Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Gold

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by 02082010 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:48 pm

I feel like I'm a prime candidate for an interview, a little surprised I haven't been asked.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:50 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:I feel like I'm a prime candidate for an interview, a little surprised I haven't been asked.
apparently interviews are very rare. i doubt it's the case that anyone other than the first person on here who had decision, 11/20 has an interview waiting for them.
Last edited by najumobi on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:50 pm

finalaspects wrote:All those who are claiming to be above the 75% LSAT and GPA range, i hope you guys aren't using LSN's numbers. Most of the numbers on LSN are outdated. They mean the graduating class of 2009, and not the entering class of 2009.

The numbers may not have changed much in 3 years, but just warning you guys just in case. The median according to Cornell for their incoming class of 2009 is 167 and 3.61. Couldn't find their 75% percentile numbers.

However, i believe their 75% is 168 and 3.84. (other sources)
I am above 168 and well above 3.84.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:51 pm

crackberry wrote:
finalaspects wrote:All those who are claiming to be above the 75% LSAT and GPA range, i hope you guys aren't using LSN's numbers. Most of the numbers on LSN are outdated. They mean the graduating class of 2009, and not the entering class of 2009.

The numbers may not have changed much in 3 years, but just warning you guys just in case. The median according to Cornell for their incoming class of 2009 is 167 and 3.61. Couldn't find their 75% percentile numbers.

Oh i know you are for sure crackberry. I wish you the best of luck on the more higher ranked schools!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:52 pm

finalaspects wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Oh i know you are for sure crackberry. I wish you the best of luck on the more higher ranked schools!
Haha thank you. I am on a plane right now and desperately hoping I have a JR2 voicemail waiting for me when I land.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:09 pm

kittenmittons wrote:For those showing decision, dates submitted/complete?
Both in late September.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Don't know if it means anything or not, but I can't login on the admitted students discussion board. I guess that isn't a good sign.

robotoroboto

New

Post by robotoroboto » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:24 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:I feel like I'm a prime candidate for an interview, a little surprised I haven't been asked.
wow that's modest

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:29 pm

robotoroboto wrote:
wow that's modest
I'm guessing Hopeful is a splitter or something that would require further prying by the AdComms. I don't think people with crazy numbers are interview candidates.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jacques

Bronze

Post by Jacques » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:30 pm

robotoroboto wrote:
wow that's modest
hopeful undergrad has some hard-to-predict elements in his applications -- I don't think he was saying that he's a "prime candidate" for the school, particularly, but rather that most schools are going to want additional explanation/information about him before they make a decision. That being said, from what I remember of his numbers, he should be competitive.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:
robotoroboto wrote:
wow that's modest
I'm guessing Hopeful is a splitter or something that would require further prying by the AdComms. I don't think people with crazy numbers are interview candidates.
+1

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:31 pm

robotoroboto wrote:
wow that's modest
wow you joined just to make a snarky comment? :roll:

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Jacques wrote:
robotoroboto wrote:
wow that's modest
hopeful undergrad has some hard-to-predict elements in his applications -- I don't think he was saying that he's a "prime candidate" for the school, particularly, but rather that most schools are going to want additional explanation/information about him before they make a decision. That being said, from what I remember of his numbers, he should be competitive.
Thanks for the defense.

I was definitely not saying I'm autoadmit material. Rather I think most schools that interview are going to want to interview me bc I'm an AA male 99%ile LSAT and TTT GPA splitter.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Thanks for the defense.

I was definitely not saying I'm autoadmit material. Rather I think most schools that interview are going to want to interview me bc I'm an AA male 99%ile LSAT and TTT GPA splitter.
I dunno hopeful, as you're a URM I'd think you'll be just fine. I, on the other hand, am more of a splitter than you, and non-URM, so if anyone's getting an interview it'd be me.

robotoroboto

New

Post by robotoroboto » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:57 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
robotoroboto wrote:
wow that's modest
no i joined because I finally noticed movement on the decisions and all of my apps are in so I can devote my time to stalking forums like this.

my apologies to hopeful--i just think it's so early that it is impossible to divine any reasoning behind what's going on right now with the decisions/possible interviews--it's far too soon. But I guess that's what the forum is all about, so my bad! best of luck!

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:06 pm

robotoroboto wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
robotoroboto wrote:
wow that's modest
no i joined because I finally noticed movement on the decisions and all of my apps are in so I can devote my time to stalking forums like this.

my apologies to hopeful--i just think it's so early that it is impossible to divine any reasoning behind what's going on right now with the decisions/possible interviews--it's far too soon. But I guess that's what the forum is all about, so my bad! best of luck!
apologies for the snippiness. i've been sitting in my office all day counting down the minutes until i can refresh status checkers again. apparently i'm on edge. anyway welcome to tls.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:07 pm

gahthelaw wrote: i've been sitting in my office all day counting down the minutes until i can refresh status checkers again. apparently i'm on edge. anyway welcome to tls.
+1. I've been on a diet lately, but the anxiety of all of this made me go get Chipotle for lunch. This + holidays = one fat Nancy Botwin.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:09 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
gahthelaw wrote: i've been sitting in my office all day counting down the minutes until i can refresh status checkers again. apparently i'm on edge. anyway welcome to tls.
+1. I've been on a diet lately, but the anxiety of all of this made me go get Chipotle for lunch. This + holidays = one fat Nancy Botwin.
Thats okay, Nancy Botwin is anorexic looking. She needs some meat on her bones

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:17 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:Don't know if it means anything or not, but I can't login on the admitted students discussion board. I guess that isn't a good sign.
Just an FYI... Last year, those of us who were deferred from EA to "regular" decision (which, btw, ended up as "reviewed before regular, and accepted or waitlisted") were listed as "decision" on our status checkers - so don't assume it's a ding if you can't log on (plus, it could just be a glitch that you can't log on, even if accepted.)

Good luck all. Although, of course, at this point my refrain should be, "run away! don't go to law school!"

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:18 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
Thats okay, Nancy Botwin is anorexic looking. She needs some meat on her bones
:lol: True.

But this NB could use a little less meat.

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:19 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
now im hungry...again.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:20 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
now im hungry...again.
I have a leftover Paradise Bakery cookie from Saturday in my purse. Want it?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:22 pm

nevermind

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:23 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
now im hungry...again.
I have a leftover Paradise Bakery cookie from Saturday in my purse. Want it?
yea. its better than eating the honey i have in my desk drawer off a spoon puts down spoon...

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:23 pm

oneforship wrote:nevermind
nevermind what?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”