Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veritas

Gold

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:19 am

tintin wrote:interesting.....but now that cornell seems to be mixing up its pattern this year, who knows what it will say.
I like your thinking. :wink:

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:19 am

march319 wrote:Not to get anyone's hopes up or down. But according to this thread from last year, those who did EA who had "Decision Rendered" and were accepted, had a link to the admitted students site right under their DR on the status checker. However, some people were who were accepted did not get the whole blurb about the admitted students site until a few days after DR put up.

Read this thread for more info:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=49651

A quote from the thread:
"My Cornell status checker says decision and has the following message under the box:

Decision The Admissions Committee has reached decision on your application file and you will receive a written decision soon. Please be patient with the postal system. Please wait for 10 to 14 days to receive your written decision before contacting the Admissions Office.

******, now that you have checked out the status of your application, please feel free to see what other Cornell Law School applicants are talking about on the Admitted Student Discussion Site.

How the Discussion Site Works
As an admitted student to our law school you are welcome to join the Cornell Law School Community via a Discussion Group and Chatroom that we have established. Once you obtain your admission decision, just click on the link to join the online discussion site. Just click on a particular forum to join the community. If you have questions, click on the Help (the lifesaver Icon) for assistance. "
If you look farther in the thread, that link turned out to be an IT mistake and eventually it was corrected for everybody later in the app cycle. I'm not expecting to see it at all this year, or at least not before you learn of your acceptance elsewhere.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:21 am

Also, it looks like a high proportion of the people who were deferred early last year were the ones who were planning on an LSAT retake. FWIW

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:23 am

Helmholtz wrote:Also, it looks a high proportion of the people who were deferred early last year were the ones who were planning on an LSAT retake. FWIW
that's an interesting aspect that was just brought into the discussion.

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:24 am

On a lighter note, Cornell was mentioned on the Simpsons tonight.

Lisa talking a group of Wiccans she's thinking of joining...

Lisa: Are you considered a minority group for the purposes of Ivy League admissions?

Wiccans: Cornell and Dartmouth.

Lisa: ..................what else you got?

Ouch. :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

js87

Bronze

Post by js87 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:26 am

haha, I laughed at the Simpson's Cornell reference tonight. I was actually browsing this thread as they mentioned it. Good luck to everyone this week! I have a feeling that many people will hear positive things this week.

As an aside, this is by far the largest thread I've ever created :p

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:27 am

js87 wrote:haha, I laughed at the Simpson's Cornell reference tonight. I was actually browsing this thread as they mentioned it. Good luck to everyone this week! I have a feeling that many people will hear positive things this week.

As an aside, this is by far the largest thread I've ever created :p
hi OP

Helm, it would be interesting to get stats on that...

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:28 am

Here's to hoping for good news tomorrow. This thread needs it!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:28 am

galahad85 wrote:On a lighter note, Cornell was mentioned on the Simpsons tonight.

Lisa talking a group of Wiccans she's thinking of joining...

Lisa: Are you considered a minority group for the purposes of Ivy League admissions?

Wiccans: Cornell and Dartmouth.

Lisa: ..................what else you got?

Ouch. :cry:
:lol:

Poor Cornell; even if I end up going, I'll probably still make jokes about its Ivy League status.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:31 am

Veritas wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Also, it looks a high proportion of the people who were deferred early last year were the ones who were planning on an LSAT retake. FWIW
Well, it makes sense. I mean, they promise a decision by the end of December, right? And the LSAT results don't become available until very late December or very early January, correct?

I'm not planning on a retake and I'm fairly certain you're not either, so who knows.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:36 am

stop giving me hope.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:37 am

Helm, I can't believe you're this stressed about Cornell, considering the list of schools you applied to.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:38 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:Helm, I can't believe you're this stressed about Cornell, considering the list of schools you applied to.
it's all relative to the decision you're expecting, right?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:39 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:Helm, I can't believe you're this stressed about Cornell, considering the list of schools you applied to.
I really just need one acceptance to hold me over. Cornell, Michigan, Columbia, whatever. If I don't get into a T14 this year, I'm going to wait and reapply. So one acceptance will at least let me know that I'll be in law school ~10 months from now.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:44 am

Helmholtz wrote: I really just need one acceptance to hold me over. Cornell, Michigan, Columbia, whatever. If I don't get into a T14 this year, I'm going to wait and reapply. So one acceptance will at least let me know that I'll be in law school ~10 months from now.
+1 this is how i feel, except i dont want to reapply. sigh. i wish the t14 would show me some love already.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:50 am

MrsTrucker: Okay, I've been lurking most of the day, reading this thread for the most part. :D I wanted to get on here before those 2 sleeping pills kick in and tell you all to stop doubting yourselves. You guys are some of the most intelligent, educated people I have ever had the fortune (or misfortune as the case may be) to meet, apart from my own dear TruckerD.

Please know that you guys will get in somewhere great, and if it's not Cornell, then you can just tell them to kiss off with the better offers you get!

Maybe those pills kicked in a little too early, and I am just loopy...or maybe this is just me :lol:

Night all! Looking forward to tomorrow!!

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:52 am

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Okay, I've been lurking most of the day, reading this thread for the most part. :D I wanted to get on here before those 2 sleeping pills kick in and tell you all to stop doubting yourselves. You guys are some of the most intelligent, educated people I have ever had the fortune (or misfortune as the case may be) to meet, apart from my own dear TruckerD.

Please know that you guys will get in somewhere great, and if it's not Cornell, then you can just tell them to kiss off with the better offers you get!

Maybe those pills kicked in a little too early, and I am just loopy...or maybe this is just me :lol:

Night all! Looking forward to tomorrow!!
Aw, thanks MrsTrucker! Reassurance is always great. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:56 am

Helmholtz wrote:
I really just need one acceptance to hold me over. Cornell, Michigan, Columbia, whatever. If I don't get into a T14 this year, I'm going to wait and reapply. So one acceptance will at least let me know that I'll be in law school ~10 months from now.
Me too, although I have a feeling I may start to get picky once I (hopefully) get my first admit... But right now I'm just hoping I won't have to go through all this again next year.

pj06

New

Post by pj06 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:00 am

Helmholtz wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Well, it makes sense. I mean, they promise a decision by the end of December, right? And the LSAT results don't become available until very late December or very early January, correct?

I'm not planning on a retake and I'm fairly certain you're not either, so who knows.
As someone who got the 11/24 deferral, I retook the LSAT in October and was banking on that to get me the acceptance. I'm definitely not going through it again in December. So it looks like it's not ALL people who are retaking who received the deferrals (or else I'm the only one...)

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:02 am

pj06 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Veritas wrote:

As someone who got the 11/24 deferral, I retook the LSAT in October and was banking on that to get me the acceptance. I'm definitely not going through it again in December. So it looks like it's not ALL people who are retaking who received the deferrals (or else I'm the only one...)
I do think there were others who weren't planning on a retake but still got a deferral, as there was last year. It's just a high proportion compared to the general pool it seems.

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:58 am

jay115 wrote:
tintin wrote:another question....does cornell not outright reject EA people? do they just shuffle all the unwanted apps over to the normal cycle?
i think so bc as of now LSN individual reports indicate that everyone is either accepted or waitlisted. no one has indicated that they've been rejected outright.
If you look at last year, there are some rejects mixed in with the 12/2 and 12/8 accepts.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:58 am

ruleser wrote:
jay115 wrote:
tintin wrote:another question....does cornell not outright reject EA people? do they just shuffle all the unwanted apps over to the normal cycle?
i think so bc as of now LSN individual reports indicate that everyone is either accepted or waitlisted. no one has indicated that they've been rejected outright.
If you look at last year, there are some rejects mixed in with the 12/2 and 12/8 accepts.
I saw a # of EA rejects that were below 25ths.

Laina

Bronze

Post by Laina » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:08 am

I've been living in this thread, but I wish I could join all of you in knowing whether I'm in the 11/20 or 11/24 batch--I submitted at the end of October and never got a complete e-mail. When I tried to sign up for the status checker on their website yesterday, they told me they had no record of my application. Awesome. Guess I'll be calling tomorrow morning. :/ I hope they still consider me in EA (although I guess that doesn't really make a difference, does it? Ugh.).

bighead715

Bronze

Post by bighead715 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:20 am

Laina wrote:I've been living in this thread, but I wish I could join all of you in knowing whether I'm in the 11/20 or 11/24 batch--I submitted at the end of October and never got a complete e-mail. When I tried to sign up for the status checker on their website yesterday, they told me they had no record of my application. Awesome. Guess I'll be calling tomorrow morning. :/ I hope they still consider me in EA (although I guess that doesn't really make a difference, does it? Ugh.).
:shock:

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:30 am

Laina wrote:I've been living in this thread, but I wish I could join all of you in knowing whether I'm in the 11/20 or 11/24 batch--I submitted at the end of October and never got a complete e-mail. When I tried to sign up for the status checker on their website yesterday, they told me they had no record of my application. Awesome. Guess I'll be calling tomorrow morning. :/ I hope they still consider me in EA (although I guess that doesn't really make a difference, does it? Ugh.).
With your numbers and as URM, you will be applying to YH I assume...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”