Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
holybartender

Bronze

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by holybartender » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:11 pm

The people are pretty much why I don't want to live in LA right now. People like you. I saw a distinct lack of Ed Hardy in Ithaca, fortunately. The campus itself is beautiful, the town is pretty, and it's small enough to foster a real community feeling that you don't get at UCLA/USC. Lake Cayuga is fantastic, as opposed to the terrible man-made lakes that plague most of southern California.

Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:18 pm

SAE wrote:Do not feed the troll

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Seriously, Ed Hardy? That shit is at Macy's right now. You realize that Ed Hardy is only worn by people pretending to be wealthy, right? You're only wealthy when you can walk into Dolce & Gabanna on Rodeo Drive and spend $450 on a button up crisp white shirt. Just saying.

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Never change, GermX. You bring me too much mirth.

ToriM

New

Post by ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Thomas Jefferson wrote:Getting this thread back on track, by when do you all think Cornell will have given every applicant an accept, deny, or WL decision? My guess is that after the backlog and all the reserves, it will be mid-to-late June.
Seriously?! I thought all the schools were obligated to give applicants some kind of a decision by the end of this month. Am I totally mistaken?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 pm

ToriM wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:Getting this thread back on track, by when do you all think Cornell will have given every applicant an accept, deny, or WL decision? My guess is that after the backlog and all the reserves, it will be mid-to-late June.
Seriously?! I thought all the schools were obligated to give applicants some kind of a decision by the end of this month. Am I totally mistaken?
If they don't do it, they need to refund the application fees or something.

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:01 pm

GermX wrote:Seriously, Ed Hardy? That shit is at Macy's right now. You realize that Ed Hardy is only worn by people pretending to be wealthy, right? You're only wealthy when you can walk into Dolce & Gabanna on Rodeo Drive and spend $450 on a button up crisp white shirt. Just saying.
I'm sorry to feed the troll, but this is just sooo entertaining. GermX, You are such a new rich, and even if you are not, you act like one. And btw, LA is just full of newly rich people, I'm not rich myself, but I know/hang out with many people who are, and they dont act/talk like you. And like I said, classy rich people with trust funds that will blow you and your "wealthy LA family" out of the park are not talking about $450 shirts, they are taking their private jets to Paris a shopping day (I know someone who did this just last weekend).

The point is, stop being an ass, you will not be the wealthiest person at any law school, and the moment you start speaking about your expensive clothes, someone else will shut you up and say, "huh? thats for poor people"

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Got put on reserve today, DR 4/6. Not sure yet if I'm going to stay on.

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Got put on reserve today, DR 4/6. Not sure yet if I'm going to stay on.
don't lol
but I'm serious...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 pm

I still have the old decision rendered from december '09...anybody else like me with no updated status checker?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:40 pm

I dont think I should go to Cornell if this is the caliber of wealth at the school. I will be unconsolably sad if I have to stay back and study while the rest of the school goes to Milan for $400 undershirts.

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm sorry to feed the troll, but this is just sooo entertaining. GermX, You are such a new rich, and even if you are not, you act like one. And btw, LA is just full of newly rich people, I'm not rich myself, but I know/hang out with many people who are, and they dont act/talk like you. And like I said, classy rich people with trust funds that will blow you and your "wealthy LA family" out of the park are not talking about $450 shirts, they are taking their private jets to Paris a shopping day (I know someone who did this just last weekend).

The point is, stop being an ass, you will not be the wealthiest person at any law school, and the moment you start speaking about your expensive clothes, someone else will shut you up and say, "huh? thats for poor people"
The point is, do you honestly know what you're talking about? Let me further describe my family's financial situation right here. We have (and no, I'm not lying) homes, yes, houses/apartments we own, in London, Paris, Madrid, Riyadh, Dubai, Lebanon, Amman, Cairo, the Philippines, and, of course, in Los Angeles (as well as in Houston). We have dozens of cars, with each location having at least 3+ cars.

While we don't own our own private jet, we do fly first-class on the world's best airlines, and we fly whenever, wherever we want.

I'll describe my mom's current flight itinerary: Milan 2 weeks ago to attend fashion week, before that, New York and Los Angeles, and right now, currently taking a tour across Turkey and Greece, followed by a 1 week stop in Rome with my dad.

Obviously, there are people richer than us. But I promise you buddy, we're rich. Not new rich, we are actually rich.

EDIT: Btw, do you honestly think that I would go around town talking about my expensive clothes? Heh, they speak for themselves, buddy. However, on these forums, we did derail a bit from my original point, which was that Ithaca=shit village, Los Angeles=cool city.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:01 pm

GermX wrote:

The point is, do you honestly know what you're talking about? Let me further describe my family's financial situation right here. We have (and no, I'm not lying) homes, yes, houses/apartments we own, in London, Paris, Madrid, Riyadh, Dubai, Lebanon, Amman, Cairo, the Philippines, and, of course, in Los Angeles (as well as in Houston). We have dozens of cars, with each location having at least 3+ cars.

While we don't own our own private jet, we do fly first-class on the world's best airlines, and we fly whenever, wherever we want.

I'll describe my mom's current flight itinerary: Milan 2 weeks ago to attend fashion week, before that, New York and Los Angeles, and right now, currently taking a tour across Turkey and Greece, followed by a 1 week stop in Rome with my dad.

Obviously, there are people richer than us. But I promise you buddy, we're rich. Not new rich, we are actually rich.

EDIT: Btw, do you honestly think that I would go around town talking about my expensive clothes? Heh, they speak for themselves, buddy. However, on these forums, we did derail a bit from my original point, which was that Ithaca=shit village, Los Angeles=cool city.
Ouch, I don't appreciate that Houston must be separated from all other places with ( ).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:03 pm

GermX wrote:The point is, do you honestly know what you're talking about? Let me further describe my family's financial situation right here. We have (and no, I'm not lying) homes, yes, houses/apartments we own, in London, Paris, Madrid, Riyadh, Dubai, Lebanon, Amman, Cairo, the Philippines, and, of course, in Los Angeles (as well as in Houston). We have dozens of cars, with each location having at least 3+ cars.

[facepalm]

For the love of everything holy, please join the next suicide cult.

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:04 pm

GermX wrote:

Sorry but No Private Jet = Not Rich ; and Ithaca=Charming ; LA =Lil' Mexico (not that there is anything wrong with Mexicans)
Last edited by cr073137 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:04 pm

lol@Houston.

Lighten up bitches.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:05 pm

cr073137 wrote:LA =Lil' Mexico (not that there is nothing wrong Mexicans)
Little Armenia

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:07 pm

First Texas, now Mexico?! You people got some hate issues!

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:07 pm

GermX wrote:
Ok, now I don't even believe you live in LA at all. Anyway, this is all a thread derail.
I live in L.A., roflmao, I've been here for all my life, in fact. I'm sorry that it's difficult for you to see that there is a side of L.A. where everyone is filthy rich and can afford to spend thousands of dollars a day on random shit. But that's how it is. For example, last week I went shopping at Fred Seagal's (on Melrose) and spent over $3,000 on exactly this: shoes, 2 hoodies, 3 button up shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, and 2 belts. Over the weekend, me and my friends were over at Voyeur on Santa Monica Blvd.--we got a table and threw down over $1,000 on drinks and stuff (the women are worth it, of course). My apartment is a 2 bedroom on Beverly Dr. that costs $3,500 a month to rent. In fact, when I move to New York, I plan on living in Midtown, right a long the 5th avenue/Central Park area, and I expect rent to be somewhere around that as well for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

My point? Beverly Hills is awesome, everyone would want to live there, provided they could afford it. And honestly, if you can't afford to spend at least $25,000 a month (minimum), you shouldn't even consider it.

Back on thread, I'm still on complete, hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

I'm gunna straight up puke if you matriculate at Fordham.

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Don't be hating, bro.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:09 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
GermX wrote:
Ok, now I don't even believe you live in LA at all. Anyway, this is all a thread derail.
I live in L.A., roflmao, I've been here for all my life, in fact. I'm sorry that it's difficult for you to see that there is a side of L.A. where everyone is filthy rich and can afford to spend thousands of dollars a day on random shit. But that's how it is. For example, last week I went shopping at Fred Seagal's (on Melrose) and spent over $3,000 on exactly this: shoes, 2 hoodies, 3 button up shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, and 2 belts. Over the weekend, me and my friends were over at Voyeur on Santa Monica Blvd.--we got a table and threw down over $1,000 on drinks and stuff (the women are worth it, of course). My apartment is a 2 bedroom on Beverly Dr. that costs $3,500 a month to rent. In fact, when I move to New York, I plan on living in Midtown, right a long the 5th avenue/Central Park area, and I expect rent to be somewhere around that as well for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

My point? Beverly Hills is awesome, everyone would want to live there, provided they could afford it. And honestly, if you can't afford to spend at least $25,000 a month (minimum), you shouldn't even consider it.

Back on thread, I'm still on complete, hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

I'm gunna straight up puke if you matriculate at Fordham.
Why, because flying to Milan on a public aircraft will make you much more nauseous than on a private one?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:10 pm

GermX wrote:

Blair Waldorf would never talk like this.

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:10 pm

He would if he was on a forum dissing Cornellia's slow admissions team.

ToriM

New

Post by ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:12 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:
GermX wrote:

Blair Waldorf would never talk like this.
Hence, why New York >>>> California. Had to be said.

Also, can't wait for this week's episode! Yes, I am a 12 year-old girl.

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:13 pm

Jericwithers wrote:First Texas, now Mexico?! You people got some hate issues!
Lol, I have no hate for anyone (I dated a mexican once), and I actually like both LA and Ithaca, they are different, but both have their own type of charm, you just need to look for it.
I just hate people who talk about their money, especially as I've met NICE people with Yes, even more money than you GermX, that dont talk/act like that.

I was just feeding the troll, I was bored, I'll stop now...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”