Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
attendantgodot

New

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by attendantgodot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 pm

status applied as of 12/1... didn't go complete until 2/4 (even though they had all my materials when i applied)... the website says that applicants who went complete before 2/1 will receive a decision in 8-12 weeks.... any idea when post 2/4 complete-ers will get a decision?

turkishangora

Bronze

Post by turkishangora » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:11 pm

attendantgodot wrote:status applied as of 12/1... didn't go complete until 2/4 (even though they had all my materials when i applied)... the website says that applicants who went complete before 2/1 will receive a decision in 8-12 weeks.... any idea when post 2/4 complete-ers will get a decision?
I think it'll be fine. Based on this week and last, ppl here "applied" early Nov and complete a few weeks ago have gotten word already? I doubt it'll really be 8 weeks after 'complete' - definitely not 12.

Due to record numbers of applications this year we are experiencing delays in processing applications. Once we have processed your application materials we will contact you via email to either confirm that your application is complete or to provide you with details if you are missing application materials. We will then update your online status check account, if you have created one. Please be aware that applications will be considered on time based on when application materials are received rather than when we update the application status to "complete".

jelizabeth88

New

Post by jelizabeth88 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 pm

I'm still only "applied" as of 1/05, anyone else who "applied" around then still not gone complete or under review? Based on their LSN graph it looks like not very many people have heard back yet, I'm hoping it's just that.

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Post by devilishangelrjp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:07 pm

jelizabeth88 wrote:I'm still only "applied" as of 1/05, anyone else who "applied" around then still not gone complete or under review? Based on their LSN graph it looks like not very many people have heard back yet, I'm hoping it's just that.
I'm still applied as of 1/5. It's definitely going to be a while...

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:12 pm

jelizabeth88 wrote:I'm still only "applied" as of 1/05, anyone else who "applied" around then still not gone complete or under review? Based on their LSN graph it looks like not very many people have heard back yet, I'm hoping it's just that.
It took me two months and a day to go from "applied" to "complete." Honestly, it could be another month till they move on your apps. Sucks, but that what happens when they get a 50% increase in applicants.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:49 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:
+1...think we might find out before April 1? Seat deposits will have to go out by then.....

lawapps0502

Bronze

Post by lawapps0502 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:28 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
devilishangelrjp wrote:
+1...think we might find out before April 1? Seat deposits will have to go out by then.....
I applied in november and my application didn't go complete until late january.....

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 am

redhead77 wrote:
AS1987 wrote:Hi everyone.

When I logged into my status checker tday and have a DR: 2/4 with all the admitted students links and stuff.

Is there any consensus if this means I am in ??
Just want to share that I first reached "decision" last weekend and couldn't see the ASW links. I called on Monday and it turned out that they wanted to interview me. Had the interview on Tuesday and now, the decision has updated and I can see the links. Definitely a different experience than last weekend, so I'd say if you can see the ASW links you're in. Congrats AS1987!
Congrats! I assume this interview was over the phone? Or are you a Cornell undergrad? Can you share what you talked about? I searched and found a couple of threads that imply that an interview as a form of yield protection to gauge interest.

LvingLegend

New

Post by LvingLegend » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:23 am

I am still stuck at applied 12/1.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:27 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
turkishangora wrote:
tm912 wrote:So did anyone else apply in December and still not go complete yet? I feel as though my "Applied" status is never going to change, it has been a month and a half...curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat.
ME!! I thought a bunch of ppl are...based on this thread, they're completing first week of Dec "applied" and maybe up to late Nov "applied" decisions?
Me too....applied 12/28, but they didn't process until 1/5 so my status is applied as of 1/5
Yeah I was "Applied" as of 12/3. I was starting to get worried but this seems to be an issue for several people. But still, I can't even get complete after more than two months? Bad form, Cornell...

MahaloMontana

New

Post by MahaloMontana » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:37 pm

im_blue wrote:
redhead77 wrote:
AS1987 wrote:Hi everyone.

When I logged into my status checker tday and have a DR: 2/4 with all the admitted students links and stuff.

Is there any consensus if this means I am in ??
Just want to share that I first reached "decision" last weekend and couldn't see the ASW links. I called on Monday and it turned out that they wanted to interview me. Had the interview on Tuesday and now, the decision has updated and I can see the links. Definitely a different experience than last weekend, so I'd say if you can see the ASW links you're in. Congrats AS1987!
Congrats! I assume this interview was over the phone? Or are you a Cornell undergrad? Can you share what you talked about? I searched and found a couple of threads that imply that an interview as a form of yield protection to gauge interest.
Yes, the interview was over the phone. They describe it as part of a new slant to their admission process; they interview about 150 people per year, and they say they're doing it in order to get to know some of the future students on a more personal level. I really enjoyed it; my interviewer was very friendly and funny, and I learned a lot about the school and was able to ask a lot of questions Cornell and how I would personally fit into the community. I wish more schools did this.

EDIT: I'm not a Cornell UG, to clarify. Oh, and she asked me questions based on my resume. Didn't really feel like an interview, so I can't remember a lot of specific "questions." More like a conversation about my experiences, and about Cornell.

lawyerlover

Bronze

Post by lawyerlover » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:20 pm

complete as of 1/22 - anyone else in the same boat?

lawapps0502

Bronze

Post by lawapps0502 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:21 pm

lawyerlover wrote:complete as of 1/22 - anyone else in the same boat?
yes

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:25 pm

I was at "applied" as of 12/8 until yesterday or today. now it says "as of 12/08/2009 your application status is: complete". finally!

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

turkishangora

Bronze

Post by turkishangora » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:34 pm

chutzpah wrote:I was at "applied" as of 12/8 until yesterday or today. now it says "as of 12/08/2009 your application status is: complete". finally!

Did you get a email? the web said they would email. I can't beleive they're still stuck on first week of dec. :( Good luck to you though!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Come on Cornell, I just want to go complete! You can reject me the next day if you want, as long as my app goes complete eventually.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:25 pm

turkishangora wrote:
chutzpah wrote:I was at "applied" as of 12/8 until yesterday or today. now it says "as of 12/08/2009 your application status is: complete". finally!

Did you get a email? the web said they would email. I can't beleive they're still stuck on first week of dec. :( Good luck to you though!
Nope no email, not yet anyway. Just discovered it during my daily rounds.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:51 pm

chutzpah wrote:
turkishangora wrote:

Nope no email, not yet anyway. Just discovered it during my daily rounds.
When I went complete, I didn't get an email until about 6am the next day.

hoodence

New

Post by hoodence » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Can someone PM the address and person I should send an LOCI to? My washing machine destroyed my letter and now I'm left guessing how I should address this LOCI. Thanks a bunch!

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Finally complete! I was "Applied" since 12/3. Amusingly, however, it says that I am "Complete" as of 12/3. Maybe somehow I'll make the 2/1 cutoff for getting decisions? lol... :roll:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:02 pm

bayareadunks wrote:Finally complete! I was "Applied" since 12/3. Amusingly, however, it says that I am "Complete" as of 12/3. Maybe somehow I'll make the 2/1 cutoff for getting decisions? lol... :roll:
Mine listed my appied date as my completion for a few days, then switched to the date that it had actualy gone complete a few days later.

But they do say this:

"Due to record numbers of applications this year we are experiencing delays in processing applications. Once we have processed your application materials we will contact you via email to either confirm that your application is complete or to provide you with details if you are missing application materials. We will then update your online status check account, if you have created one. Please be aware that applications will be considered on time based on when application materials are received rather than when we update the application status to "complete".

We apologize for the delays. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

It certainly seems optimistic of them. Here's hoping they can pull it off.

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:09 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
bayareadunks wrote:Finally complete! I was "Applied" since 12/3. Amusingly, however, it says that I am "Complete" as of 12/3. Maybe somehow I'll make the 2/1 cutoff for getting decisions? lol... :roll:
Mine listed my appied date as my completion for a few days, then switched to the date that it had actualy gone complete a few days later.

But they do say this:

"Due to record numbers of applications this year we are experiencing delays in processing applications. Once we have processed your application materials we will contact you via email to either confirm that your application is complete or to provide you with details if you are missing application materials. We will then update your online status check account, if you have created one. Please be aware that applications will be considered on time based on when application materials are received rather than when we update the application status to "complete".

We apologize for the delays. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

It certainly seems optimistic of them. Here's hoping they can pull it off.
Oh wow that would be awesome. Thanks for the information. I'm just happy to be complete really.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Yeah, I'll just be happy to go complete at Cornell (if that ever happens)...

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:28 pm

From 'Applied 12/3' to complete today. Only took 'em two and a half months.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”