Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
najumobi

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 pm

utcris410 wrote:Does Cornell use the index number on the LSAC report?

i think all schools use an index score. each index score is based on a school's own formula, weighting lsat and gpa in different proportions.

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 pm

CyLaw wrote:
bighead715 wrote:
CyLaw wrote:As a note to no one in particular, but to all starting to display bad moods. Do not start attacking people in this thread. This is to discuss Cornell and the app cycle, not for personal attacks.

your dog is ugly

Which one?

--ImageRemoved--

Ohmygosh....precious!!

I have a weimaraner with me here. (Fam's dog, not mine.)

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:17 pm

CyLaw wrote:
bighead715 wrote:
CyLaw wrote:As a note to no one in particular, but to all starting to display bad moods. Do not start attacking people in this thread. This is to discuss Cornell and the app cycle, not for personal attacks.

your dog is ugly

Which one?

--ImageRemoved--

What breeds are they? They are further evidence that dogs > babies.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:19 pm

najumobi wrote:
utcris410 wrote:Does Cornell use the index number on the LSAC report?

i think all schools use an index score. each index score is based on a school's own formula, weighting lsat and gpa in different proportions.

Yes all schools use an index but only some schools publish that index. Cornell is one of those schools. The schools that publish their indexes (like Cornell, Duke, Northwestern, etc.) will get the index on the LSAC report. Those that DON'T publish (like Chicago, Penn, Michigan, UVA, etc.) will not get the index on the LSAC report.

Matypete

Postby Matypete » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Status check page isn't working now... perhaps they're updating to decision?

I've been EA complete for a while...

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Not to detract from the adorable dog conversation, but anyone have a guess as to the last day they can update to DR for Early Action. If they say everyone will know by mail by December 24 (That's what I was told when I called) when is the latest they could have decision rendered and send out letters. I am thinking 10 days before the 24th, maybe a week at the minimum. Shouldn't everyone be at DR by Monday, or Thursday at the latest. Wishful thinking?
Last edited by jks289 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bfinlayson

Postby bfinlayson » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:25 pm

to everyone who is still waiting for their money: i called and the lady said they switched over to a new way of processing the fee waivers and now it is backed up. she said mine had been processed but there is no way of telling when it might go out...and to check back before christmas. argh!

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks MrsTrucker and kpd-m.

And they were both rescues so we are unsure of breed. The black one seems to be mostly black lab with a little bit of chow (her tail and black spotted tongue). The white one we thought was a husky as a puppy; she was 4 months old when we first got her from the Animal Rescue league. Now we are unsure what she is, people say husky, collie, little bit german shepherd, sometimes coyote when she is in a crazy mood.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:28 pm

jks289 wrote:Not to detract from the adorable dog conversation, but anyone have a guess as to the last day they can update to DR for Early Action. If they say everyone will know by mail by December 24 (That's what I was told when I called) when is the latest they could have decision rendered and send out letters. I am thinking 10 days before the 24th, maybe a week at the minimum. Shouldn't everyone be at DR by Monday, or Thursday at the latest. Wishful thinking?

I don't know, but I hope you are right. But since we are in a very different situation then last year apparently I don't think we can predict what Cornell is going to do anymore.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:29 pm

CyLaw wrote:
jks289 wrote:Not to detract from the adorable dog conversation, but anyone have a guess as to the last day they can update to DR for Early Action. If they say everyone will know by mail by December 24 (That's what I was told when I called) when is the latest they could have decision rendered and send out letters. I am thinking 10 days before the 24th, maybe a week at the minimum. Shouldn't everyone be at DR by Monday, or Thursday at the latest. Wishful thinking?

I don't know, but I hope you are right. But since we are in a very different situation then last year apparently I don't think we can predict what Cornell is going to do anymore.

technically i think they can send it out on dec 31st... so we might not receive anything in the mail til january...

edit: didn't see that you called them and they actually said by 24. but they didn't mean they would mail it by 24th?
Last edited by finalaspects on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Wow. I like that idea. I know we had to get decisions by the end of Dec, but I didn't know that everything would be mailed by the 24th. (But I didn't call, and you did.) The Monday/Thursday thing seems logical. So obsessively check our status starting tomorrow? Okay!

Wanpsack1

Postby Wanpsack1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:33 pm

kpd-m wrote:

Wow. I like that idea. I know we had to get decisions by the end of Dec, but I didn't know that everything would be mailed by the 24th. (But I didn't call, and you did.) The Monday/Thursday thing seems logical. So obsessively check our status starting tomorrow? Okay!

We are supposed to wait until tomorrow to obsessively check our status? OOPS! I started a few weeks early. Sorry for the headstart.

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:
kpd-m wrote:

We are supposed to wait until tomorrow to obsessively check our status? OOPS! I started a few weeks early. Sorry for the headstart.

Practice round. Didn't count. No big deal.

Wanpsack1

Postby Wanpsack1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:36 pm

OK, at least I am warmed up and ready for the real thing...

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:37 pm

kpd-m wrote:

I'll feel bad if this turns out not to be true. But that is definitely what she told me on the phone. "Everyone will be notified by mail by the 24th." I understood it to mean we would receive the letter before the 24th, but maybe it just means DR by 24th.

Edited to add: I meant Monday the 14th, or Thursday the 17th.
Last edited by jks289 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MirandaHobbes

Postby MirandaHobbes » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Matypete wrote:Status check page isn't working now... perhaps they're updating to decision?

I've been EA complete for a while...

i got on, no problem. still EA complete (10/29)

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:38 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Still EA 11/5.

+1

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:40 pm

jks289 wrote:
kpd-m wrote:

I'll feel bad if this turns out not to be true. But that is definitely what she told me on the phone. "Everyone will be notified by mail by the 24th." I understood it to mean we would receive the letter before the 24th, but maybe it just means DR by 24th.

Don't feel bad. Everyone makes predictions and most people will end up being wrong. No one should blame you (or make you feel bad) for anything, particularly in such a crazy cycle.

DR on the 24th would be intense. Spending Christmas/New Years not sure if it's a good decision or a bad decision? I would rather not know until I got the letter in that situation,

MirandaHobbes

Postby MirandaHobbes » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:42 pm

kpd-m wrote:
jks289 wrote:
kpd-m wrote:

Don't feel bad. Everyone makes predictions and most people will end up being wrong. No one should blame you (or make you feel bad) for anything, particularly in such a crazy cycle.

DR on the 24th would be intense. Spending Christmas/New Years not sure if it's a good decision or a bad decision? I would rather not know until I got the letter in that situation,

when do they close for break?

EDIT: final exams dec. 18. fwiw
Last edited by MirandaHobbes on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wired

Postby wired » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:42 pm

danidancer wrote:
wired wrote:
bighead715 wrote:

your dog is ugly

Your puppet is ugly.

YOUR MOM IS UGLY!

Hitler thought my mom was ugly, so obviously you (and GW Bush and Barack Obama) are just like Hitler.

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Do we know what the index number for acceptances last year was?

oksoonersfan

Postby oksoonersfan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:44 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:when do they close for break?

Last day of finals is the 18th, but the administrative offices stay open until the 23rd.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:44 pm

utcris410 wrote:Do we know what the index number for acceptances last year was?

I thought that of the T14 Cornell was among the more genuinely holistic.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:45 pm

I just spoke with a very nice lady at the admissions office. She told me some information that I wanted to pass on:

1) ALL EA Decisions will be given by the 24th, they will mail them before the 24th; however, you may not get a Status Update until the 24th.

2) Acceptances will be EMAILED this year. I asked her if she was positive on this and she said that they should be emailed. All other decisions will be mailed.

3) They are processing the first actual decisions right now and we should see first acceptances "very shortly"

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:45 pm

kpd-m wrote:

they won't have say whether or not we were accepted on the status checker? because that would be very very intense... not sure if i'll enjoy the holidays and just hope that it'll just pass by quickly

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”