Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jks289

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:46 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I just spoke with a very nice lady at the admissions office. She told me some information that I wanted to pass on:

1) ALL EA Decisions will be given by the 24th, they will mail them before the 24th; however, you may not get a Status Update until the 24th.

2) Acceptances will be EMAILED this year. I asked her if she was positive on this and she said that they should be emailed. All other decisions will be mailed.

3) They are processing the first actual decisions right now and we should see first acceptances "very shortly"

You are my hero!

Edited to add: Unless I go to the 24th with no email and spend Christmas knowing I am out. Then maybe I hate you. :D
Last edited by jks289 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:46 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I just spoke with a very nice lady at the admissions office. She told me some information that I wanted to pass on:

1) ALL EA Decisions will be given by the 24th, they will mail them before the 24th; however, you may not get a Status Update until the 24th.

2) Acceptances will be EMAILED this year. I asked her if she was positive on this and she said that they should be emailed. All other decisions will be mailed.

3) They are processing the first actual decisions right now and we should see first acceptances "very shortly"

Oh wow. Thanks for calling and getting this info!

Email? How awesome.

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:46 pm

so if we don't have snail mail by the 24th, and no emails by the 24th.... i can look forward to a rejection?

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:47 pm

finalaspects wrote:

so if we don't have snail mail by the 24th, and no emails by the 24th.... i can look forward to a rejection?

That is what she made it sound like. She said they are changing their admissions process this year, so there may be bugs though!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:48 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

That is what she made it sound like. She said they are changing their admissions process this year, so there may be bugs though!

Rejection OR deferral.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:49 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

good to know. thanks!

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:49 pm

crackberry wrote:
najumobi wrote:
utcris410 wrote:Does Cornell use the index number on the LSAC report?

i think all schools use an index score. each index score is based on a school's own formula, weighting lsat and gpa in different proportions.

Yes all schools use an index but only some schools publish that index. Cornell is one of those schools. The schools that publish their indexes (like Cornell, Duke, Northwestern, etc.) will get the index on the LSAC report. Those that DON'T publish (like Chicago, Penn, Michigan, UVA, etc.) will not get the index on the LSAC report.

^^This is why I asked.

Wanpsack1

Postby Wanpsack1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:49 pm

If we will start hearing very shortly we need fill up at least two more pages of speculation and stress so that we can hit the desired "100 pages before first acceptance" mark. Hurry! Hurry!

(edited to read acceptance vice notification)
Last edited by Wanpsack1 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:50 pm

jks289 wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Rejection OR deferral.

What an AWESOME Christmas gift! :roll:

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Rejection OR deferral.[/quote]

What an AWESOME Christmas gift! :roll:[/quote]

Lesser of two evils. :(

wired

Postby wired » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:53 pm

While I trust 0L entirely and I believe this, I won't be surprised if this isn't completely the case. There seems to be a different answer from each admissions office employee you speak with.

Here's hoping emails get sent before the end of next week.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:55 pm

wired wrote:While I trust 0L entirely and I believe this, I won't be surprised if this isn't completely the case. There seems to be a different answer from each admissions office employee you speak with.

She told me if I want 100 percent confirmation to email the lady who actually sends the acceptances and gave me her email address. I just emailed her and will send out the response as soon as I get it.

jdhopeful23

Postby jdhopeful23 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:56 pm

wired wrote:While I trust 0L entirely and I believe this, I won't be surprised if this isn't completely the case. There seems to be a different answer from each admissions office employee you speak with.

+1 - I am so hoping the employee 0L spoke with was the one sane/reliable employee though :)

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks, 0L. Great to have this information! Finally, at least SOMETHING! :mrgreen:

frix0803

Postby frix0803 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:00 pm

i want to know how many days 'very shortly' will translate into. Maybe, a few hours, or a few days???

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:01 pm

frix0803 wrote:i want to know how many days 'very shortly' will translate into. Maybe, a few hours, or a few days???

I really tried to get more specific than that but she said they really did not know the exact time because the committee is still deciding on some, but she heard it would be "very soon"

frix0803

Postby frix0803 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:02 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
frix0803 wrote:i want to know how many days 'very shortly' will translate into. Maybe, a few hours, or a few days???

I really tried to get more specific than that but she said they really did not know the exact time because the committee is still deciding on some, but she heard it would be "very soon"

Well, no matter what, thanks for taking up the difficult task of calling and sharing the info. Great thanks!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:02 pm

I felt a surge of adrenaline when I read "very shortly" and had to remind myself I am in the 11/13 batch. I don't expect to hear anything this week. I am hoping I'll know by next week. Let's all just take a collective deep, cleansing breath.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:03 pm

jks289 wrote:

I felt a surge of adrenaline when I read "very shortly" and had to remind myself I am in the 11/13 batch. I don't expect to hear anything this week. I am hoping I'll know by next week. Let's all just take a collective deep, cleansing breath.

+1. Grr. Darn 11/13 batch. :)

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:03 pm

I kind of want this thread to be 100 pages long before acceptances come out. Why? Not sure.

According to Google images, this is somewhere in Ithaca. I have never seen so much cold in one place.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Also since Cornell now knows my identity if they read TLS (as a very nice poster PMd me to tell me).. HEY CORNELL :) Please let me in

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:04 pm

kpd-m wrote:I kind of want this thread to be 100 pages long before acceptances come out. Why? Not sure.

According to Google images, this is somewhere in Ithaca. I have never seen so much cold in one place.

And I want to go there, why? :)

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

jks289 wrote:

I'm in the 11/12 batch, and thank you for crushing my hopes. At first I thought the rolling admissions process was nice. Now I'm just wishing it was like undergrad where decisions are given basically on or a few days before a specific date.

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:06 pm

danidancer wrote:
kpd-m wrote:I kind of want this thread to be 100 pages long before acceptances come out. Why? Not sure.

And I want to go there, why? :)

It's absolutely beautiful. But it's 40 degrees here, and everyone is shivering...

Edit: I live in the south.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”