Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Gold

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by Jericwithers » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Emails happened the last weeks of December for those under EA. I don't think emails have happened since.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Emails happened the last weeks of December for those under EA. I don't think emails have happened since.
I was just reading the thread. They've been happening recently. Maybe it's different for me because I went decision on a weekend. We'll see.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:40 pm

dk8 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Emails happened the last weeks of December for those under EA. I don't think emails have happened since.
I was just reading the thread. They've been happening recently. Maybe it's different for me because I went decision on a weekend. We'll see.
Ah, they must be doing it because of the deadline next week. Not sure how it is working, then.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:44 pm

tigrelis wrote:Email for acceptances? Grr... I'll prob be WL too since I am apparently a WL magnet. Probably wouldn't pick Ithaca over DC for three years at this point anyway.
I had hope at first because yesterday's batch was a reserve batch. And we aren't rejects numerically. Maybe they want to interview us. I could really use this. Shut out of the T14 so far.

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Went DR on 4/7 and got the WL letter today. :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:52 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:Went DR on 4/7 and got the WL letter today. :roll:
same here. raising my LSAT has done nothing but make me eligible for waitlists. here's to hopin we get off of it.

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:41 pm

dk8 wrote:
same here. raising my LSAT has done nothing but make me eligible for waitlists. here's to hopin we get off of it.
I actually withdrew, but best of luck to you and everyone else still waiting.

cendien

Bronze

Post by cendien » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Are the waitlists you guys are referring to the same as them "putting your name on reserve"? I got a letter informing me of my reserve status, saying the official waitlist would be created in May.

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Just placed on reserve via snail mail. Not disappointed though, the envelope looked like a rejection so the reserve was a pleasant surprise!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tigrelis

New

Post by tigrelis » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:48 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:
dk8 wrote:
I actually withdrew, but best of luck to you and everyone else still waiting.
Lol looks like you have bigger fish to fry. Congrats :)

I didn't get an AS link on my status checker.. Damn.

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:Just placed on reserve via snail mail. Not disappointed though, the envelope looked like a rejection so the reserve was a pleasant surprise!
I second that. Got my letter today! Not a rejection that was nice, but sheeze they took sooo friggin long.

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:54 pm

3.4, 169 here, no answer yet. Hope I get in, I feel like my numbers are decent for Cornell.

femme

New

Post by femme » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Long term lurker, I decided to register and wait with you guys. I applied uber late so I'm going to be around for a while.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Placed on reserve.

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Withdrew today. Hope one of you gets my spot and good luck to those still waiting/deciding!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:05 pm

What date do the reserve people have for DR? I'm not going to me home for another week and am wondering if I should expect another WL or a rejection...

dreaming

Bronze

Post by dreaming » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Just checked my status checker--it says decision reached as of 4/8... since I didn't get an email, does this probably mean rejection?? :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

newyorker88

Silver

Post by newyorker88 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:45 pm

dreaming wrote:Just checked my status checker--it says decision reached as of 4/8... since I didn't get an email, does this probably mean rejection?? :(
I don't know anything about an email but accepted students see an admitted students link in their status checker.

dreaming

Bronze

Post by dreaming » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:47 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
dreaming wrote:Just checked my status checker--it says decision reached as of 4/8... since I didn't get an email, does this probably mean rejection?? :(
I don't know anything about an email but accepted students see an admitted students link in their status checker.
oh well... :(

Mattalones

Silver

Post by Mattalones » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

dreaming

Bronze

Post by dreaming » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Mattalones wrote:
I just check mine after seeing all of the talk about weekend status changes ... Nothing :-(

I was so nervous as I was clicking the links. Getting this would make my life SOOOOoooOooOoOOOOO much easier.

Complete 2/8, BTW

When were others complete who have been getting recent status changes?

I was complete 3/4... So I guess I'll call tomorrow and get my rejection on the phone :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ToriM

New

Post by ToriM » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Goodness, reading this thread is NOT putting me at ease. I've been Complete since 3/22 (?!?!) and close to losing hope that they'll get to it before they fill the class. Just out of curiosity, did you all switch to "UR" before Decision Rendered or does it go straight from Complete to Decision? Really want to believe that they've at least started the process..

NervousInKC

Bronze

Post by NervousInKC » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 pm

ToriM wrote:Goodness, reading this thread is NOT putting me at ease. I've been Complete since 3/22 (?!?!) and close to losing hope that they'll get to it before they fill the class. Just out of curiosity, did you all switch to "UR" before Decision Rendered or does it go straight from Complete to Decision? Really want to believe that they've at least started the process..

I think it goes straight to a decision. I also went complete 3/22. Good luck to you! I hope they have room for us by the time they get to us :)

bryanhan

New

Post by bryanhan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Same here. Complete 3/3 and now decision reached as of 4/8. Didn't get the special link on that page and no email. I hope it does not mean rejection....

dreaming

Bronze

Post by dreaming » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm

bryanhan wrote:
Same here. Complete 3/3 and now decision reached as of 4/8. Didn't get the special link on that page and no email. I hope it does not mean rejection....
Complete 3/4...decision as of 4/8. Here's hoping! but no email and no link seems bad :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”