Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Pearalegal

Silver

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by Pearalegal » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:53 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:A lot of people haven't posted their numbers, but since page 88 I've got:

EAC dates:
1 of each
October

1st (~170/~3.9)
2nd Pearalegal (168/3.52)
6th (169/3.5)
7th (75%/75%)
15th (170/3.8 )
27th (168/3.1)
28th (75%/25%)
29th (169/3.5)
And I was deferred.

when were you deferred pearalegal? i think we were trying to get a picture of all the folks left in the EAC pool after the deferral, defferal, rejection batches.
Oh, oops, sorry.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:22 pm

Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hopefulincal

Bronze

Post by hopefulincal » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:41 pm

While we're waiting, anyone want to add your thoughts to this list?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8#p2278408

slt

New

Post by slt » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:43 pm

I took the September LSAT and retook it (December).

Cornell just sent an email asking whether I wanted them to defer me to regular admissions or have them decide on my application just using the September LSAT.

Does anybody know if they actually took a look at applications that have listed a future LSAT date?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bfinlayson

New

Post by bfinlayson » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had received their fee waiver check back in the mail? I mailed in my memo at the end of October, but I haven't gotten anything back. :x

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:51 pm

bfinlayson wrote:Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had received their fee waiver check back in the mail? I mailed in my memo at the end of October, but I haven't gotten anything back. :x
I mailed in October (maybe september) and I recieved it in a few weeks. I would call them.

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:53 pm

bfinlayson wrote:Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had received their fee waiver check back in the mail? I mailed in my memo at the end of October, but I haven't gotten anything back. :x
just saw your ug school and major. same as me! good luck! :D

wackjickham

Bronze

Post by wackjickham » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm still in the pool and am 174/3.58 EAC on 11/12

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bfinlayson

New

Post by bfinlayson » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:58 pm

utcris410 wrote:
gl to you too! Pasadena 09!!!!! haha

*edit '10 ...i'm an idiot.
Last edited by bfinlayson on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

squelp

New

Post by squelp » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Still waiting:
EAC 10/2
172/3.6

rolark

New

Post by rolark » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:00 pm

slt wrote:I took the September LSAT and retook it (December).

Cornell just sent an email asking whether I wanted them to defer me to regular admissions or have them decide on my application just using the September LSAT.

Does anybody know if they actually took a look at applications that have listed a future LSAT date?
I emailed them about this when I was in the same situation, trying to fish out some information. Though it was still a little ambiguous, they did say something along the lines of "we can review your application now, but it might be best to choose regular decision and wait on the LSAT." They also told me I'd pretty much be on top of the pile since I had applied during the EA time frame.

I inferred that they would possibly make a decision without my score, and that I should have my application held for regular decision. Since it looks like you'd be in there pretty early for regular decision too, I might suggest you do the same.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:21 pm

bfinlayson wrote:
utcris410 wrote:

The Horns don't deserve to be in that game in the first place. That said, I'm pretty happy McCoy all but played himself out of the Heisman race on Saturday.

Looks like we'll finally get a non-QB Heisman winner. First since Reggie Bush and only the second since 1999. Thank god.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:24 pm

crackberry wrote:
bfinlayson wrote:
utcris410 wrote:

The Horns don't deserve to be in that game in the first place. That said, I'm pretty happy McCoy all but played himself out of the Heisman race on Saturday.

Looks like we'll finally get a non-QB Heisman winner. First since Reggie Bush and only the second since 1999. Thank god.
i guess you were rooting for tcu? putting down people's schools is really cool. especially when it comes to texas football. good luck to you in your cycle!!!!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:35 pm

utcris410 wrote: i guess you were rooting for tcu? putting down people's schools is really cool. especially when it comes to texas football. good luck to you in your cycle!!!!
Nope, not rooting for TCU. Just rooting against Texas. They are clearly NOT one of the best two teams in the country. I think they'll get stomped by Alabama, ala Ohio State in 06/07 vs. Florida. Just because Texas went undefeated in a very mediocre Big XII does not make them better than a whole host of other teams. That's the nature of the BCS though, so there's nothing that can be done about it.

I do think Colt McCoy is a vastly overrated quarterback though. People always harp on his completion percentage, but when 90 percent of your passes are <5 yards, you're bound to have a pretty high completion percentage. I'm glad he was exposed by a good defense against Nebraska and happy another mediocre quarterback won't win an undeserved Heisman (see: Danny Wuerffel, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Jason White, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, with Tebow of course being the biggest outrage of them all).

You're right that this criticism was unprovoked but I figured this was as good a place as any to share (despite the fact that this is the Cornell thread and not the UT thread).

mxc

New

Post by mxc » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:37 pm

crackberry wrote:
bfinlayson wrote:
utcris410 wrote:

Trying to connect what your wrote and what the person you quoted wrote and... I got nothing.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:40 pm

The stupidest, and also most common argument in America:
sports fan 1 wrote:The team I prefer is going to win!
sports fan 2 wrote:No! The team I prefer will win!
sports fan 1 wrote:I am upset by what you just said. My team is clearer superior.
sports fan 2 wrote:No! Mine is! And I am also upset by what you said!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Not gonna take this any further so I don't cause anyone waiting (for a DECISION from Cornell) a heart attack but I just want to say people can play with numbers to their advantage but it's a fact that Colt McCoy is the winningest starting quarterback in history.

He must be doing something correctly.

"Four years ago, Vince Young channeled a similar sense of disrespect into one of the greatest performances the Rose Bowl Stadium has ever seen, and the 'Horns knocked off heavily favored USC. Colt McCoy will presumably carry similar motivation on Jan. 7, and one should never doubt a guy who's won more games (45) than any starting quarterback in history."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... ef=shareFB

autumn80

New

Post by autumn80 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:45 pm

alexyoshi wrote:Image
^^ Is that the set from Narnia?

I could do with a fairytale movie now. SIgh.
Last edited by autumn80 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:45 pm

mxc wrote: Trying to connect what your wrote and what the person you quoted wrote and... I got nothing.
Really? There wasn't an explicit connection in that the person didn't explicitly talk about the Heisman I guess, but mentioning Pasadena '10 clearly is referencing the BCS Nat'l Champ. game, which Texas (her UG) will be playing in, so I don't think the leap was too difficult to make. Then again, if you don't care about college football, you wouldn't have gotten it at all.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:49 pm

autumn80 wrote:

Between this and the sudden onslaught of football babble, it seems like somebody slipped LSD into the Cornell waiting room punch... WTF is going on in here?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
autumn80 wrote:

Between this and the sudden onslaught of football babble, it seems like somebody slipped LSD into the Cornell waiting room punch... WTF is going on in here?
haha....deliriuim

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 pm

I realize that Smallville has seen better days, but come on folks; that's obviously the Fortress of Solitude from that show's set. The WB imprint seals the deal.

That's hilarious btw, if somehow I get in, I'm going to call the library the FOS.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:53 pm

utcris410 wrote:Not gonna take this any further so I don't cause anyone waiting (for a DECISION from Cornell) a heart attack but I just want to say people can play with numbers to their advantage but it's a fact that Colt McCoy is the winningest starting quarterback in history.

He must be doing something correctly.

"Four years ago, Vince Young channeled a similar sense of disrespect into one of the greatest performances the Rose Bowl Stadium has ever seen, and the 'Horns knocked off heavily favored USC. Colt McCoy will presumably carry similar motivation on Jan. 7, and one should never doubt a guy who's won more games (45) than any starting quarterback in history."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... ef=shareFB
I agree this should stop, but I have two points:

1. The Heisman is not a career award (which the writer of that article seems to understand by implying that McCoy won't win it despite his 45 wins).

2. McCoy is only as good as the defense he's playing against is bad. Meaning when he plays good defenses he has bad games. Which is to be expected up to a point, but great players elevate their games against great teams. Here's what McCoy has done:

- 19 of his 27 TD passes and four of his five best passing games have come against teams which currently do not have a winning record. Against opponents with winning records, he's thrown for eight TDs and five Ints.

- Texas has faced only two teams currently ranked this season (Oklahoma State and Nebraska). Against Ok. St., McCoy threw for 171 yards on 16-of-21 passing and a TD in a game which the Texas defense/special teams accounted for two TDs. We all know how badly he played against Nebraska.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id ... by-gerhart

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
That question could have been asked about 50 pages ago when Cornell had not accepted anyone yet. At this point, isn't it to be expected?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”