Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby OneKnight » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:22 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
Meedyun?


Just say it with a BBC style British accent - Meee-dyun.
OR, as is true sans the "way":

Everyone deferred
Even above median
Mayhem then ensues

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby JordynAsh » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:25 pm

OneKnight wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
Meedyun?


Just say it with a BBC style British accent - Meee-dyun.
OR, as is true sans the "way":

Everyone deferred
Even above median
Mayhem then ensues


Thanks fer fixin' it. Oh no, I can't stop!

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:25 pm

OneKnight wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:
Meedyun?


Just say it with a BBC style British accent - Meee-dyun.
OR, as is true sans the "way":

Everyone deferred
Even above median
Mayhem then ensues


The word "then" in the last line feels like it is forced.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:25 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
Legacy316 wrote:Okay, so has anyone gotten "decision" on their status checker and not been deferred?


No. Except for one kid who is probably lying.

lol. My LSN BFF?


I thought we were bffles. :(
You're such a slut.

I wuz being facetious....duh


youz mah bfffl

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:32 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:37 pm

sharthree wrote:
Veritas wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
Legacy316 wrote:Okay, so has anyone gotten "decision" on their status checker and not been deferred?


No. Except for one kid who is probably lying.

lol. My LSN BFF?


Me.

I have an interview on Wednesday.

oh I thought we were talking about every1suxbutme

User avatar
ProfitsProphets
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:02 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 pm

Burberry by Burberry wrote:
robotoroboto wrote:i'm really curious to see whether or not a Why Cornell? addendum or just the three lines has any bearing on acceptance. I only did the three lines and am wondering if it made me look flippant.

From the "Interview with Richard Geiger, Associate Dean and Dean of Admissions for Cornell Law School" -
Could an applicant significantly improve his or her chances of admission by drafting a personal statement specifically for Cornell?

I don’t think so. A specific connection with our law school is not really what we’re after. We’re looking to get to know more about the person who’s applying so we can make an informed decision about his or her potential.


Well if Dean Geiger is more concerned with one's potential, then I'm golden.

User avatar
ProfitsProphets
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:02 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:45 pm

wackjickham wrote:Basically, I should be happy I'm still Early Action Complete? (10 words!)


ditto

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ruleser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Legacy316 wrote:Okay, so has anyone gotten "decision" on their status checker and not been deferred?

Well, I'm still decisionless - at 'decision' 11/24, but empty mailbox again. We know what it will be, if not a reject, but for some reason haven't received anything yet...

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:05 pm

ruleser wrote:
Legacy316 wrote:Okay, so has anyone gotten "decision" on their status checker and not been deferred?

Well, I'm still decisionless - at 'decision' 11/24, but empty mailbox again. We know what it will be, if not a reject, but for some reason haven't received anything yet...


This is because the acceptance packages were sent out after the deferrals. Got that?

Beacon of hope right here.

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Legacy -- to clarify, I also went to decision on 11/24 and haven't received anything in the mail.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby krispykitten » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:07 pm

.
Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ruleser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:08 pm

krispykitten wrote:
ruleser wrote:
Legacy316 wrote:Okay, so has anyone gotten "decision" on their status checker and not been deferred?

Well, I'm still decisionless - at 'decision' 11/24, but empty mailbox again. We know what it will be, if not a reject, but for some reason haven't received anything yet...

Have you considered calling? Maybe your acceptance packet is so huge it's gotten caught at the post office or they forgot to put on enough postage and now it's stuck in postal hell.

These sorts of things do happen... happened to my undergrad acceptance packet.

I'll wait - I think more likely they wanted to personalize the reject letter - "Hey, loser - look, I know anyone is technically free to apply, but seriously???"

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:12 pm

Come on rules, where's the hope??

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ruleser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:14 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Come on rules, where's the hope??

Well, did everyone else get envelopes? I'm assuming there are some people who know they are deferred from the phone who haven't gotten envelopes yet, no?
EDIT: BTW, lovin' the Rambo III tar - that's the one where he fought with the Mujahdeen in Afghanistan against USSR - yes, Rambo fought with Osama...

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:15 pm

ruleser wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Come on rules, where's the hope??

Well, did everyone else get envelopes? I'm assuming there are some people who know they are deferred from the phone who haven't gotten envelopes yet, no?


Nothing in the mail. Deferred via phone. Live only a couple states over from NY.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby ruleser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:16 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
ruleser wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Come on rules, where's the hope??

Well, did everyone else get envelopes? I'm assuming there are some people who know they are deferred from the phone who haven't gotten envelopes yet, no?


Nothing in the mail. Deferred via phone. Live only a couple states over from NY.

See - not to dash anyone's hopes who wants to hold out accept package delay hopes, but I'll go with the odds at this point...

User avatar
jss1100
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jss1100 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Wow. I assumed schools only called with good news.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:18 pm

jss1100 wrote:Wow. I assumed schools only called with good news.


I called them.

User avatar
jss1100
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby jss1100 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
jss1100 wrote:Wow. I assumed schools only called with good news.


I called them.



Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby TruckerD » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:26 pm

If there is another round of DR this week, do you think it will be another batch of deferrals, or do you think they may actually do acceptances?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:27 pm

TruckerD wrote:If there is another round of DR this week, do you think it will be another batch of deferrals, or do you think they may actually do acceptances?


At this point, who the hell knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing acceptances.

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Rambo is unimpressed by your odds. What were the odds of the Mujahideen fighting off the Soviets?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
TruckerD wrote:If there is another round of DR this week, do you think it will be another batch of deferrals, or do you think they may actually do acceptances?


At this point, who the hell knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing acceptances.

ya I think it's about time for some acceptances.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby krispykitten » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:29 pm

.
Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BodieBroadus, dietcoke1, Google [Bot], PDX4343, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, texteach, trohara14 and 20 guests