Cornell waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
riave

Re: Cornell waiting room

Postby riave » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 pm

anyone else getting a weird text in the middle of the regular status text for EA complete? It started showing this last friday.

"Your JD Application is ready for review by the Admissions Committee. If your JD application was complete by the #Request.EarlyActionShutoffText# Early Action deadline, you should receive a written decision (Admit, Hold or Deny) by mid to late December. If your application was complete some time after the #Request.EarlyActionShutoffText# Early Action deadline then your application will be held over to the regular decision applicant pool."

wondering if it's just my status checker that's bugging out...
Last edited by riave on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Nah, mine too. Cornell has some mad computer problems.

riave

Postby riave » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Nah, mine too. Cornell has some mad computer problems.

geez...so it seems.

Split5

Postby Split5 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Mine is the same way.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:30 am

Went EA Complete today. Email came at 6am :shock:

dudester

Postby dudester » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:Email for ea complete this morning as well.

+1

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:08 am

Anyone else still not complete for EA? There's only four days left and two of them are weekend days and I'm starting to worry. I submitted 11/2

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:25 am

I called their office yesterday, and they said they're just really behind on everything. I had been complete since 11/2, and I finally went EA Complete on the status checker yesterday afternoon (I got the e-mail this morning).

dudester

Postby dudester » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 am

wackjickham wrote:Anyone else still not complete for EA? There's only four days left and two of them are weekend days and I'm starting to worry. I submitted 11/2

I wouldn't panic. It takes them a while to mark you as complete. They're going as far as e-mailing people who applied before 11/2, but forgot to check the EA box, if they want to be considered under the program. I wouldn't bother Admissions until Monday unless you think there's a possibility your application might truly be incomplete.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:38 pm

wackjickham wrote:Anyone else still not complete for EA? There's only four days left and two of them are weekend days and I'm starting to worry. I submitted 11/2

I'm in the same boat as you. I have the sense that they have way more EA applications then they've had in past years. And Cornell tells you up front that it takes two weeks between when you submit your app to LSAC and when they change your status to EA complete. I'd give them the two weeks.

If you followed directions and submitted everything on time, you'll still end up in the EA pool, even if Cornell hasn't processed you by next Monday. They're not going to punish you just because they have a higher workload than normal.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Dignan wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you. I have the sense that they have way more EA applications then they've had in past years. And Cornell tells you up front that it takes two weeks between when you submit your app to LSAC and when they change your status to EA complete. I'd give them the two weeks.

If you followed directions and submitted everything on time, you'll still end up in the EA pool, even if Cornell hasn't processed you by next Monday. They're not going to punish you just because they have a higher workload than normal.

I got my EA complete status two days after I applied. I applied mid-october

elevatorlove

Postby elevatorlove » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:10 pm

I called admissions yesterday and the lady was very nice and asked for my last name. I went complete almost immediately. I don't think it would hurt for you to call. Applied 10/26.

galahad85

Postby galahad85 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Finally went EA complete. I applied 10/26.

vmmf

Postby vmmf » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:26 am

I also applied on 10/26, and my status has been "applied" since then. I didn't select EA though. Is there anyone else who is still not complete after 3 weeks?

kcg171

Postby kcg171 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:42 am

vmmf wrote:I also applied on 10/26, and my status has been "applied" since then. I didn't select EA though. Is there anyone else who is still not complete after 3 weeks?

I have been "applied" since 10/6. I called twice, and all they said was that I'd probably be fine. I'm kind of starting to hate them (they used to be my top choice).
LSP says "strong consider," btw. While I'm not a lock, I don't think I should have been thrown into the people-we-ignore pile.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:53 am

Is it likely that we will have to wait till December to hear back from them, or do they sometimes start with decisions earlier?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 pm

robin600 wrote:Is it likely that we will have to wait till December to hear back from them, or do they sometimes start with decisions earlier?

Based on LSN data only, looks like EA won't hear back until the first week of December at the earliest.

I just hope they get back to me before the middle of December as that is when I am leaving the country for vacation, and I don't want to obsess over wether Cornell mailed me yet that whole time.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:36 pm

CyLaw wrote:
robin600 wrote:Is it likely that we will have to wait till December to hear back from them, or do they sometimes start with decisions earlier?

Based on LSN data only, looks like EA won't hear back until the first week of December at the earliest.

I just hope they get back to me before the middle of December as that is when I am leaving the country for vacation, and I don't want to obsess over wether Cornell mailed me yet that whole time.

People from IOWA leave the country for vacations?

Shaggier1

Postby Shaggier1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:41 pm

It must be that they think Iowa IS the country, and so when they take their annual trip to Fargo, they assume it i an international trip...

(sorry, I just had to)

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:44 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:

We have to. We are not wanted elsewhere in the US.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:46 pm

CyLaw wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:

We have to. We are not wanted elsewhere in the US.

I mean, I just thought you guys would like vacation in Nebraska, where you still feel at home. Doesnt being without corn make you feel uncomfortable?

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Are there any real advantages to applying early action at Cornell, as opposed to just applying before Nov. 2nd without designating early action?

I'm just trying to figure out why Cornell would be contacting students whose apps are in and asking them if they want to be considered "early action."

I applied "Early Action" and am trying to figure out what advantage it will give me when it comes time for them to make a decision on me.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:50 pm

I should probably note that I am originally from LA, DC, and Tampa, and have only lived in Iowa for 3.5 years, so I have not developed an addiction to Corn quite yet. At least not one that causes withdrawal symptoms. The plan is to leave before that happens.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:52 pm

cougarlive wrote:Are there any real advantages to applying early action at Cornell, as opposed to just applying before Nov. 2nd without designating early action?

I'm just trying to figure out why Cornell would be contacting students whose apps are in and asking them if they want to be considered "early action."

I applied "Early Action" and am trying to figure out what advantage it will give me when it comes time for them to make a decision on me.

I don't think there is an admission advantage, just more of the getting notified early. Since they must notify EA people by end of Dec. they likely ask people if they want to be considered for EA because otherwise they would not have the time to look at their app until after Dec.

That is my guess anyways.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:53 pm

CyLaw wrote:I should probably note that I am originally from LA, DC, and Tampa, and have only lived in Iowa for 3.5 years, so I have not developed an addiction to Corn quite yet. At least not one that causes withdrawal symptoms. The plan is to leave before that happens.

You better get out soon man. That corn is addicting stuff

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”