Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Apple Tree
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Apple Tree » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:40 pm

I just called. I'm in! :D

My DR date is 12/08.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Just called and I am officially IN. I checked late last night (West Coast) and had the Admitted Students stuff up there until I woke up this morning.

EA Complete 10/1.
Decision 12/8.

User avatar
amandap
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby amandap » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Are you going to withdrawl?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:45 pm

amandap wrote:Are you going to withdrawl?

Haha yes, I'll withdraw next week.

User avatar
amandap
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby amandap » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:47 pm

You are not going to consider scholarship offers?

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Apple Tree wrote:I just called. I'm in! :D

My DR date is 12/08.


Grats!

Still seems like auto-admits though.

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby sfdreaming09 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Sorry, I haven’t been following this thread too closely, but is it true that you can call the admissions office to find out what your decision is if your status checker says “Decision”? Thanks!

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 pm

sfdreaming09 wrote:Sorry, I haven’t been following this thread too closely, but is it true that you can call the admissions office to find out what your decision is if your status checker says “Decision”? Thanks!


Yes, and if you are DR 12/8 they probably have good news for you. Call!

User avatar
poprox
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby poprox » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:01 pm

jks289 wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:Sorry, I haven’t been following this thread too closely, but is it true that you can call the admissions office to find out what your decision is if your status checker says “Decision”? Thanks!


Yes, and if you are DR 12/8 they probably have good news for you. Call!


I'm going to play mr patience for a few days first...only because their website specifically says to wait several days before calling once your status shows decision.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:02 pm

amandap wrote:You are not going to consider scholarship offers?

I would have if I hadn't gotten into HYS, but SLS is my dream school and I wouldn't take a scholarship at, say, MVP over Stanford at sticker.

aetennis17
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby aetennis17 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:02 pm

hv1 wrote:
aetennis17 wrote:EAC 10/20 and no DR.

164/3.97

Low LSAT- feeling pretty doomed :/


did you write a why cornell essay?


yeah...but it was nothing special.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:03 pm

crackberry wrote:
amandap wrote:You are not going to consider scholarship offers?

I would have if I hadn't gotten into HYS, but SLS is my dream school and I wouldn't take a scholarship at, say, MVP over Stanford at sticker.


I don't blame you.

User avatar
legalzoom
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby legalzoom » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Woohoo!!! First rejection of the cycle. I called up the admissions office and was actually surprised they gave me the news over the phone. With my numbers though, Cornell would've been nothing short of a miracle, so no worries. For those who are curious, I went complete on 10/2 and my status checker updated today to a 12/8 DR date. Good luck to everyone else!

WhyBother?
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby WhyBother? » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 pm

I applied late(ish)- 11/24. I am obviously not EA, but I haven't had any sort of update and am not complete yet. Did I totally ruin my chances by applying too late? I have a 172 and a 3.4.

Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to the rest!

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:19 pm

WhyBother? wrote:I applied late(ish)- 11/24. I am obviously not EA, but I haven't had any sort of update and am not complete yet. Did I totally ruin my chances by applying too late? I have a 172 and a 3.4.

Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to the rest!

i don't know whether you've ruined your chances of getting in, but it doesn't seem like they'll be reviweing RD folks until january.

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Dignan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:20 pm

WhyBother? wrote:I applied late(ish)- 11/24. I am obviously not EA, but I haven't had any sort of update and am not complete yet. Did I totally ruin my chances by applying too late? I have a 172 and a 3.4.

11/24 is not late. And, no, of course your chances are not ruined. I'm sure Cornell will turn its attention to the RD pool at the first of the year.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby NayBoer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Still EAC 11/5. Heinous splitter. Bracing for rejection.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

poprox wrote:
jks289 wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:Sorry, I haven’t been following this thread too closely, but is it true that you can call the admissions office to find out what your decision is if your status checker says “Decision”? Thanks!


Yes, and if you are DR 12/8 they probably have good news for you. Call!


I'm going to play mr patience for a few days first...only because their website specifically says to wait several days before calling once your status shows decision.


Read the past 10 pages of this thread. They are happy to tell you over the phone. If you like waiting that's your business. But as EAC 11/13, someone having DR and saying "I'll just wait a few days" is like being kicked in the balls (I'd imagine). Go get your damn acceptance already!

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tintin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:51 pm

damn, still EAC 10/1. Why are people who applied later than I getting decisions? Since they're handing out deferrals, acceptances, and rejections, shouldn't I have heard SOMETHING??
grrrrrrrrrrr

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:55 pm

tintin wrote:damn, still EAC 10/1. Why are people who applied later than I getting decisions? Since they're handing out deferrals, acceptances, and rejections, shouldn't I have heard SOMETHING??
grrrrrrrrrrr


They are just trying to find the extra special words to tell (and me) how much they want you. :D

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:03 pm

looks like rejects/acceptances are now coming out, anyone's game

hopefullaw27
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hopefullaw27 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:10 pm

just called after DR 12/8. IN!

stats 172/3.67 non-URM

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:12 pm

tintin wrote:damn, still EAC 10/1. Why are people who applied later than I getting decisions? Since they're handing out deferrals, acceptances, and rejections, shouldn't I have heard SOMETHING??
grrrrrrrrrrr


If anything, this gives me a slight bit of hope. They are obviously sending out rejections as well. So the fact that I'm still at EAC 10/29 does not mean I'm rejected, because they could have easily just put me at decision-rejected already if they wanted to. Perhaps they just needed a bit more time to decide on my file. Who knows?

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:13 pm

dakatz wrote:
tintin wrote:damn, still EAC 10/1. Why are people who applied later than I getting decisions? Since they're handing out deferrals, acceptances, and rejections, shouldn't I have heard SOMETHING??
grrrrrrrrrrr


If anything, this gives me a slight bit of hope. They are obviously sending out rejections as well. So the fact that I'm still at EAC 10/29 does not mean I'm rejected, because they could have easily just put me at decision-rejected already if they wanted to. Perhaps they just needed a bit more time to decide on my file. Who knows?


you guys think they are going down to the wire on decisions?

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:14 pm

hv1 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
tintin wrote:damn, still EAC 10/1. Why are people who applied later than I getting decisions? Since they're handing out deferrals, acceptances, and rejections, shouldn't I have heard SOMETHING??
grrrrrrrrrrr


If anything, this gives me a slight bit of hope. They are obviously sending out rejections as well. So the fact that I'm still at EAC 10/29 does not mean I'm rejected, because they could have easily just put me at decision-rejected already if they wanted to. Perhaps they just needed a bit more time to decide on my file. Who knows?


you guys think they are going down to the wire on decisions?


Well, if they weren't, why wouldn't they have just posted every EA decision? I'm a URM candidate with borderline numbers so I could certainly see why I'm not an auto-admit, but also not an auto-reject, and thus warrant a bit more review. If the extra waiting leads to an acceptance, then I don't mind one bit.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”