Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 am

daniel5215 wrote:
tilghmab wrote:In that vein, I can't believe no one has developed an LSAC Status Checker app.

someone developed one, but now the service is not available due to a letter from LSAC


I think tilghmab was referring to an iphone native app, not the automated checker website.

I may actually make such an app over the break, when I get back from traveling.

The reason the other one was shutdown was all the people hitting the service for 10+ schools at the same time. Since all these connections came from the same IP, LSAC thought their servers were being attacked. It is possible that someone was using the script to attack the servers for some type of password guessing (but I doubt that). An Iphone app would not have this problem since everyone would use their own ip address and not a servers.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:14 am

CyLaw wrote:
daniel5215 wrote:
tilghmab wrote:In that vein, I can't believe no one has developed an LSAC Status Checker app.

someone developed one, but now the service is not available due to a letter from LSAC


I think tilghmab was referring to an iphone native app, not the automated checker website.

I may actually make such an app over the break, when I get back from traveling.

The reason the other one was shutdown was all the people hitting the service for 10+ schools at the same time. Since all these connections came from the same IP, LSAC thought their servers were being attacked. It is possible that someone was using the script to attack the servers for some type of password guessing (but I doubt that). An Iphone app would not have this problem since everyone would use their own ip address and not a servers.


Make an IPhone app and sell that shit!

tilghmab
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tilghmab » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 am

Interesting. Thanks, CyLaw.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:17 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Make an IPhone app and sell that shit!


:) , that would probably be one of my free apps. the lsat timer that simulates test conditions (including randomly selected background noise) and tracks your progress by overall score and per section type, is going to be my paid app. I'll use the status checker one as an advertisement for the paid one.

User avatar
musketeerlady
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby musketeerlady » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:18 am

In as well, and being considered for Dean's Scholarship! Have been EAC since 10/9/09.

Even the extremity of 3 Cornell winters can't prevent me from being super happy! Congrats to everyone, and good luck to those still waiting!

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:18 am

CyLaw wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Make an IPhone app and sell that shit!


:) , that would probably be one of my free apps. the lsat timer that simulates test conditions (including randomly selected background noise) and tracks your progress by overall score and per section type, is going to be my paid app. I'll use the status checker one as an advertisement for the paid one.


You will corner the market for neurotic law students.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:19 am

CyLaw wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Make an IPhone app and sell that shit!


:) , that would probably be one of my free apps. the lsat timer that simulates test conditions (including randomly selected background noise) and tracks your progress by overall score and per section type, is going to be my paid app. I'll use the status checker one as an advertisement for the paid one.


But, um, why would anyone who needed a status checker app be interested in ever timing an LSAT again?

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Amelie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 am

musketeerlady wrote:In as well, and being considered for Dean's Scholarship! Have been EAC since 10/9/09.

Even the extremity of 3 Cornell winters can't prevent me from being super happy! Congrats to everyone, and good luck to those still waiting!



Sorry if this is redundant, I haven't been following this thread super closely. I have Decision 12/7... is the consensus that I should call the office and they'll give me my decision???

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 am

Burger in a can wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Make an IPhone app and sell that shit!


:) , that would probably be one of my free apps. the lsat timer that simulates test conditions (including randomly selected background noise) and tracks your progress by overall score and per section type, is going to be my paid app. I'll use the status checker one as an advertisement for the paid one.


But, um, why would anyone who needed a status checker app be interested in ever timing an LSAT again?


Retakes and word of mouth? Its not the best plan, I just came up with it in 10 mins and I am a programmer not a marketer.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 am

maggiebre wrote:
musketeerlady wrote:In as well, and being considered for Dean's Scholarship! Have been EAC since 10/9/09.

Even the extremity of 3 Cornell winters can't prevent me from being super happy! Congrats to everyone, and good luck to those still waiting!



Sorry if this is redundant, I haven't been following this thread super closely. I have Decision 12/7... is the consensus that I should call the office and they'll give me my decision???


Yes! And I am predicting a congratulations

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 am

maggiebre wrote:
musketeerlady wrote:In as well, and being considered for Dean's Scholarship! Have been EAC since 10/9/09.

Even the extremity of 3 Cornell winters can't prevent me from being super happy! Congrats to everyone, and good luck to those still waiting!



Sorry if this is redundant, I haven't been following this thread super closely. I have Decision 12/7... is the consensus that I should call the office and they'll give me my decision???


Let me consult the 8-ball.

All signs point to YES-DO-IT-NOW-DO-IT-WHAT-ARE-YOU-WAITING-FOR-?

mxc
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby mxc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 am

maggiebre wrote:
musketeerlady wrote:In as well, and being considered for Dean's Scholarship! Have been EAC since 10/9/09.

Even the extremity of 3 Cornell winters can't prevent me from being super happy! Congrats to everyone, and good luck to those still waiting!



Sorry if this is redundant, I haven't been following this thread super closely. I have Decision 12/7... is the consensus that I should call the office and they'll give me my decision???

Consensus so far based on others that went DR 12/7 is that you're in with scholarship consideration. But yeah, go ahead and call to confirm.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:24 am

Congrats guys! It looks like this is a scholarship wave!

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:24 am

CyLaw wrote:
Retakes and word of mouth? Its not the best plan, I just came up with it in 10 mins and I am a programmer not a marketer.


I will sell it for you. I swear I am better than Billy Mayes. Now, we need to sell it for 19.98 (people are catching on to the 19.99 pricing) and we need to have something more to offer. A free shamwow should do. Also, it can be paid through three [strike]evil[/strike] easy payments of $6.66.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:25 am

maggiebre wrote:
musketeerlady wrote:In as well, and being considered for Dean's Scholarship! Have been EAC since 10/9/09.

Even the extremity of 3 Cornell winters can't prevent me from being super happy! Congrats to everyone, and good luck to those still waiting!



Sorry if this is redundant, I haven't been following this thread super closely. I have Decision 12/7... is the consensus that I should call the office and they'll give me my decision???


--ImageRemoved--

GMVarun
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby GMVarun » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:26 am

Have your statuses changed recently? Or were these all at the same time, say 7 am or something? Is there any point constantly refreshing my status check is my real question I guess?

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tintin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 am

GMVarun wrote:Have your statuses changed recently? Or were these all at the same time, say 7 am or something? Is there any point constantly refreshing my status check is my real question I guess?


+1 I would like the answer to this as well. Help us out here decision folks!

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Amelie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 am

Admitted and under consideration for a scholarship!! Glad I called :mrgreen:

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:31 am

maggiebre wrote:Admitted and under consideration for a scholarship!! Glad I called :mrgreen:


Congrats!

(And Go GW)

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:36 am

maggiebre wrote:Admitted and under consideration for a scholarship!! Glad I called :mrgreen:


Woot!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tamlyric » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:41 am

Congrats everyone!!! :mrgreen: Is it just me? Or has the mood in here shifted ever-so-slightly?

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:43 am

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby js87 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:45 am

OP here -- still at EAC 10/28. CONGRATULATIONS to the first wave of acceptances. To those who said they are being considered for a scholarship: how did you find out? Thanks!

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:45 am

js87 wrote:OP here -- still at EAC 10/28. CONGRATULATIONS to the first wave of acceptances. To those who said they are being considered for a scholarship: how did you find out? Thanks!


They told us over the phone. They said more info would be in the formal letter.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby js87 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
js87 wrote:OP here -- still at EAC 10/28. CONGRATULATIONS to the first wave of acceptances. To those who said they are being considered for a scholarship: how did you find out? Thanks!


They told us over the phone. They said more info would be in the formal letter.


Congrats! Are decisions today slowly rolling in, or were they all 'switched over' to DR at the same time?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: taxman14 and 3 guests