Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Pearalegal

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:19 am

Jacques wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Here's to hoping that the decision dates are not based on your EA Complete date. Was EA Complete 10/6. Still EA Complete.

Went complete 10/2. Not a thing. I'd say we shouldn't worry about it. There are so many factors that go into the process, wtf really knows.

Exactly -- this early, and with such a limited sample, it's impossible to tell everything. Particularly because Cornell's EA system isn't binding, I imagine they take their time to pick and choose applications to process based on what they anticipate as need. As far as I can tell, few and far between are the AdComms that make decisions on applications exclusively in the order that they arrive.

Agreed. As an example...I'm retaking in December, so who knows what that will do to my app. I got into William and Mary in the second batch even though my numbers were stronger than the first and I applied at the same time. I really don't think its something we can predict this early on.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:26 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:I think last year after your status checker went to decision, if you were admitted there was a link to the admitted students page that appeared on your status check. Any "decision" people see that anywhere on the page?

If that is the case this year, then I will not be seeing anyone in Ithaca anytime soon... :lol:

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:29 am

oneforship wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:I think last year after your status checker went to decision, if you were admitted there was a link to the admitted students page that appeared on your status check. Any "decision" people see that anywhere on the page?

If that is the case this year, then I will not be seeing anyone in Ithaca anytime soon... :lol:

If I recall, they fixed that little glitch somewhere around mid-cycle last year. Shouldn't be showing up now, for anyone. For that matter, those schools that are doing the auto-link program this year (GULC) don't even have their sites up and running yet, so...

jc631

Postby jc631 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 am

I just checked & have decision (11/20) as well! I went EA complete on 10/29... hopefully it's not a rejection!!

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:36 pm

jc631 wrote:I just checked & have decision (11/20) as well! I went EA complete on 10/29... hopefully it's not a rejection!!

Does anyone know whether we will receive emails (if accepted) before the snail mail notice?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:38 pm

No decision for me. I was EA Complete as of 10/1. A little surprised given that LSP has me as an Admit and I'm above both 75ths. Good luck to all those at decision however.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:44 pm

FINALLY EA COMPLETE!

My ug didn't send my dean's cert (yes, it was required for me) until the 16th, so it was very nice of them to still let me be EA.

So now the question is - does anything happen after complete?

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:48 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:FINALLY EA COMPLETE!

My ug didn't send my dean's cert (yes, it was required for me) until the 16th, so it was very nice of them to still let me be EA.

So now the question is - does anything happen after complete?

A slow agonizing death while we wait for any response, along with carpal tunnel from clicking the refresh button on our status checkers. :(

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:49 pm

TruckerD wrote:
A slow agonizing death while we wait for any response, along with carpal tunnel from clicking the refresh button on our status checkers. :(

So does it just go Complete to Decision? Nothing in between? Eep, that is scary!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Count me in for the waiting room. I don't know why Cornell gets such flack here on TLS. To me it seems like the coolest ivy, and Ithaca is beyond beautiful. It's a mega-reach for my numbers, but I applied out of sheer hope. I would go there in a heartbeat. Good luck everybody!

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Burger in a can wrote:To me it seems like the coolest ivy....

ehhhhh

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

ehhhhh

What does that mean? Are you going to actually say something or just sarcastically grunt?

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

ehhhhh

What does that mean? Are you going to actually say something or just sarcastically grunt?

ehhhhh = grunting?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

ehhhhh

ehhhhhh.

:). Couldn't resist.

march319

Postby march319 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:55 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

ehhhhh

HOTTEST IVY: http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/Aug ... st.aj.html

Secondly, if God forbid I'm they defer my app to RD does this mean my app will get looked at again with the other RD apps or does it mean that my app is put on the general waitlist and will never be looked at again unless they decide to go to the waitlist?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:57 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

ehhhhh

ehhhhh = grunting?

I checked, and it's not a word (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ehhhhh) so it's a grunt. :D

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:58 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

ehhhhh

ehhhhh = grunting?

i don't think grunting....i think it's more along the lines of a forced exhalation showing disgust maybe?

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:01 pm

march319 wrote:HOTTEST IVY: http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/Aug ... st.aj.html

Secondly, if God forbid I'm they defer my app to RD does this mean my app will get looked at again with the other RD apps or does it mean that my app is put on the general waitlist and will never be looked at again unless they decide to go to the waitlist?

i'm pretty sure it means you'll be evaluated again in RD in feb/march/april when you'll be either admitted, denied, or placed on reserve. then evaluated again in june and either admitted, denied, or placed on summer waitlist.
Last edited by najumobi on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Last edited by 0L Hoping for 1 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:02 pm

You know it is likely that Helmholtz was about to make a very well reasoned response to the previous quote and then his roommate, upset at Helmholtz continuing to leave the common area a mess, sneaked behind him and stabbed him in the back, resulting in him collapsing on the keyboard and sending a string of h's before his head rolled onto the enter key.

Or, what najumobi said. One of the two.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:02 pm

0L is right.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Helmholtz wrote:0L is right.

Substitute Perfect Ass for Hottest Ivy

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:04 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:

I believe the dispute was for "coolest Ivy," but yes.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:

ohh, I thought everyone knew it was the coolest ivy, what other school has these two pictures show up when you google their name??

--ImageRemoved--

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:10 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:

ohh, I thought everyone knew it was the coolest ivy, what other school has these two pictures show up when you google their name??

--ImageRemoved--

Dwight didn't go to Cornell did he?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”