Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alexyoshi
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby alexyoshi » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
autumn80 wrote:
alexyoshi wrote:Image


^^ Is that the set from Narnia?

I could do with a fairytale movie now. SIgh.


Between this and the sudden onslaught of football babble, it seems like somebody slipped LSD into the Cornell waiting room punch... WTF is going on in here?


it's cornell's fortress of solitude... you can see the professors near the bottom

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:55 pm

billyez wrote:I realize that Smallville has seen better days, but come on folks; that's obviously the Fortress of Solitude from that show's set. The WB imprint seals the deal.


That's hilarious btw, if somehow I get in, I'm going to call the library the FOS.


I couldn't place a show/movie, but I knew it had to involve Superman in some way.

mxc
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby mxc » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:55 pm

crackberry wrote:
mxc wrote:Trying to connect what your wrote and what the person you quoted wrote and... I got nothing.

Really? There wasn't an explicit connection in that the person didn't explicitly talk about the Heisman I guess, but mentioning Pasadena '10 clearly is referencing the BCS Nat'l Champ. game, which Texas (her UG) will be playing in, so I don't think the leap was too difficult to make. Then again, if you don't care about college football, you wouldn't have gotten it at all.

You're right, I didn't get the reference.

User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Legacy316 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Lol @ anyone who thinks Colt McCoy is capable of performing even remotely close to the level that Vince Young did.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:00 pm

Legacy316 wrote:Lol @ anyone who thinks Colt McCoy is capable of performing even remotely close to the level that Vince Young did.


+1

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Legacy316 wrote:Lol @ anyone who thinks Colt McCoy is capable of performing even remotely close to the level that Vince Young did.


+1


+2



(Shameless Bama trolling).

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby vasiok » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Still complete lol.

GULC just dinged me so this is my last chance of going to LS.

I give myself about 1% chance.

User avatar
bfinlayson
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bfinlayson » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 pm

geez louise everyone calm down!

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:13 pm

vasiok wrote:Still complete lol.

GULC just dinged me so this is my last chance of going to LS.

I give myself about 1% chance.


You didn't apply anywhere else? (are the numbers in your profile for real?)

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby vasiok » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
vasiok wrote:Still complete lol.

GULC just dinged me so this is my last chance of going to LS.

I give myself about 1% chance.


You didn't apply anywhere else? (are the numbers in your profile for real?)



Fake numbers. I applied to three schools, two have rejected me so far :)

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby clint4law » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:57 pm

anyone else still complete since 11/5?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jks289 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:01 pm

vasiok wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
vasiok wrote:Still complete lol.

GULC just dinged me so this is my last chance of going to LS.

I give myself about 1% chance.


You didn't apply anywhere else? (are the numbers in your profile for real?)



Fake numbers. I applied to three schools, two have rejected me so far :)


I applied to more than three schools, but if I don't get into Cornell I probably won't be going to law school next year either, so I feel your pain. Good luck!

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Emma. » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:32 pm

vasiok wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
vasiok wrote:Still complete lol.

GULC just dinged me so this is my last chance of going to LS.

I give myself about 1% chance.


You didn't apply anywhere else? (are the numbers in your profile for real?)



Fake numbers. I applied to three schools, two have rejected me so far :)


It isn't too late to apply to a few more!

User avatar
amandap
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby amandap » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:33 pm

I have been EA complete since 10/09

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Hey guys,

Other than the deferrals, has Cornell actually rejected anyone? LSN shows no one but i recall someone stating that rejections have gone out?

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:36 pm

emrose wrote:
vasiok wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
vasiok wrote:Still complete lol.

GULC just dinged me so this is my last chance of going to LS.

I give myself about 1% chance.


You didn't apply anywhere else? (are the numbers in your profile for real?)



Fake numbers. I applied to three schools, two have rejected me so far :)


It isn't too late to apply to a few more!


+1! I applied to a school this past Friday, and I went Decision Rendered there today. Still plenty of time in the cycle! (Although I admire your raw audacity)

User avatar
amandap
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby amandap » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:37 pm

2 or 3 of the 12/04 DR people called and they were all rejected.

mxc
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby mxc » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:38 pm

finalaspects wrote:Hey guys,

Other than the deferrals, has Cornell actually rejected anyone? LSN shows no one but i recall someone stating that rejections have gone out?

There have been 4-5 confirmed rejections from the latest 12/4 batch of decisions. It's possible every decision in that batch was a rejection.

User avatar
amandap
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby amandap » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Has anyone called and heard they were accepted yet?

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MirandaHobbes » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:41 pm

amandap wrote:Has anyone called and heard they were accepted yet?


no acceptances.

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby vasiok » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
+1! I applied to a school this past Friday, and I went Decision Rendered there today. Still plenty of time in the cycle! (Although I admire your raw audacity)


Thing is, going to a school in T25-T30 range is not financially or politically profitable for me.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby finalaspects » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:44 pm

mxc wrote:
finalaspects wrote:Hey guys,

Other than the deferrals, has Cornell actually rejected anyone? LSN shows no one but i recall someone stating that rejections have gone out?

There have been 4-5 confirmed rejections from the latest 12/4 batch of decisions. It's possible every decision in that batch was a rejection.


Do you know when these people went complete? I guess its a good sign to be still be EAC as long as there wasn't a cutoff date on those rejections?

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby SilverE2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:45 pm

vasiok wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
+1! I applied to a school this past Friday, and I went Decision Rendered there today. Still plenty of time in the cycle! (Although I admire your raw audacity)


Thing is, going to a school in T25-T30 range is not financially or politically profitable for me.


The same way I feel. What's your plan if you don't get in this cycle? I've already burned my three takes (cancel, two scores) but am honestly considering a retake when I'm eligible again (December 2010). I spoke to a guy last cycle who got into cornell and georgetown with a cancel, 164, 168 and 174 (4 times but 3 scores).

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby vasiok » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:55 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
vasiok wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
+1! I applied to a school this past Friday, and I went Decision Rendered there today. Still plenty of time in the cycle! (Although I admire your raw audacity)


Thing is, going to a school in T25-T30 range is not financially or politically profitable for me.


The same way I feel. What's your plan if you don't get in this cycle? I've already burned my three takes (cancel, two scores) but am honestly considering a retake when I'm eligible again (December 2010). I spoke to a guy last cycle who got into cornell and georgetown with a cancel, 164, 168 and 174 (4 times but 3 scores).


I'm considering it. Either in June 10 or 11.

Another possibility is going for top MBA in couple of years.

Besides, I'm already making very good money at a very rewarding job so I'm not in much hurry.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby tintin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:56 pm

SilverE2 wrote:The same way I feel. What's your plan if you don't get in this cycle? I've already burned my three takes (cancel, two scores) but am honestly considering a retake when I'm eligible again (December 2010). I spoke to a guy last cycle who got into cornell and georgetown with a cancel, 164, 168 and 174 (4 times but 3 scores).


wow...that is crazy. i couldn't deal taking the lsat that many times (i took it twice and got the same exact score) but more power to you if you can! improvements can definitely be made, i always like hearing stories where people improved a lot.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”