Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Jacques
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Jacques » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:12 pm

The calm before the storm.

Looks like the EA apps will start rolling back in about two weeks. Just to get everyone in the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tDVABEm ... r_embedded

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Anyone apply in the last week? I sent my app in on the 14th and have heard absolutely nothing...not even a lousy received email :(

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby SanBun » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:01 pm

Oli wrote:Anyone apply in the last week? I sent my app in on the 14th and have heard absolutely nothing...not even a lousy received email :(


I'm pretty sure the application deadline was the 11/02- the completion deadline was 11/14
you might wanna call though cause they might still consider you for EA. Their admissions office is SUPER nice!!

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby CyLaw » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:08 pm

SanBun wrote:
Oli wrote:Anyone apply in the last week? I sent my app in on the 14th and have heard absolutely nothing...not even a lousy received email :(


I'm pretty sure the application deadline was the 11/02- the completion deadline was 11/14
you might wanna call though cause they might still consider you for EA. Their admissions office is SUPER nice!!


I think they were just commenting on their application, not anything about EA.

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:17 pm

I am Early Action Complete. I would love to get an acceptance by the end of the first week in December.

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby bighead715 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:23 pm

actually the lady i spoke to in regards to addendums

if ur EA - fax that baby in - they just started reviewing them

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:27 pm

I would be EA complete if my ug didn't take so long to get my dean's cert in - they just sent it Monday, so I wonder if Cornell will be nice and still let me be EA.

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:29 pm

bighead715 wrote:actually the lady i spoke to in regards to addendums

if ur EA - fax that baby in - they just started reviewing them

Isn't she just one of the nicest people ever? I had a question about my application and she was awesome.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:43 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:I would be EA complete if my ug didn't take so long to get my dean's cert in - they just sent it Monday, so I wonder if Cornell will be nice and still let me be EA.

But you don't need a dean's cert for Cornell this year...?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:47 pm

crackberry wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:I would be EA complete if my ug didn't take so long to get my dean's cert in - they just sent it Monday, so I wonder if Cornell will be nice and still let me be EA.

But you don't need a dean's cert for Cornell this year...?


I'm one of those unfortunate people who does need one.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:24 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
crackberry wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:I would be EA complete if my ug didn't take so long to get my dean's cert in - they just sent it Monday, so I wonder if Cornell will be nice and still let me be EA.

But you don't need a dean's cert for Cornell this year...?


I'm one of those unfortunate people who does need one.

Ah yes. A delinquent. Tisk tisk...

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:34 pm

crackberry wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
crackberry wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:I would be EA complete if my ug didn't take so long to get my dean's cert in - they just sent it Monday, so I wonder if Cornell will be nice and still let me be EA.

But you don't need a dean's cert for Cornell this year...?


I'm one of those unfortunate people who does need one.

Ah yes. A delinquent. Tisk tisk...


lol. :wink:

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jay115 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:47 pm

:)
Last edited by jay115 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:29 am

You guys think they'll cosider me for EA if I call?? I was just asking about my general app...I didn't think it was possible to still get EA, I was waiting on my referees for ages!

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby wackjickham » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 pm

--ImageRemoved--

About two more weeks until we start hearing back!

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Cupidity » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:58 pm

I applied 11/11 and haven't gone complete yet, didn't apply EA. Any thoughts on when I might hear back, I'm hoping this year.

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Lincoln » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:06 pm

Oli wrote:Anyone apply in the last week? I sent my app in on the 14th and have heard absolutely nothing...not even a lousy received email :(


I applied on the 16th, same deal.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Cupidity » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:18 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Oli wrote:Anyone apply in the last week? I sent my app in on the 14th and have heard absolutely nothing...not even a lousy received email :(


I applied on the 16th, same deal.


Like I said, I sent mine on 11/11, and I got a status checker email on Tuesday.

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby OneKnight » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:23 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:I would be EA complete if my ug didn't take so long to get my dean's cert in - they just sent it Monday, so I wonder if Cornell will be nice and still let me be EA.


+1

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 pm

OneKnight wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:I would be EA complete if my ug didn't take so long to get my dean's cert in - they just sent it Monday, so I wonder if Cornell will be nice and still let me be EA.


+1

whether or not dean's cert is in has no bearing on completion status.

alm2127
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby alm2127 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:54 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:Even if the person is required to due to disciplinary issues?


i (tried) to apply EA but my deans cert still hasnt been mailed in i dont think...and yes, for those of us with disciplinary issues who are required to send one in, it does count towards completion status. i got an e-mail from people in admissions a few weeks ago reminding me it needed to be sent in for my file to be completed.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby NancyBotwin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:58 pm

alm2127 wrote:
boo_pragmatism wrote:Even if the person is required to due to disciplinary issues?


i (tried) to apply EA but my deans cert still hasnt been mailed in i dont think...and yes, for those of us with disciplinary issues who are required to send one in, it does count towards completion status. i got an e-mail from people in admissions a few weeks ago reminding me it needed to be sent in for my file to be completed.


+1. Really annoyed at my ug for taking so long - I faxed them the requests a month ago.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby oneforship » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:23 pm

I keep checking the Cornell checker just to see if they have fixed the program error in their display text, but...nope still haven't.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:26 pm

My status is marked early action complete but complete date is 11/16/09 so I'm a bit antsy about that missing date variable too. The admissions office sent a correspondence indicating that they knew my last LOR was coming at the beginning of last week, so I don't know if they just gave me the benefit of the doubt for the slowness of snail mail or if they just updated the application status somewhat later than the credentials arrived. Good news for you if the former though.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby najumobi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:44 pm

oneforship wrote:I keep checking the Cornell checker just to see if they have fixed the program error in their display text, but...nope still haven't.

yeah...i wonder if they know there's a hiccup in the display text...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”