Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WhyBother?

Bronze

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by WhyBother? » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:17 pm

I submitted 9/27, and sent in a dean's cert that same week. I think I went complete by 10/14 or thereabouts.[/quote]

Wait...did we need to send in a Dean's Cert. before they will consider our file? I didn't, I thought the concensus was that we had time. I thought I was complete but that might explain why my status checker still says "Received" after a month.

Anyone? I am kicking myself right now...[/quote]

They actually sent me an email pointing out that I hadn't submitted a Dean's Cert: "Once we receive the Dean’s Certification, your application file will be complete and you will receive and[sic] e-mail confirming this.”[/quote]

Thanks for getting back to me! I guess I am sending out my Dean's Cert. today (to the Dean, anyway). I am not in undergrad anymore so it may take a little while...how badly will this hurt my application? I thought I was following the directions but they were so unclear! I didn't get an e-mail, either.

I don't know what I would do without TLS!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Chrysander wrote:When I spoke to them they said you could receive your decision over the phone period.
This is so confusing because when I called I asked, can I find out my decision right now, and the lady said no I can't do that sorry. WTF??!?!?!?! so confused/pissed right now. Maybe I will call again

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:20 pm

robin600 wrote:
Chrysander wrote:When I spoke to them they said you could receive your decision over the phone period.
This is so confusing because when I called I asked, can I find out my decision right now, and the lady said no I can't do that sorry. WTF??!?!?!?! so confused/pissed right now. Maybe I will call again
Call Again

clint4law

Silver

Post by clint4law » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:22 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Call Again
+1

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:23 pm

can someone clear up the dean's cert issue. it was required only if you reported a conduct issue, correct?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mxc

New

Post by mxc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:24 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:can someone clear up the dean's cert issue. it was required only if you reported a conduct issue, correct?
And upon admission was my understanding.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:25 pm

mxc wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:can someone clear up the dean's cert issue. it was required only if you reported a conduct issue, correct?
This is correct. Everyone will need one if they decide to enroll in the school. However, anyone who answered yes to having a record with their school (academic or non-academic) needed to give a deans cert.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
mxc wrote:
This is correct. Everyone will need one if they decide to enroll in the school. However, anyone who answered yes to having a record with their school (academic or non-academic) needed to give a deans cert.
Where do they state that everyone who attends will need a dean's cert? I thought this was only for those with conduct issues?

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Oh my, this is about to get interesting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:27 pm

if you applied via lsac, you can view your application and read exactly what it says about the dean's certification under question 22 and above your signature.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Oh my, this is about to get interesting.
:(

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

merci

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:29 pm

http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/admiss ... plying.cfm
Does Cornell Law require a Dean's Certification with the application?

A Dean's Certification is not required as part of your application for admission unless you answered "yes" to question 22 on your application. If you answered "yes" to this question, please submit the Dean's Certification to an official from your degree granting institution that has access to your disciplinary records. The Dean's Certification must be sent directly to Cornell Law School. You can not submit the Dean's Certification through the Law School report service.

Prior to matriculation at Cornell Law School, all admitted students must submit a completed Dean's Certification Form. More information about this form will will be provided upon admission.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:31 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/admiss ... plying.cfm
Does Cornell Law require a Dean's Certification with the application?

A Dean's Certification is not required as part of your application for admission unless you answered "yes" to question 22 on your application. If you answered "yes" to this question, please submit the Dean's Certification to an official from your degree granting institution that has access to your disciplinary records. The Dean's Certification must be sent directly to Cornell Law School. You can not submit the Dean's Certification through the Law School report service.

Prior to matriculation at Cornell Law School, all admitted students must submit a completed Dean's Certification Form. More information about this form will will be provided upon admission.
Thanks... well i guess i don't have to worry about this if i get rejected...

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:34 pm

So it seems like some 12/4 are rejections. I'm nervous now-- not that I didn't expect this.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:37 pm

tram988 wrote:So it seems like some 12/4 are rejections. I'm nervous now-- not that I didn't expect this.
Call and ask your status tram, I would call right now but I'm in class...

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:38 pm

IHL2009 wrote:hi guys,

I am an international applicant--DR 12/04--just called the admissions office and they were very kind to let me know their decision via phone. Since my LSAT was below the median I got rejected.

Point is that you can find out the decision via phone. Hope that helps.
IHL may I ask when you went complete??

also would you mind sharing your #? PM or here, just curious to know since you were the first rejection i heard of for cornell

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 pm

robin600 wrote:
tram988 wrote:So it seems like some 12/4 are rejections. I'm nervous now-- not that I didn't expect this.
I'm very tempted to do so....I dont want to annoy them. Are you going to call after?

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:48 pm

I've heard a couple of people on here say that there have been about 800 EA applicants--is that true? How does anyone know? Is that just a guess based off of LSN?

For those of you who went to decision today and couldn't get the decision over the phone--they have normally giving the decisions over the phone (regardless of whether it was good or bad news). My guess is that somebody who was unfamiliar with the procedure answered the phone. However, how bad would it look if the same person answers the phone who told you you had to wait....

Chrysander

New

Post by Chrysander » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:49 pm

tram988 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
I'm very tempted to do so....I dont want to annoy them. Are you going to call after?
Once you've already received a decision, calling them will in no way affect that decision.

IHL2009

New

Post by IHL2009 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:49 pm

SanBun wrote:
IHL2009 wrote:hi guys,

I am an international applicant--DR 12/04--just called the admissions office and they were very kind to let me know their decision via phone. Since my LSAT was below the median I got rejected.

Point is that you can find out the decision via phone. Hope that helps.
IHL may I ask when you went complete??

also would you mind sharing your #? PM or here, just curious to know since you were the first rejection i heard of for cornell
Went complete on 11/2. Everything else is already PMed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Chrysander wrote:
tram988 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Once you've already received a decision, calling them will in no way affect that decision.
Lol obviously. I said those exact words a few pages ago. I just dont want to annoy them.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:56 pm

If they already made a decision on me I don't care about annoying them! I know it's mean, but it's their policy to give it over the phone so they should expect mass callings!

crombot

Bronze

Post by crombot » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Ugh, I am sooo not optimistic now about this 12/4 DR after the int'l student's phone call rejection.

Do they ALWAYS send out in batches? :(

robotoroboto

New

Post by robotoroboto » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:02 pm

so there have been two recent decisions--12/2 and 12/4. And the only confirmed decision so far is a rejection by an international student.

I'm still at EA Complete 11/13. I guess I'm happy about that!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”