Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
danidancer

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby danidancer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:01 pm

beamsmehome wrote:
hv1 wrote:is it better to see DR or EA complete still?

btw -- is this the only T14 on here to not have any decisions made?

It seems like this was a third wave of rejections, from what I can tell. And it might be the only one that hasn't let anyone in... I can't think of a counterpoint.

No - semantics. This is a third wave of decisions. First two waves were deferrals. Deferral > Rejection.

galahad85

Postby galahad85 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:02 pm

beamsmehome wrote:

It seems like this was a third wave of rejections, from what I can tell. And it might be the only one that hasn't let anyone in... I can't think of a counterpoint.

Has Penn let anyone in? I don't think they have, but I haven't been following that one too closely.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Has anyone with EA 11/13 complete date or later gotten a decision or deferral yet?

Sorry for those who are out. It's a bummer, but there is good news coming for you all before this cycle is over. Good luck.

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:04 pm

galahad85 wrote:
beamsmehome wrote:

Has Penn let anyone in? I don't think they have, but I haven't been following that one too closely.

I don't think they have either.

amandap

Postby amandap » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:04 pm

I don't think Penn or Stanford or Boston College or USC have let anyone in yet.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:05 pm

I also dont think Stanford, Yale or Chicago have made decisions

dlf9210

Postby dlf9210 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:07 pm

It looks like it's better to see EA still. If they are sending all decisions in batches, then this set should all be rejections. There are applicants who have been complete toward the end of October without a decision but applicants who were complete in early November with rejections. Hopefully this is a good sign for us who are still waiting.

Also, I thought you receive an email if accepted. True or false, anyone?

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 pm

galahad85 wrote:Has Penn let anyone in? I don't think they have, but I haven't been following that one too closely.

Nothing from Penn yet.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:15 pm

dlf9210 wrote:

It looks like it's better to see EA still. If they are sending all decisions in batches, then this set should all be rejections. There are applicants who have been complete toward the end of October without a decision but applicants who were complete in early November with rejections. Hopefully this is a good sign for us who are still waiting.

I suspect that we're also going to see another wave of deferrals. Based on the stats of those who were deferred on 11/20 and 11/24, most (all?) of the batch consisted of those who were EA complete by 10/31 or earlier. It would be very strange if Cornell did not defer anyone who went EA complete after the first of November.

I have no idea if the next batch of deferrals will go out before, after, or concurrent with the the first batch of acceptances. There's not much to do except wait (and fret, of course).

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:19 pm

Dignan wrote:
dlf9210 wrote:

I suspect that we're also going to see another wave of deferrals. Based on the stats of those who were deferred on 11/20 and 11/24, most (all?) of the batch consisted of those who were EA complete by 10/31 or earlier. It would be very strange if Cornell did not defer anyone who went EA complete after the first of November.

I have no idea if the next batch of deferrals will go out before, after, or concurrent with the the first batch of acceptances. There's not much to do except wait (and fret, of course).

+1 - that's why I thought TODAY would be those deferrals. UGH - c'mon Cornell - just accept someone already!

beamsmehome

Postby beamsmehome » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:23 pm

danidancer wrote:
beamsmehome wrote:

No - semantics. This is a third wave of decisions. First two waves were deferrals. Deferral > Rejection.

Yes, you're right.

A third wave of undesired decisions, perhaps, would be a better way to describe it.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 pm

watch... cornell will either defer all EA or just reject them! no acceptances this EA cycle!

(hopefully i didn't jinx myself)

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Oh, Cornell, I thought we had a chance
with my 165 LSAT, your suggestive glance
ninety-second percentile, I thought with a smile
will surely get me T14 by a mile!

Oh, Cornell, I thought this was going to workley
to me you were more attractive than Berkeley
with your mountains of snow and days without sun
your library pics- I thought you were the one!

But then, oh Cornell, much to my distress
I spent time online, specifically TLS
where I realized that all my 165 pride
was misplaced and I almost broke down and cried,

But I stayed strong, oh Cornell, I made my way through
Didn't let myself get bummed out over you
I even rebuilt my pride some, thought maybe I'd fluke
my way into your arms-make the 170s puke!

But today, sweet Cornell, checking status in boredom
I sank when I saw "waitlisted" at Fordham
So now, oh Cornell, I finally see
that you and I prob'ly aren't meant to be.

galahad85

Postby galahad85 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Oh, Cornell, I thought we had a chance

Make this your LOCI and you're in.

dlf9210

Postby dlf9210 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Genius.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:25 pm

This is ... wait for it... Greatness.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:58 pm

galahad85 wrote:Make this your LOCI and you're in.

+1. I would admit you on principle alone.

Kudos, BIAC, kudos. :D

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Exam procrastination:

Acrostic(-ish):
Curtailing
Our
Respective
Nerves,
Eventually
Letting down
Lawyers

Limerick:
This forum applied to Cornell
Their chances, they though, were swell
But receiving bad news,
They all got the blues
And this thread has now become hell.

Haiku:
Ivy: Cornell Law
The scenery: Beautiful
Admits: They're lacking

dlf9210

Postby dlf9210 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Ok so I need to pose a new theory. I'm not sure if this has been postulated yet, but I think that Cornell has split all EA applicants into two halves: those who were complete by the first week in November, maybe 11/2, and those who were complete after. We have seen the two decisions of those applicants. Deferrals and rejections. The next batch will be acceptances for the rest who have been complete in the first half and haven't heard yet. Then we will see the same happen for the rest of us who were complete after 11/2. Deferrals, rejections, then acceptances. Does this make sense? Please someone debunk this because I feel my blood pressure rising as I type. The only thing that would have this not make sense is if someone has been deferred or rejected that was complete within the second week of November. According to prior posts, that hasn't happened yet. :? Insight?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:42 pm

dlf9210 wrote:Ok so I need to pose a new theory. I'm not sure if this has been postulated yet, but I think that Cornell has split all EA applicants into two halves: those who were complete by the first week in November, maybe 11/2, and those who were complete after. We have seen the two decisions of those applicants. Deferrals and rejections. The next batch will be acceptances for the rest who have been complete in the first half and haven't heard yet. Then we will see the same happen for the rest of us who were complete after 11/2. Deferrals, rejections, then acceptances. Does this make sense? Please someone debunk this because I feel my blood pressure rising as I type. The only thing that would have this not make sense is if someone has been deferred or rejected that was complete within the second week of November. According to prior posts, that hasn't happened yet. :? Insight?

I think there was an EA Complete of 11/20 on here earlier w/ a 12/4 decision? Unless that was a typo and actually EAC on 11/02...

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:43 pm

dlf9210 wrote:Ok so I need to pose a new theory. I'm not sure if this has been postulated yet, but I think that Cornell has split all EA applicants into two halves: those who were complete by the first week in November, maybe 11/2, and those who were complete after. We have seen the two decisions of those applicants. Deferrals and rejections. The next batch will be acceptances for the rest who have been complete in the first half and haven't heard yet. Then we will see the same happen for the rest of us who were complete after 11/2. Deferrals, rejections, then acceptances. Does this make sense? Please someone debunk this because I feel my blood pressure rising as I type. The only thing that would have this not make sense is if someone has been deferred or rejected that was complete within the second week of November. According to prior posts, that hasn't happened yet. :? Insight?

No

dlf9210

Postby dlf9210 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:45 pm

kittenmittons wrote:

No

Anything more than no?

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:46 pm

I am rejecting your theory on the grounds that I don't like it. I am EAC 11/12 and haven't heard yet, and I'm taking that to be good news, despite any evidence to the contrary.

But seriously, I hope this isn't true. Plenty of people with similar numbers to me have been deferred.

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 pm

dlf9210 wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:

No

Anything more than no?

Nope. I'm just trying to offer a competing view based on unsubstantiated conjecture like 98% of the theories posited so far.

js87

Postby js87 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Still 10/28 EA complete here. Feels sort of like surviving another round of cuts on a team or layoffs at a company. I never thought I'd be happy to log in see that my status is still "10/28 EA Complete". :|

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”