might resemble a pattern, no matter how lacking the evidence haha.

(I do it, too...)

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:04 am

eye wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

EAC 11/13 here. I don't know about the whole marching thing, but count me in for flag football.

Totally down. We should play at accepted students' day ;)

5ky

Postby 5ky » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:53 am

Last edited by 5ky on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:57 am

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter when they update. Everyone in this thread is gonna check regardless. :D

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:58 am

romothesavior wrote:The bottom line is that it doesn't matter when they update. Everyone in this thread is gonna check regardless. :D

Checking is habitual. I sometimes forget where I was accepted, and accidentally recheck those checkers.

BasketCaseBrief

Postby BasketCaseBrief » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:02 am

Anybody in yet? It seems like y'all been postin', waitin', since 1955.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:03 am

I needed a pick-me-up after the no-decision from Michigan this morning and you let me down, Cornell. If you come through for me tomorrow, I'll forgive you though.

Still EAC.

anmo

Postby anmo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:04 am

CyLaw wrote:
romothesavior wrote:The bottom line is that it doesn't matter when they update. Everyone in this thread is gonna check regardless. :D

Checking is habitual. I sometimes forget where I was accepted, and accidentally recheck those checkers.

Thanks for rubbing it in... :wink:

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 am

Still E A mother f-ing C.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”