Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:57 pm

CyLaw wrote:
thorntll wrote:I'm at DR... It's been that way since 12/11, but I hadn't checked the status checker. Even thought I'm basically at their 75% for both, it seems like other people are getting deferred... I don't know which way I am yet.


If it says DR 12/11, then it went decision last night at midnight.

Call. Call now. They are really nice there. Call. Why haven't you called yet?


Maybe she should call?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Chromakey wrote:IN!!! So excited! Complete 10/20, Decision 12/11. And I think someone said this before, but the lady on the phone was super nice :) Good luck to everyone still waiting!


Congrats. They are very nice on the phone. But after she said Congratulations may brain just kind of drifted off into lala land, so I don't know exactly what she said to me.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
thorntll wrote:I'm at DR... It's been that way since 12/11, but I hadn't checked the status checker. Even thought I'm basically at their 75% for both, it seems like other people are getting deferred... I don't know which way I am yet.


If it says DR 12/11, then it went decision last night at midnight.

Call. Call now. They are really nice there. Call. Why haven't you called yet?


Maybe she should call?


Meh. If she wants. Not that important.

jmoon1
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jmoon1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Congrats to all those accepted! Hopefully most of you who are waiting get in soon so the madness can end.

I'm planning on applying to C next year. Just want to get a feel from those who have applied on whether I'll have a shot or not.

I'll apply EA with a upward trend 3.42 and based on my PT's a 168-169 LSAT. ANY chance?

As south asian i'm not URM but I do have a kickass story about how prejudice fcked up my teen years: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=98733

weebleswobble
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby weebleswobble » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:02 pm

IN! the lady on the phone IS super nice.

thorntll
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby thorntll » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:06 pm

CyLaw wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
thorntll wrote:I'm at DR... It's been that way since 12/11, but I hadn't checked the status checker. Even thought I'm basically at their 75% for both, it seems like other people are getting deferred... I don't know which way I am yet.


If it says DR 12/11, then it went decision last night at midnight.

Call. Call now. They are really nice there. Call. Why haven't you called yet?


Maybe she should call?


Meh. If she wants. Not that important.


But it specifically says not to! :D Am I crazy for not calling?!

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby danidancer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 pm

thorntll wrote:But it specifically says not to! :D Am I crazy for not calling?!


FWIW, it seems like today's DR people have all been acceptances so far...

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 pm

If it says DR 12/11, then it went decision last night at midnight.

Call. Call now. They are really nice there. Call. Why haven't you called yet?[/quote]

Maybe she should call?[/quote]

Meh. If she wants. Not that important.[/quote]

But it specifically says not to! :D Am I crazy for not calling?![/quote]

Yes, you are. There are 15 pages of people calling and being told. There is ZERO chance it affects the decision, so why not call and find out.
Last edited by jks289 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weebleswobble
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby weebleswobble » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Meh. If she wants. Not that important.[/quote]

But it specifically says not to! :D Am I crazy for not calling?![/quote]

i felt the same way... "follow instructions" right? well theyre really nice. and more than happy to check and tell you. i say, call! it worked for me

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boss
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby boss » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Man, if these sort of numbers are being deferred, I fear for my chances.

User avatar
bonnieblue
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bonnieblue » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:17 pm

DR 12/11 eeekk!

EAC 11/16

User avatar
Chromakey
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Chromakey » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:20 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Chromakey wrote:IN!!! So excited! Complete 10/20, Decision 12/11. And I think someone said this before, but the lady on the phone was super nice :) Good luck to everyone still waiting!


Congrats. They are very nice on the phone. But after she said Congratulations may brain just kind of drifted off into lala land, so I don't know exactly what she said to me.



Me too!! :lol: After I hung up the phone I actually started second guessing that she had told me I was in. But I do remember the "Congratulations" part.

boss
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby boss » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Chromakey wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
Chromakey wrote:IN!!! So excited! Complete 10/20, Decision 12/11. And I think someone said this before, but the lady on the phone was super nice :) Good luck to everyone still waiting!


Congrats. They are very nice on the phone. But after she said Congratulations may brain just kind of drifted off into lala land, so I don't know exactly what she said to me.



Me too!! :lol: After I hung up the phone I actually started second guessing that she had told me I was in. But I do remember the "Congratulations" part.


"Congratulations, you've made a generous donation of 75 dollars to Cornell's new library fund. Thanks for trying, please donate again next year." :p

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby galahad85 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:23 pm

What would scare me about calling is, what do you say if they tell you you're rejected? :shock: Must be awkward...

boss
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby boss » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:24 pm

galahad85 wrote:What would scare me about calling is, what do you say if they tell you you're rejected? :shock: Must be awkward...


It's only awkward if you start crying. Which I will if rejected.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:25 pm

galahad85 wrote:What would scare me about calling is, what do you say if they tell you you're rejected? :shock: Must be awkward...


You just say "OK, thank you." Hang up and head to the nearest dive bar. It sounds like they are pretty kind about giving the bad news... I think the real key is to hold you shit together if you are deferred. Say something like "Thank you. To whom should I send my Letter of Continued Interest?"

gitls
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby gitls » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:27 pm

bonnieblue wrote:DR 12/11 eeekk!

EAC 11/16



I think this is the most recent EAC complete that has gone to DR.

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Shaggier1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Is anyone else still just EAC? And if so, dates?


11/09

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:
Is anyone else still just EAC? And if so, dates?


11/09


I'm EAC 11/13. Seeing the 11/16 getting DR has made me officially depressed. I really need to start preparing myself for the worst. :cry:

User avatar
anmo
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby anmo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:
Is anyone else still just EAC? And if so, dates?


11/09


11.09 for me too...

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:32 pm

jks289 wrote:
Shaggier1 wrote:
Is anyone else still just EAC? And if so, dates?


11/09


I'm EAC 11/13. Seeing the 11/16 getting DR has made me officially depressed. I really need to start preparing myself for the worst. :cry:


Buck up. Tintin, myself, and others, had to watch november people get DR a week before us. It will come.

hesitantstyle
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hesitantstyle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 pm

CyLaw is right. I went EAC on 10/20 and didn't get a decision until today. It will come!

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 pm

CyLaw wrote:
jks289 wrote:
Shaggier1 wrote:
Is anyone else still just EAC? And if so, dates?


11/09


I'm EAC 11/13. Seeing the 11/16 getting DR has made me officially depressed. I really need to start preparing myself for the worst. :cry:


Buck up. Tintin, myself, and others, had to watch november people get DR a week before us. It will come.


I know. I don't want to be one of those people who feels entitled to an answer. I am just not sure how much longer I can deal with the stress of not knowing. CyLaw, are your LSN numbers fudged at all? We are really close, you have a LSAT point on me.

User avatar
panda
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby panda » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:35 pm

galahad85 wrote:What would scare me about calling is, what do you say if they tell you you're rejected? :shock: Must be awkward...


just pretend to cry, then maybe they'll change their minds!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Keilz, lazarzhr, tinafeyclone, TrynaLaw, yuppitsme and 25 guests