Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jackwhiteiii

New

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by jackwhiteiii » Fri May 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Not to be nosey, but has your status checker changed at all since receiving the acceptance? Bahhh mine hasn't budged since getting waitlisted, & thanks to this thread all I've been doing is refreshing the status checker and my e-mail account every chance I get with mounting anxiety and frustration!!!

Devila_C

New

Post by Devila_C » Fri May 21, 2010 6:00 pm

jackwhiteiii wrote:Not to be nosey, but has your status checker changed at all since receiving the acceptance? Bahhh mine hasn't budged since getting waitlisted, & thanks to this thread all I've been doing is refreshing the status checker and my e-mail account every chance I get with mounting anxiety and frustration!!!
Jackwhite - my status checker hasnt changed. I don't think acceptances are getting reflected timely anymore. Just be patient and wait for your email. Good luck!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:00 pm

jackwhiteiii wrote:Not to be nosey, but has your status checker changed at all since receiving the acceptance? Bahhh mine hasn't budged since getting waitlisted, & thanks to this thread all I've been doing is refreshing the status checker and my e-mail account every chance I get with mounting anxiety and frustration!!!
Mine has changed to "Early Action Complete" 4/14/10. No links.

jackwhiteiii

New

Post by jackwhiteiii » Fri May 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Thanks so much for the info! This is going to sound weird because I don't post as much as I should, but I am so happy and proud that people are getting in, and it only gives people like me continued hope! This board has honestly kept me sane for the past month.

jmesser

New

Post by jmesser » Sun May 23, 2010 7:14 pm

When you initially get a decision does everyone only get a written decision? Or are all acceptances e-mailed or vice versa. My status checker just reported I have a decision.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:46 pm

jmesser wrote:When you initially get a decision does everyone only get a written decision? Or are all acceptances e-mailed or vice versa. My status checker just reported I have a decision.
Do you have links below? I got the acceptance email before my status changed but it is now at Decision with links below. No links typically mean ding, WL, or reserve. You can call in the morning and they will usually tell you over the phone. Good luck!

askhos

New

Post by askhos » Sun May 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Man, I wish I get an acceptance. Congrats jks289!

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Sun May 23, 2010 7:58 pm

jmesser wrote:When you initially get a decision does everyone only get a written decision? Or are all acceptances e-mailed or vice versa. My status checker just reported I have a decision.
When did you go "complete"?

Or is this a Reserve->Decision thing?

OneSixtySix

Bronze

Post by OneSixtySix » Sun May 23, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm amused by the amount of folks admitted to BU hoping to get into Cornell (including myself). Doesn't seem to be a lot of differences between the two- despite their reputations for each having an amazing faculty.

On reserve...still waiting :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shaps6

New

Post by shaps6 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:52 am

Do we know if they're currently reviewing regular decision applicants?

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Mon May 24, 2010 11:03 am

shaps6 wrote:Do we know if they're currently reviewing regular decision applicants?
Yes, they still have initial decisions to issue.

shaps6

New

Post by shaps6 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:14 am

Sorry, what I meant was: do we know if they've begun reviewing regular decision RESERVE applicants.

Mattalones

Silver

Post by Mattalones » Mon May 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Tue May 25, 2010 1:27 pm

The difference is huge. Look, I'm in at George Washington and I couldn't be happier. Top 20 school, amazing location and networking etc..., I am so freaking excited. But Cornell is IVY LEAGUE. It's a class of its own. It's a freaking t-14. There is no way in hell I could pass that up despite how shitty Ithaca is. So, yeah, its a big difference.

Mattalones

Silver

Post by Mattalones » Tue May 25, 2010 1:38 pm

lol
4/28/10
GermX wrote:Cornellia, you fuck faced shit mongers!
5/25/10
GermX wrote:Cornell is IVY LEAGUE. It's a class of its own. ... There is no way in hell I could pass that up
GermX says,
--ImageRemoved--

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Tue May 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Has anyone on reserve called lately to check on their status, and when maybe we should start to hear some responses?

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Tue May 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey, I didn't say Cornellia wasn't filled with fuck faced shit mongers. The bastards made me wait all the way up until may in order to put my ass on reserve. I sent a LOCI in but I doubt I'll get an answer anytime soon from these bitches. Honestly, they really have the most retarded admissions team on the planet. Seriously, every other fucking law school is pretty much done with its apps, save the waitlist. You guys are still making regular decision people wait. Honestly, Cornellia, honestly...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue May 25, 2010 2:44 pm

GermX wrote: [strike]Hey, I didn't say Cornellia wasn't filled with fuck faced shit mongers. The bastards made me wait all the way up until may in order to put my ass on reserve. I sent a LOCI in but I doubt I'll get an answer anytime soon from these bitches. Honestly, they really have the most retarded admissions team on the planet. Seriously, every other fucking law school is pretty much done with its apps, save the waitlist. You guys are still making regular decision people wait. Honestly, Cornellia, honestly...[/strike]
Fix'd.

xcountryjunkie

Bronze

Post by xcountryjunkie » Tue May 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Accepted! First and only acceptance so far this year, so I'm very psyched about it. I got in on Friday but haven't had internet access (hence the late post). Mine was an initial decision, which I thought would never come!

I already sent my deposit, but want to go up and visit ASAP. Anyone know if they are still giving tours or anything since the academic year is over?

lawyerlover

Bronze

Post by lawyerlover » Tue May 25, 2010 4:40 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:Accepted! First and only acceptance so far this year, so I'm very psyched about it. I got in on Friday but haven't had internet access (hence the late post). Mine was an initial decision, which I thought would never come!

I already sent my deposit, but want to go up and visit ASAP. Anyone know if they are still giving tours or anything since the academic year is over?
congrats!

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Tue May 25, 2010 5:01 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:Accepted! First and only acceptance so far this year, so I'm very psyched about it. I got in on Friday but haven't had internet access (hence the late post). Mine was an initial decision, which I thought would never come!

Congrats! I'm glad to hear they're still giving acceptances! It gives me hope!

When did you go "complete" , if I may ask?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

xcountryjunkie

Bronze

Post by xcountryjunkie » Tue May 25, 2010 6:34 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:

Thanks! My info: 4/12, 169/3.7.

yeff

Bronze

Post by yeff » Tue May 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Submitted 1/29, Received 2/1, Complete 4/6, Decision Reached 5/21

:lol:

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Tue May 25, 2010 6:59 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:
AdamatUCF wrote:

Thanks! My info: 4/12, 169/3.7.

It's uncanny. Our cycles were identical (Right down to the WL->Reject at UVA.), except you applied to Columbia and I applied to Northwestern. Same result though.

Oh, and I'm still waiting to hear from Cornell. :(

cutie3.141592

New

Post by cutie3.141592 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:00 pm

JKS, and anyone else admitted last Friday, did you apply for fin aid, and if so, have you gotten a fin aid package yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”