Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby danidancer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:42 am

waiting4law wrote:
danidancer wrote:
waiting4law wrote:I also have the ASD and AS discussion board links. EAC 10/1, DR just now, 169/3.46.


O.M.G. Our numbers are so similar it's scary - in a good and hopeful way. You're not URM are you? Or a cancer curer? Or a nobel prize winner?


Non-URM. Cornell '95 and a lot of graduate work plus work experience since then. Mid-career changer. I'm also a re-applicant from last year; glad to have finally gotten in (if this isn't a joke). I may visit the law school office tomorrow just to make sure!

Best of luck; I'm sure you'll get in, if you haven't already. Did you check status?


Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) Still EAC 11/13. I'm hopeful but guarded - last year pretty much everyone with a 3.4x 168 combo was WL, but hoping my softs will carry me to an acceptance. CONGRATS!!!

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:44 am

waiting4law wrote:
danidancer wrote:
waiting4law wrote:I also have the ASD and AS discussion board links. EAC 10/1, DR just now, 169/3.46.


O.M.G. Our numbers are so similar it's scary - in a good and hopeful way. You're not URM are you? Or a cancer curer? Or a nobel prize winner?


Non-URM. Cornell '95 and a lot of graduate work plus work experience since then. Mid-career changer. I'm also a re-applicant from last year; glad to have finally gotten in (if this isn't a joke). I may visit the law school office tomorrow just to make sure!

Best of luck; I'm sure you'll get in, if you haven't already. Did you check status?


Andy?
Image
Is that you?

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:45 am

I'm still at 10/29 EA complete. I feel like I have the numbers and story to get me in, but nothing seems to be going my way at any of my top choices thus far so I wouldn't be surprised at all to get flat out rejected.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

Still EAC 11/11... :(

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Kiersten1985 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

Diskette15 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Diskette15 wrote:12/8, I'll be calling in first thing tomorrow just to make sure its not a typo but this acceptance would be awesome if its true!


can i ask you for your stats?


169/3.6ish
Complete 10/01

Edit: Added in complete date


Congrats numbers twin! I hope 12/8 is the day for me!

Edit: Still EAC 11/16 as of 12:46 am 12/8.
Last edited by Kiersten1985 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tamlyric » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

Wow! So great that things keep moving along in the right direction. Now if only Cornell would invite me to the party. EAC: 11/18.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby js87 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

DECISION 12/8! Was previously EAC 10/28

There is also a link to admitted student website below that, although the "decision" above makes no mention of a disposition. AHHHH



AHHHHHH



AHHH.



Am I in, or could this just be a hideous system glitch (as their status checker has often suffered from before)?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 am

js87 wrote:DECISION 12/8! Was previously EAC 10/28

There is also a link to admitted student website below that, although the "decision" above makes no mention of a disposition. AHHHH



AHHHHHH



AHHH.



Am I in, or could this just be a hideous system glitch (as their status checker has often suffered from before)?


few of us don't have that link so im guessing you're in.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 am

finalaspects wrote:
js87 wrote:DECISION 12/8! Was previously EAC 10/28

There is also a link to admitted student website below that, although the "decision" above makes no mention of a disposition. AHHHH



AHHHHHH



AHHH.



Am I in, or could this just be a hideous system glitch (as their status checker has often suffered from before)?


few of us don't have that link so im guessing you're in.

Just you and me, just you and me :(

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 am

Did everyone's status change at 12AM? Or are they still updating in the system? Because now I'm clicking refresh nonstop on a fools hope that I might get some good news.

waiting4law
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby waiting4law » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:49 am

If you're in, there are links somewhere on the AS discussion board that take you to Cornell's generic AS page, where you can request an ID card and set up an account.

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby billyez » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:50 am

Cornell,

Remember when you sent me that fee waiver back in September? I had never heard of you before then, but I never forgot about you - even though your tuition rate raised my eyebrows. But you were the first school that made me actually believe I could go into a top tier school - despite working through undergrad and all the drama, I actually believed I could do it. For that, you have my respect even if you reject me - I needed that hope. But for goodness sake, please don't make me believe that you werre only interested because I'm URM. Take a chance on me.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby summerschooled » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 am

Still at EA Complete 11/11... it's almost gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore. Almost. Ugh.

Okay, I take it back -- I want in!

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby panadera » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:54 am

dakatz wrote:Did everyone's status change at 12AM? Or are they still updating in the system? Because now I'm clicking refresh nonstop on a fools hope that I might get some good news.


I checked at 12:16 and it had already changed. I'm not sure if it came in all at once at midnight, or what. Sorry I can't be of more help.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:54 am

CyLaw wrote:Still EAC 10/6. FML.

I just want closure, Cornell.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby js87 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:55 am

LSATfromNC wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
js87 wrote:DECISION 12/8! Was previously EAC 10/28

There is also a link to admitted student website below that, although the "decision" above makes no mention of a disposition. AHHHH



AHHHHHH



AHHH.



Am I in, or could this just be a hideous system glitch (as their status checker has often suffered from before)?


few of us don't have that link so im guessing you're in.

Just you and me, just you and me :(


Don't give up hope, their status checker has been glitchy. When I was stuck in EAC limbo it had bits of programming code mixed in to the text. It's possible that you're still in, and if not, that you're just deferred. Good luck!


EDIT: For those who are curious, I've got a 3.75 GPA / 171 LSAT (retake). I was rejected last year with a much lower LSAT and ultimately decided to retake and reapply.
Last edited by js87 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:55 am

I'm at Decision 12/8 as well and I have the Admitted Students info below my Decision notification.

Was EA Complete 10/1.
~170, ~3.9.

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Kiersten1985 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:57 am

so are these early Oct ppl? Damn.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 am

Guess I'm just gonna go to sleep and now worry about it. I've pretty much conceded that I'll probably be rejected so I don't think its reasonable to get upset if I'm not in the very first round of acceptances.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6360
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 5ky » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 am

.
Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 am

billyez wrote:Cornell,

Remember when you sent me that fee waiver back in September? I had never heard of you before then, but I never forgot about you - even though your tuition rate raised my eyebrows. But you were the first school that made me actually believe I could go into a top tier school - despite working through undergrad and all the drama, I actually believed I could do it. For that, you have my respect even if you reject me - I needed that hope. But for goodness sake, please don't make me believe that you werre only interested because I'm URM. Take a chance on me.

Take a Chance On Me

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:08 am

js87 wrote:
Don't give up hope, their status checker has been glitchy. When I was stuck in EAC limbo it had bits of programming code mixed in to the text. It's possible that you're still in, and if not, that you're just deferred. Good luck!


yes, i think that was with everyone. i doubt its a glitch... you might be right on the deferred but in the mood im in... i highly doubt that as well...

lawblahblah
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:36 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby lawblahblah » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:15 am

DR 12/8, if the AS links theory is correct I'm in!

Complete 10/7, numbers are in profile.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:16 am

finalaspects wrote:
js87 wrote:
Don't give up hope, their status checker has been glitchy. When I was stuck in EAC limbo it had bits of programming code mixed in to the text. It's possible that you're still in, and if not, that you're just deferred. Good luck!


yes, i think that was with everyone. i doubt its a glitch... you might be right on the deferred but in the mood im in... i highly doubt that as well...


Yeah, I already updated my LSN with rejected...

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:17 am

LSATfromNC wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
js87 wrote:
Don't give up hope, their status checker has been glitchy. When I was stuck in EAC limbo it had bits of programming code mixed in to the text. It's possible that you're still in, and if not, that you're just deferred. Good luck!


yes, i think that was with everyone. i doubt its a glitch... you might be right on the deferred but in the mood im in... i highly doubt that as well...


Yeah, I already updated my LSN with rejected...


lol.. by morning im sure it'll be more than just us two.. and im sure someone will have called to ask. i'm on the west coast so yea by tomorrow morning this thread would have jumped 5-15 pages or so.
Last edited by finalaspects on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, hwwong and 5 guests