Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
march319
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby march319 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Was anyone deferred that went EA complete after 11/05?

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby cougarlive » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:51 pm

march319 wrote:Was anyone deferred that went EA complete after 11/05?



I don't think so. This question has been asked a few times and no one has stepped forward (at least I don't think), which leads me to believe that there wasn't.

(I went EA complete 11/04 and am wondering the same thing)

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Really? Still no one?

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby autumn80 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:31 pm

So no news is good news. I don't feel motivated to check my mailbox 15 minutes away to retrieve a silly deferral.

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Kiersten1985 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:20 pm

TOMORROW. Tomorrow it's goin' down. I can feel it.

And if they friggin make us wait a whole weekend... :evil:

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby robin600 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Let's change the 12 days of christmas to the 12 days of waiting!

on the first day of waiting my true love/adcoms/Cornell gave to me......

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Shock of the century:

I received my deferral letter today

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Veritas wrote:Shock of the century:

I received my deferral letter today


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Veritas wrote:Shock of the century:

I received my deferral letter today


We're having a similar cycle.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Hey haven't been here in like 10 pages...anyone wanna fill me in? Also is anyone who is not EA even complete yet? I'm still at applied :( submitted 11/14

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Oli wrote:Hey haven't been here in like 10 pages...anyone wanna fill me in? Also is anyone who is not EA even complete yet? I'm still at applied :( submitted 11/14


We've all been deferred. Really, thats all you need to know.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
Oli wrote:Hey haven't been here in like 10 pages...anyone wanna fill me in? Also is anyone who is not EA even complete yet? I'm still at applied :( submitted 11/14


We've all been deferred. Really, thats all you need to know.


No change then...

Thanks pearalegal...*sighs*

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Oli wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Oli wrote:Hey haven't been here in like 10 pages...anyone wanna fill me in? Also is anyone who is not EA even complete yet? I'm still at applied :( submitted 11/14


We've all been deferred. Really, thats all you need to know.


No change then...

Thanks pearalegal...*sighs*


*pats on back*

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:14 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
Veritas wrote:Shock of the century:

I received my deferral letter today


We're having a similar cycle.

maybe we can be friendz :oops:

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby calicocat » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
Oli wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Oli wrote:Hey haven't been here in like 10 pages...anyone wanna fill me in? Also is anyone who is not EA even complete yet? I'm still at applied :( submitted 11/14


We've all been deferred. Really, thats all you need to know.


No change then...

Thanks pearalegal...*sighs*


*pats on back*


See what you've reduced us to Cornell?!?!?!

*drops down on knees and screams at sky*

:wink:

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:20 pm

at least this APP cycle has some excitement

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Cornell's admissions process so far has reminded me of some play I would hate.

Central theme: Even when you get your decision, its not actually a decision.

hopefulincal
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hopefulincal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:22 pm

cougarlive wrote:
march319 wrote:Was anyone deferred that went EA complete after 11/05?



I don't think so. This question has been asked a few times and no one has stepped forward (at least I don't think), which leads me to believe that there wasn't.

(I went EA complete 11/04 and am wondering the same thing)


I thought I was safe for now until I read this. I went EA complete 11/05.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:41 pm

hopefulincal wrote:
cougarlive wrote:
march319 wrote:Was anyone deferred that went EA complete after 11/05?



I don't think so. This question has been asked a few times and no one has stepped forward (at least I don't think), which leads me to believe that there wasn't.

(I went EA complete 11/04 and am wondering the same thing)


I thought I was safe for now until I read this. I went EA complete 11/05.


EA complete 11/13, still holding

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Mosca » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Got the letter in the mail today!!! I'm IN....



...the regular decision pool. Deferred :mrgreen:

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:46 pm

can anyone blame cornell for deferring people who this was just a fallback for??
Last edited by hv1 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

landry
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby landry » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Mosca wrote:Got the letter in the mail today!!! I'm IN....



...the regular decision pool. Deferred :mrgreen:


when did you go complete Mosca?

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Mosca » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Complete 10/27. DR 11/24. The mail is slow here.

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby hv1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:48 pm

landry wrote:
Mosca wrote:Got the letter in the mail today!!! I'm IN....



...the regular decision pool. Deferred :mrgreen:


when did you go complete Mosca?


wow, this totally made my heart stopppppppppp

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby crackberry » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 pm

hv1 wrote:can anyone blame cornell for deferring people who this was just a fallback for??

No, but they're deferring all sorts of people. They can't assume they will fill their entire class with 168-170, 3.6-3.9s. There just aren't enough of those specific numbers to go around.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”