Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krispykitten

Bronze

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by krispykitten » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
--ImageRemoved--
I figure this is where my app is right now.

mb88

Bronze

Post by mb88 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Oli wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
--ImageRemoved--
I figure this is where my app is right now.
Don't lose hope. =)

Our scores are pretty similar, and according to LSP those numbers are both just about better than 75% of all admitted students. Sure, this cycle may be more competitive than last, but the vast majority of those are going to be reaches. I would be very surprised if one of us didn't get in (and hopefully with a little $$, too).

jbrowning82

Bronze

Post by jbrowning82 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 am

Just got a very maliciously formatted email from Cornell telling me that my application was complete and ready for review. I submitted like 2 months ago so when I got an email from admissions that gmail showed as starting out with "We're delighted to inform you that..." WTF.

How long has it been taking people to get word after receiving the letter? The email said i went complete but the status checker says ive been complete since 12/3. Does this just mean Im in review now?

169/3.1 holding onto hope because of Peace Corps

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Last edited by blue5385 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MahaloMontana

New

Post by MahaloMontana » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Ok, I've been looking through the past few pages but can't find anything to help me on this. If you're admitted do you get an email or a call or anything? My status checker changed today to:
Decision. The Admissions Committee has reached decision on your application file and you will receive a written decision soon. Please be patient with the postal system. Please wait for 10 to 14 days to receive your written decision before contacting the Admissions Office.

I submitted in mid November and went to complete about two weeks ago. Does this mean reject?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:05 pm

redhead77 wrote:Ok, I've been looking through the past few pages but can't find anything to help me on this. If you're admitted do you get an email or a call or anything? My status checker changed today to:
Decision. The Admissions Committee has reached decision on your application file and you will receive a written decision soon. Please be patient with the postal system. Please wait for 10 to 14 days to receive your written decision before contacting the Admissions Office.

I submitted in mid November and went to complete about two weeks ago. Does this mean reject?
You get the decision via snail mail. In the past (earlier this cycle) the admissions office would tell you your decision if you called.

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:07 pm

redhead77 wrote:Ok, I've been looking through the past few pages but can't find anything to help me on this. If you're admitted do you get an email or a call or anything? My status checker changed today to:

with your numbers, I think you'll be fine...

beamsmehome

New

Post by beamsmehome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Last edited by beamsmehome on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 pm

First of all, good luck! It seemed like the EA people were able to call and get their decisions, might be worth it on Monday.

Second, is this the first we've seen in this thread about someone who missed the EA deadline getting a decision? If it didn't snow in Ithaca today, I'd make a de-thawing joke or something.

MahaloMontana

New

Post by MahaloMontana » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:13 pm

well, i assume the office is closed at this point. I didn't think calling was ok with the way they word it.

Thanks for your positive thoughts. I was definitely not EA, to clarify.

The way I've heard from other schools was via email/phone call and they let me know right away I was in. This way is more nerve-wracking. Well, thanks for your help!
CyLaw wrote:

You get the decision via snail mail. In the past (earlier this cycle) the admissions office would tell you your decision if you called.
Last edited by MahaloMontana on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:15 pm

redhead77 wrote:well, i assume the office is closed at this point. I didn't think calling was ok with the way they word it.

Thanks for your positive thoughts. I was definitely not EA, to clarify.

The way I've heard from other schools were via email/phone call and they let me know right away I was in. This way is more nerve-wracking. Well, thanks for your help!
CyLaw wrote:

Yes, give them a call on Monday. Good luck. Hopefully you are the first in a wave of new admits.

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Have any regular decision applicants heard anything yet? Admit? Waitlist? Denied?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

xcountryjunkie

Bronze

Post by xcountryjunkie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Just threw my hat in the ring a few minutes ago. Was worried that the class would be full before us last-minute applicants even got looked out. Now that I see the 52% increase, I fear it was all a waste of time. Ugh. Not sure my above median GPA & LSAT will mean anything, since those will undoubtedly be rising this year.

grandslam

New

Post by grandslam » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:35 am

Today is Saturday and my status checker just updated to "Decision" On the bottom I can see links to the admitted student discussion board, chatroom, admitted student day RSVP. However, when I click the link to "admitted student day RSVP" my name on the RSVP form automatically fills in "Shodwith Maypop" and my email is automatically "hcg2@cornell.edu" Is this happening to anyone else? Does this mean I'm accepted? rejected? someone else?

I'm really confused.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:58 am

grandslam wrote:Today is Saturday and my status checker just updated to "Decision" On the bottom I can see links to the admitted student discussion board, chatroom, admitted student day RSVP. However, when I click the link to "admitted student day RSVP" my name on the RSVP form automatically fills in "Shodwith Maypop" and my email is automatically "hcg2@cornell.edu" Is this happening to anyone else? Does this mean I'm accepted? rejected? someone else?

I'm really confused.
Haha thats so strange, but yes you are in. Congrats!

FuzzyKiwi

New

Post by FuzzyKiwi » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:03 am

Jericwithers wrote:
grandslam wrote:Today is Saturday and my status checker just updated to "Decision" On the bottom I can see links to the admitted student discussion board, chatroom, admitted student day RSVP. However, when I click the link to "admitted student day RSVP" my name on the RSVP form automatically fills in "Shodwith Maypop" and my email is automatically "hcg2@cornell.edu" Is this happening to anyone else? Does this mean I'm accepted? rejected? someone else?

I'm really confused.
Does this mean that if your status checker changed to "decision" and you don't see those links on the bottom, you are not in?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:05 am

FuzzyKiwi wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

I'm really confused.
Does this mean that if your status checker changed to "decision" and you don't see those links on the bottom, you are not in?
Hrmmm...maybe; maybe not. I wouldn't jump to conclusions; try to be patient for the letter to come.

grandslam

New

Post by grandslam » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:13 am

Jericwithers wrote:
FuzzyKiwi wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

I'm really confused.
Hrmmm...maybe; maybe not. I wouldn't jump to conclusions; try to be patient for the letter to come.
I would be soooo happy if I got in! I'm just afraid they got me mixed up with someone else (why would anyone's name be Shodwith Maypop though!?) Has it been confirmed that getting all the admitted student links means an acceptance?

FuzzyKiwi

New

Post by FuzzyKiwi » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:23 am

Jericwithers wrote:
FuzzyKiwi wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

I'm really confused.
Lol isn't that what this thread/forum is for? Jumping to conclusions and sharing your impatience? :wink:

dubsky

New

Post by dubsky » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:43 am

I have "decision" too. No links at the bottom and whatnot. submitted 13th-14th of November but retook LSAT in december and so didn't go EA.

LSAT >> 75th
25th < GPA < median

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sjsteece

Bronze

Post by sjsteece » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:48 am

The admitted students link at the bottom meant you were in last year. There were also people who got in and didn't have the link though. I seem to remember about half way through the cycle they "fixed it" and it didn't show up at all for anyone. I'd say if you can see it, you can let your hopes go up a bit, but if not don't freak out just yet.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:08 am

grandslam wrote:I would be soooo happy if I got in! I'm just afraid they got me mixed up with someone else (why would anyone's name be Shodwith Maypop though!?) Has it been confirmed that getting all the admitted student links means an acceptance?
That is the strangest name ever, and even google gives me a blank stare when I do a search on it (except for this thread). However my ASW RSVP link fills in the same name, and I've been accepted for a month now.

MahaloMontana

New

Post by MahaloMontana » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:28 pm

wow, mine definitely doesn't have any links on the bottom of the status checker. it went to decision on friday night. damn.

dgb87

New

Post by dgb87 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Same situation...decision rendered...but with all the admitted student links at the bottom...hopefully it means a yes!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”