Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:00 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:don't mind at all. i'm 169/3.5


well you'll be accepted before me. 168/3.1 here. EAC end of oct...


ditto, 10/29. we're actually pretty close, numberwise. good luck!


you're above median in one count and close to median in the other...

i realized that no matter how close the numbers seem.. the only numbers that matter are the 25/50/75 numbers...

plus 3.5 and 3.1 is a huge difference. even 169 to 168 is. i will be hoping the best for you, and as for myself it looks gloomy...

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:17 pm

I would like to contribute this little bit of comic relief to the group, while we wait. An Investment Bank Analyst Falls Back on Plan B:

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby NayBoer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:39 pm

jks289 wrote:I would like to contribute this little bit of comic relief to the group, while we wait. An Investment Bank Analyst Falls Back on Plan B:

--LinkRemoved--


Six hours ago in the GULC thread mayosmith wrote:A little levity for those who are stressed out:

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:44 pm

NayBoer wrote:
jks289 wrote:I would like to contribute this little bit of comic relief to the group, while we wait. An Investment Bank Analyst Falls Back on Plan B:

--LinkRemoved--


Six hours ago in the GULC thread mayosmith wrote:A little levity for those who are stressed out:

--LinkRemoved--


Ha, I avoid the GUCL thread like the plague. Funny it is being passed around.

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:31 pm

what is the absolute LATEST you guys could hear back? dec. 31? dec. 15?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:40 pm

hv1 wrote:what is the absolute LATEST you guys could hear back? dec. 31? dec. 15?


I called the office and they told me Dec 24th.

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:06 pm

and they seem to update at around 7 a.m., right?

aetennis17
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby aetennis17 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Dear Cornell:

Please accept the remainder of us that remain EAC. We love you dearly.

Sincerely,

Me

User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Legacy316 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:19 pm

...
Last edited by Legacy316 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Are any RD applicants complete yet? I am still at "applied" since 11/17.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:48 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Unitas » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:59 pm

jks289 wrote:
hv1 wrote:what is the absolute LATEST you guys could hear back? dec. 31? dec. 15?


I called the office and they told me Dec 24th.


Maybe they will do all admits on the 24th... EA admits I mean.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:06 am

Kakarot wrote:
jks289 wrote:
hv1 wrote:what is the absolute LATEST you guys could hear back? dec. 31? dec. 15?


I called the office and they told me Dec 24th.


Maybe they will do all admits on the 24th... EA admits I mean.


Would be shitty if we were all rejected on Christmas Eve, at least make it the 23rd :cry:

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:08 am

LSATfromNC wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
jks289 wrote:
hv1 wrote:what is the absolute LATEST you guys could hear back? dec. 31? dec. 15?


I called the office and they told me Dec 24th.


Maybe they will do all admits on the 24th... EA admits I mean.


Would be shitty if we were all rejected on Christmas Eve, at least make it the 23rd :cry:


that would actually make both the xmas eve and xmas shitty...

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:10 am

As of 12/08/2009 your application status is: Decision

f*ck

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:11 am

LSATfromNC wrote:As of 12/08/2009 your application status is: Decision

f*ck


Decision has been a good sign in the latest wave of this morning. So do not be disheartened.

Also you can call in the morning (EST) if you want to decision fast.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:14 am

CyLaw wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:As of 12/08/2009 your application status is: Decision

f*ck


Decision has been a good sign in the latest wave of this morning. So do not be disheartened.


It's a rejection (USS Pessimism), interesting thing is I did not have a decision this morning, now it is backdated to the 8th.......

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:14 am

LSATfromNC wrote:As of 12/08/2009 your application status is: Decision

f*ck


what's your stats if you don't mind me asking? nm checked your profile

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:15 am

finalaspects wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:As of 12/08/2009 your application status is: Decision

f*ck


what's your stats if you don't mind me asking?


Numbers in profile.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:16 am

LSATfromNC wrote:As of 12/08/2009 your application status is: Decision

f*ck

hopefully what's been decided is to your liking :)
will you be waiting for email/letter or will you call in first thing in the morning?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:17 am

LSATfromNC wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:As of 12/08/2009 your application status is: Decision

f*ck


what's your stats if you don't mind me asking?


Numbers in profile.


yea i think its a rejection man... and i don't say that because of your stats... i say that because im at DR...

Diskette15
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Diskette15 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:17 am

Also at Decision! I've also got a link right underneath it that says "Please visit our Admitted Student Day RSVP Website!

Diskette15, now that you have checked out the status of your application, please feel free to see what other Cornell Law School applicants are talking about on the Admitted Student Discussion Site."

Safe to say I'm In!?!? That would be a sick, sick joke if they do they to me and I'm not in. 169/3.6ish by the way. What's everyone think am I in?

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:18 am

Diskette15 wrote:Also at Decision! I've also got a link right underneath it that says "Please visit our Admitted Student Day RSVP Website!

Diskette15, now that you have checked out the status of your application, please feel free to see what other Cornell Law School applicants are talking about on the Admitted Student Discussion Site."

Safe to say I'm In!?!? That would be a sick, sick joke if they do they to me and I'm not in. 169/3.6ish by the way. What's everyone think am I in?

you're in congrats!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:18 am

Diskette15 wrote:Also at Decision! I've also got a link right underneath it that says "Please visit our Admitted Student Day RSVP Website!

Diskette15, now that you have checked out the status of your application, please feel free to see what other Cornell Law School applicants are talking about on the Admitted Student Discussion Site."

Safe to say I'm In!?!? That would be a sick, sick joke if they do they to me and I'm not in. 169/3.6ish by the way. What's everyone think am I in?


are you DR at 12/7 or 12/8?

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:19 am

najumobi wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:As of 12/08/2009 your application status is: Decision

f*ck

hopefully what's been decided is to your liking :)
will you be waiting for email/letter or will you call in first thing in the morning?


Probably waiting as the instructions ask you to, but who knows.

finalaspects wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:As of 12/08/2009 your application status is: Decision

f*ck


what's your stats if you don't mind me asking?


Numbers in profile.


yea i think its a rejection man... and i don't say that because of your stats... i say that because im at DR...


Damn, what are your numbers? I'm confused as to why it's backdated though.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”